Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 USPSA Area 6 Handgun Championship

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All DQs are shooter error.

As I just witnessed at A6 - "all" of the error on the shooter may not be an accurate statement in every situation.

Well, there are SOME instances but I don't think we should get into that :ph34r:

:cheers:

First major match for me and the kid. I finished solidly in the lower third. The friendlyness and amount of learning and help was amazing. Made a real impresssion, think my kid is hooked - he has hope. The best thing besides that is that I won the Springfiled XD-9!!!

Sweated the Chrono, we made 125 PF by 2.086, Yikes, don't trust the F1 Chrony, wait, I shot it to pieces last week. Five or six of us were close - we were the poofy load squad. Also had a squib. The very first stage (12) first shooter's gun fell out of his race holster after tossing the ball and pivoting. From Alabama Shooters, great guy, took it with grace and hung out the rest of match with his buddies.

post-30266-044958900 1303130546_thumb.jp

It was a great bunch of people. Just becuse I dropped my gun, was no reason to drop my squad. Is your son cutting grass yet?

Looks like many DQs...were they on a particular stage?

No, they were all shooter error. No 180 violations that I know of.

I know of 2 180 violations

our squad lost 2 members to DQ on stage 5, a 180 and a failure to engage safety on holstering after "make ready"

our squad lost 2 members to DQ on stage 5, a 180 and a failure to engage safety on holstering after "make ready"

Nobody got DQ'd for a 180 on Stage 5

Great match everybody! Thanks to Linda, Paul, Tony, Sam, Manny, Frank and everyone who helped make it happen. :cheers: Congrats to all the winners, and of course thanks to the staff who worked very hard out in the Florida sun to put on such a wonderful event. I made alot of new friends shooting on sq.24, and bumped in to some old ones as well. It sure was great to see everyone again. I was sort of sad to go, I just love that range so much! 25+ bays!!! :wub:

Still working on a complete match video, but here is 1 of my better stages from the match.

can't believe how stiff and deliberate my shooting looks here, because even though I took it a little easy on this stage (my 1st stage of the match) I still finished 8th out of 100 with a time of 11.66 seconds. Well off the pace of some other GM's at 9.27, 9.78, and 5 other shooters in the 10's. Obviously I just shot good points.

Edited by Chris Keen

Really??? We had a shooter draw before turning completely and was stopped and DQ'd. wouldn't that be a 180 violation?

Really??? We had a shooter draw before turning completely and was stopped and DQ'd. wouldn't that be a 180 violation?

10.5.16 Drawing a handgun while facing uprange.

First major match for me and the kid. I finished solidly in the lower third. The friendlyness and amount of learning and help was amazing. Made a real impresssion, think my kid is hooked - he has hope. The best thing besides that is that I won the Springfiled XD-9!!!

Sweated the Chrono, we made 125 PF by 2.086, Yikes, don't trust the F1 Chrony, wait, I shot it to pieces last week. Five or six of us were close - we were the poofy load squad. Also had a squib. The very first stage (12) first shooter's gun fell out of his race holster after tossing the ball and pivoting. From Alabama Shooters, great guy, took it with grace and hung out the rest of match with his buddies.

Hey guys, this is the RO from Stage 11 - glad to have you out there! Your son did great, I was really impressed.

You won an XD-9 and I won a PINK belt, PINK mag holders, and PINK brass bag, wanna trade?? :)

Hey guys, this is the RO from Stage 11 - glad to have you out there! Your son did great, I was really impressed.

You won an XD-9 and I won a PINK belt, PINK mag holders, and PINK brass bag, wanna trade?? :)

That pink gear is top of the line CR Speed equipment, and I am sure you can find a buyer, so that you can get the same set in black or red.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2011 Area 6 Match Director

That pink gear is top of the line CR Speed equipment, and I am sure you can find a buyer, so that you can get the same set in black or red.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2011 Area 6 Match Director

Yeah but I would rather have the XD-9 :)

Due to changes in plans, I was in a crappy mood before shooting this match and the results prove it. I did however shoot with one of the very best squads (Squad 7) I have ever shot with. Reaffirmed some friendships and made some new ones. Every single stage it was difficult to find a target to paste or a steel to paint. That continued for two days all the way to the last stage.

I also was asked to serve on an arbitration committee. With the wealth of rules info I have garnered from Mark Ramsey and all of you, I figured bing-bam-boom, five minutes and this would be over. Two hours later we came up with a decision, whether we liked it or not. If you've never been on an arb committee, rest assured it's not all black and white. I recommend everyone asked to do it at least once.

Lastly thanks to Atlanta Arms and ammo for my generous door prize and all the staff that worked so hard to make it happen.

I also was asked to serve on an arbitration committee. With the wealth of rules info I have garnered from Mark Ramsey and all of you, I figured bing-bam-boom, five minutes and this would be over. Two hours later we came up with a decision, whether we liked it or not. If you've never been on an arb committee, rest assured it's not all black and white. I recommend everyone asked to do it at least once.

What, did they need help trying to find that ever elusive 2nd hole with only 1 hole in the target? If that was the case, they had the right man for the job! :roflol:

Edited by DrawandDuck

What, did they need help trying to find that ever elusive 2nd hole with only 1 hole in the target? If that was the case, they had the right man for the job! :roflol:

Not possible. Scoring issues, including "doubles", can only go as high as the RM. His/her decision is final.

:D

I JUST got back from this trip; man do I need a vacation from that vacation...

I had a great time! Couldn't really ask for a better match: fun stages, good RO's, great weather, experienced and efficient staff! Much thanks to all who worked so hard to pull this off. Without you all, it just wouldn't be possible. As always it was good to see all of my shooting family that I haven't seen in a while. Congratulations to the shooters who held it together and pulled off the wins.

Now that I have my first major of the year under my belt, I can get down to business...

Due to changes in plans, I was in a crappy mood before shooting this match and the results prove it. I did however shoot with one of the very best squads (Squad 7) I have ever shot with. Reaffirmed some friendships and made some new ones. Every single stage it was difficult to find a target to paste or a steel to paint. That continued for two days all the way to the last stage.

Lastly thanks to Atlanta Arms and ammo for my generous door prize and all the staff that worked so hard to make it happen.

It was nice shooting with you, and I agree that we had a great squad. After the match several of the RO's that I know said that we were the best squad of the match as far our attitude, and willingness to jump in and help out with pasting and resetting steel.

It was my 1st major match and I had more fun than I ever dreamed of having. My mother, who lives just down the road from the match, came out for a while Saturday morning, and she was thoroughly impressed with how nice everyone in our squad was. She had never been to a match, did not fully understand the kind of shooting we did, and what exactly I got out of doing it. After meeting different shooters, watching us shoot stages, and experieincing the atmosphere in general, she fully understood why I have so much fun at the matches. I can hardly wait to shoot another major match! I hope to shoot with you again sometime.

Chris Welch

Gainesville, FL

Too much fun. Thanks to all the staff, sponsors and shooters for the hard work. As seen in the video, I forgot my hat on Saturday, so I have some serious sunburn to show for it.

Here's the video from the youtube channel: http://youtube.com/eyecord

Good shooting! Just curious, what software you are using to make this picture-in-picture mix?

• 2 months later...