Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 USPSA Area 6 Handgun Championship

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't seem to find anyone in the atlanta area willing to split travel costs. :( otherwise, i've had the saturday-only form filled out on my desk for a month lol.

I hope someone sees this and gets in contact with you I would assume that you would be wiling to ride even with yankess who are passing through Atlanta.....

Here are the Area 6 Stages. They should also be posted soon on the Area 6 website.

Area6Stages.pdf

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Match Director

2011 USPSA Area 6 Championship

The Area 6 match for many years (especially the last 6 years) has been known for the SUPERIOR stages offered to the shooters for their fun and enjoyment.

Having been a match director I am very aware of the difficulties of putting on a major match. Anytime someone steps up to take on that task there are always growing pains. I commend your efforts and wish you luck in reaching the highest standard that has been set at previous Area 6 matches and look forward to next year!!!! :D

Edited by TRBL

i can't seem to find anyone in the atlanta area willing to split travel costs. :( otherwise, i've had the saturday-only form filled out on my desk for a month lol.

I hope someone sees this and gets in contact with you I would assume that you would be wiling to ride even with yankess who are passing through Atlanta.....

i'm willing to travel with anyone lol. i'm easy. :)

Is the chair in stage 7 going to be fixed to the ground?

these stages look great!

Not sure about the chair. Assistant Match Director, Tony Hyatt (also Central FL Section Coordinator), will make that call the weekend of 4-8 through 4-10 when we work on set-up. But the final word may go to Range Master Paul Hernandez. :rolleyes:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Match Director

Stages are posted.

Actually, they were already posted on this forum 10 days earlier. I wanted to post on the USPSA web site at the same time as Enos. In the past we were able to upload stage diagrams, so that they were together with the match announcement on the major match schedule area of the USPSA website. Well, apparently, we can no longer do that since the website upgrade.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Match Director

How many are in the Revolver Division?

Sadly, Revolver is going backward. I lost 2 shooters in Revolver this week. Today's numbers:

Limited = 99

Limited-10 = 16

Open = 98

Production = 68

Revolver = 3

Single Stack = 33

I am getting a handful of applications everyday (as we approach the April 1 entry fee increase), so this will change.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2011 Area 6 Match Director

803-629-7095

As of today, all shooting options for the weekend are FULL (Saturday Only, Saturday AM plus Sunday AM, and Saturday PM plus Sunday AM are all FULL). The only available slots for the match are for the Friday Only schedule. There are still many Friday slots available.

Anyone interested in working the match as staff (shoot Friday, work Saturday & Sunday), I could still use some help. That means CRO, RO or "willing & able to help anywhere" staff. If you are interested in assisting as staff, contact me off forum at LChico@msn.com.

This is the last day to pre-order match shirts or polos. An updated application is attached.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

803-629-7095

2011A6app.pdf

Sadly, Revolver is going backward. I lost 2 shooters in Revolver this week. Today's numbers:

Limited = 99

Limited-10 = 16

Open = 98

Production = 68

Revolver = 3

Single Stack = 33

Linda, is it too much to ask if there is enough GMs in Production division for a qualifier match this year?

Limited = 99

Limited-10 = 16

Open = 98

Production = 68

Revolver = 3

Single Stack = 33

Linda, is it too much to ask if there is enough GMs in Production division for a qualifier match this year?

No. Only enough GM's in Open & Limited for the entire match to count as a classifier. The rationale for adding 2 classifier stages to the match was to allow the other 4 divisions to also get classification scores. Plus, we have some foreign shooters who have the best opportunity to shoot classifiers against top level competition at Area matches. And, it is tough to place well in your class or division if you tank the classifier stages. Among that small group that "sandbags," the classifiers they shoot at Area matches may be the best reflection of their true ability.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

803-629-7095

Dudes and Dudettes there are a few great places to eat in and around the motels area.

There is Manny's Chop House and Norbys in Lake Wales and both are on the way back to most of the motels being used by the match. If you are staying further south in Sebring they have most of the chains. Manny's and Norbys will be crowded on weekend because that's where the locals and snowbirds go. A real breakfast can be had at a number if places nearby (real means hash browns/grits eggs and bacon/sausage) not that stuff you get in your car from some 15yr old who partied too much the night before.

Anyone interested in working the match as staff (shoot Friday, work Saturday & Sunday), I could still use some help. That means CRO, RO or "willing & able to help anywhere" staff.

I'm on Sat/Sun shoot times but if you need someone I can help out if you really need a body.

<- Canuck ro.

If it is not a secret :) How many GM's and M's in Production?

Currently 1 GM in Production & 7 Masters.

Please realize that may change. Out of the 73 shooters in Production, 17 are registered as Unclassified & 5 classified A. There will be an update to the classification system just before the match & many of the unclassified shooters will become classified & some of the A's may move to M.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

USPSA Area 6 Director