Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Missing dot from my C-more!

Bigpops

• 4 weeks later...

This thread is too funny! A couple months ago my gun broke at a match so a friend lent me his. I was kinda a wreck after breaking my gun anyway and on the first stage with the borrowed gun I forgot to turn the dot on at Make Ready. I shot the first three targets and then realized... hey, there should be a dot in that little window! Tip the gun, crank the knob and back to shooting. A couple of the guys said they've never seen anyone turn a dot on that fast and if there was a classification for it I'd make GM in knob turning! :roflol:

Red dots are also not fond of bright sunlight and replicate in the rain. They require a strong hand (or freestyle) and while normally smart creatures they seem to go dim on your most important stage. They are

expensive to feed and if you let them lay on their side you have to clean them constantly. :P

This thread is too funny! A couple months ago my gun broke at a match so a friend lent me his. I was kinda a wreck after breaking my gun anyway and on the first stage with the borrowed gun I forgot to turn the dot on at Make Ready. I shot the first three targets and then realized... hey, there should be a dot in that little window! Tip the gun, crank the knob and back to shooting. A couple of the guys said they've never seen anyone turn a dot on that fast and if there was a classification for it I'd make GM in knob turning! :roflol:

Ahhhh...snap! cheers.gif

Usually when the dot disappears it has come loose and fallen down to the bottom of the C more. If that happens, remove the scope from the mount, carefully remove the bottom and dump out the dot. You can then reassemble everything and put the dot back on the screen. Try to get it as centered as possible to avoid parallax. ;)

Usually when the dot disappears it has come loose and fallen down to the bottom of the C more. If that happens, remove the scope from the mount, carefully remove the bottom and dump out the dot. You can then reassemble everything and put the dot back on the screen. Try to get it as centered as possible to avoid parallax. ;)

I am 100% certain they fall off the screen and slide into the comp and get stuck there. That's why people rock their guns back and forth to get the poor bugger loose and slide it back into the C-more.

Ahhhh...snap! cheers.gif

Look what I... um.... said, lol! :goof:

And every once in a while it seems when you've lost your dot it has run off some other part of your gun. Kinda like the dot ran away with the grip screw!

I tried shaking the gun real fast with no success. Apparently it does not function like a snowglobe. Who knew?

No, no. You have to shake it kinda gently. If you shake it real fast it does work like a snow globe... with just one piece of snow in it. Ever notice how fast they go? Your dot is floating around in your lens at warp speed if you shake it too hard. :roflol: