Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge 2010

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do I find the final scores

http://www.fb3g.com/results.html

If you are on a computer with a small screen, scroll down the page -- they are on the lower portion of the web page. And click any letter in the word "FINALS" to see final results.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Thanks--see you this weekendat --TOYS match

A big Thank You to the AMU, Linda, Sandra, ROs, Soldiers that worked the match and Soldiers that are in position around the world so we can enjoy the freedom to play like this. Thanks to all of the sponsors for making this match possible as well.

I had a great time shooting with squad 5. The more I shoot 3gun, the more I am convinced that the world would be a better place if everyone was armed to the teeth. I have not met a nicer group of people in any sport outside of shooting.

Congratulations to the Division winners :cheers:

Hurley

Great match. KurtM has won another convert to Irons. Just have to remember to have the right aperture up for the stage. Thanks to all the ROs and staff that make this happen. Especially the Stage 5 crew: Stephan, Luke, Dement, McPhail, Grover, Grant, Trickett, TT and our rotating group of Rangers. You all were a pleasure to work with and totally professional at all times.

GB

Great Match as always...Hats off to the AMU crew, the Sponsors, and all of the people who made this match happen. :cheers: The stages were straight forward but challenging, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the prize table was awesome.

A few quick thoughts about the match...The stage design this year was probably the best I have seen. This match really was about the shooting yet retained all of the geewhiz/CDI factor that Benning and the AMU have become famous for. Striker rides, M-203s, 249s, smoke, trenches, were all there and fun for those who may never get a chance anywhere else to play with Uncle Sam's toys yet they were used so as to have absolutely zero affect on the outcome of the match. Absolute genius! Not one pistol dump box anywhere. More genius! Prize table was exceptional as always. The AMU and other soldiers running the match were absolute professionals. Civilian ROs the best around. Hat's off guys, good job.

A few quick thoughts about the match...The stage design this year was probably the best I have seen. This match really was about the shooting yet retained all of the geewhiz/CDI factor that Benning and the AMU have become famous for. Striker rides, M-203s, 249s, smoke, trenches, were all there and fun for those who may never get a chance anywhere else to play with Uncle Sam's toys yet they were used so as to have absolutely zero affect on the outcome of the match. Absolute genius! Not one pistol dump box anywhere. More genius! Prize table was exceptional as always. The AMU and other soldiers running the match were absolute professionals. Civilian ROs the best around. Hat's off guys, good job.

I agree completely. About the only suggestion I could make is it would have been way cool to have the SAW on stage one or stage five where we could have used it at 100 yards to provide a more realistic experience. Watched some of the GIs "police" the range. Wish I had that group to pick up our brass.

also i forgot to say it was good to see Wanda's D.I from last year working stage 5. it took me a minute when he asked me if i was still using her as my excuse for poor shooting. :rolleyes:

Best 3-gun match I've shot so far. Stages were challenging and lots of fun. Loved the slug shots on stages 3 & 8, rifle shots on stages 1, 5 & 6, and shooting handgun in the trenches on stage 9... All reasons to shoot the match again in 2011!!!

Thanks to all those who made the match possible and to the sponsors for the awesome prize table!

Just got home! Whew! Long, but good drive!

Thanks to everyone at the AMU, scoring and all those ranger trainees etc that made it so I didn't have to work. I just got to shoot...oh wait, somehow, I managed to shoot ugly even when I got to just shoot! Good grief!

Thanks to the Quantico 3-Gun shooting team for being so awesome to shoot with, and Daniel and Joe, too! Squad 3 was the best! Thanks to the RO's and everyone. :cheers: It was good to chat! Congrats to all the winners...

Thanks again!

Denise

Best 3-gun match I've shot so far. Stages were challenging and lots of fun. Loved the slug shots on stages 3 & 8, rifle shots on stages 1, 5 & 6, and shooting handgun in the trenches on stage 9... All reasons to shoot the match again in 2011!!!

Thanks to all those who made the match possible and to the sponsors for the awesome prize table!

+1

Can't wait for the 2011 match!

Pretty much the only thing that left some room for improvement was the FFL....

edit: And of course, a big thanks to Linda and the people doing the stats and getting the results up online every day!

Edited by gose

It was a great match, every year it just seems to get better. I'm pretty stoked about my best-ever FB3G finish... finally broke into the top half. I had a great time shooting and RO'ing stage 8, already looking forward to next year. Congrats and thanks to the AMU for putting on another great match.

DanO

Oh yeah, one last thing. I loaned a couple of 1911 mags to someone Thursday morning. It was really cold and really early, I can't remember who I loaned them to :wacko: , but it would be sweet if I could get them back. Thanks.

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to all who came out to play. Most important thanks goes out to our supporters, staff and the USAMU soldiers.

We appreciate all the kind words. Thanks

Lee

Dude! So happy to see you this weekend and catch up some! Just sorry I couldn't scratch your cute little four legged friend behind the ears. Love to see pics of you dog on FB!

This match was SOOOO MUCH FUN! I was squaded with all the GA boys (which was an education in and of itself, "It takes more than a little gun fire to clear a restaurant in Columbus GA." - classic quote for the weekend courtesy of Joe S.). Watching Rob Romero was like taking a University level class in being bad ass. The man has lightning in his veins! The match staff were all outstanding and I have no complaints what so ever about all the good looking range hands in uniform doing all the reset (Stage 4, truth revealed, Sgt. Howell's mother took extra pre-natal vitamins to make sure he'd be extra adorable). I got to ride in stryker, shoot a SAW and a grenade launcher, crawl thru rope/barbwire and shoot in a WWI style trench. What is NOT to love?!?!?!

Sorry you had to miss it Jesse...so, so sorry!

Edited to add...Soooo sorry I didn't find 3G sooner. If this is the last FB3G, I'll be sad!

Edited by carinab

Oh yeah, one last thing. I loaned a couple of 1911 mags to someone Thursday morning. It was really cold and really early, I can't remember who I loaned them to :wacko: , but it would be sweet if I could get them back. Thanks.

Email me - It was one of two late entries into the match & I can provide contact info.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Edited by LChico

Man what a match. It ran smooth with very little delays, great staff, stages, prizes, shooters, props, heaters on some of the stages, hell everything was great. BUT, I don't think our scores are right. I want a reshoot. How about this weekend? No prizes, just shooting. :sight:

Bad news Aaron. Now you'll have to top this one and the only way to do that is let us shoot out of a Blackhawk in the air next year. OH, and use the saw as a backup gun on the 400 yard target. 20rds should do it.

Had a fantastic time, shot a decent match. Just got in an hour ago. It'll take a day to square the rig away and probably not more than 5 minutes at the office to wish I was on the road again.

Thanks to everyone that had anything to do with the match. If I start trying to name names I know I will leave out more than a few and that would be wrong. So, Thank you to the following groups; The US Army, the Commander of Ft. Benning for allowing us to have the match, the commanding officer of the AMU, LTC Hodne, the members of the AMU, the RASP that ran their tails off setting steel and tapping targets, the civilians that worked the match, my fellow competitors and of course the sponsors. The prize table at this match is as awesome as the match. A special note of thanks must of course go to Linda Chico.

I am looking forward to next year.

Another FB3G in the history books. My favorite to date. Very straight forward stages with the usual Fort Benning appeal. My second favorite stage all year right behind shooting in a cave was stage 4 shooting 22 slugs in the shoothouse. JUST AWESOME! The live feeds were quite cool. Hats off to all invovlved. Aaron,Daniel,Lee,Travis,Shane,Tyler,Linda,Sandra,Joe and anyone else at the AMU I accidentally overloked. And the most deserving thanks....to all our soldiers who ensure that we can have these games and live freely day in and day out. All of you guys are the best. Hats off to my squad mates on squad 11. Good times to remember. Congrats to Taran Butler,Clint(the man on fire)Upchurch,Brian Ray,Kurt Miller for winning your divisions. Congrats to my good buddies and squad mates Joe Satterfield and Rob Romero for coming in just behind the winners of Tactical Optics and Tactical Irons. Thank You to all the sponsors and supporters of this match. Thank you to my sponsors(Noveske Rifleworks,Schmidt&Bender,Troy,Gieselle Automatics,Otte Gear,Kitanica,EM Gear and CPWSA) for making this a fantastic year.

Awesome end to a fun year.Can't wait for next year.

post-7475-099086500 1291697810_thumb.jpg

Match was great but the people were Awesome! I had a great time on Stage 3 with SSGT Joel Micholick, SGT George Norton, SGT Jeff Holguin and my good friend Earl Jull. Of course everybody's favorite on Stage 3 was the M249 SAW with over 6000 rounds fired in 4 days of competition.

Many thanks to the AMU, SFC Hampton, Linda Chico and everybody else that made this a reality. Hope to see you all again next year. :cheers: