Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hey---Single Stack Shooters

MichiganShootist

90% of my shooting over the past few years has been with a wheel gun or in IDPA... so I'd like some advice on Single Stack gear.

How many mags. do you Single Stack shooters normally have on your belt for a USPSA match????

I remember getting carried away on re-loads...and being forced to dig my "Barney" mag. out of my pocket at the Single Stack Classic years ago to finish a stage... and don't want to go "there" again.

Thanks,

Mark

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you use a quad mag. holder.... how do you guys fit 5 or 6 mags. on your belt????

Are you telling me I need to gain weight???? :roflol:

I tend to run five on the belt, but for bigger matches have added a sixth single, but that puts it pretty far back towards my spine!

Right now I'm running a Comp-Tac Belt Feed for four, then two older Safariland singles for five and six. If I were starting over I'd consider just running 6 Ready Tactical's since they're so compact. R,

8 One in the gun, 6 on the belt and one in the back pocket used to top off.

ever been running down a COF trying to reload and have the mag flip back over your right shoulder grab another off he belt don't pick up that dirty one.

I have a 34" waist, and at a match, I always have 7 Wilson ETM's loaded. 5 on the belt, 1 in the gun and 1 that I top load from and keep in a forward pocket in case a texas star gets the best of me. :rolleyes:

Don't laugh, it's come in handy once! You can never have too much ammo.

5 on the belt and the fifth one is my starter for 95% of stages. If it looks like I might need one more to avoid the awkward standing reload or to make a stage flow I'll put my starter in my front left pocket. As far as this Barney mag stuff you guys all talk about don't you know that's what 9rnd 40 S&W mags are for? :P

P.S. Yes I only load ONE to 9rnds and make sure it stands out (to avoid rolling to open div with unloaded starts).

I always go to the line with 6 pouches on my belt. Sometimes I don't have mags in them if its a short stand and shoot but usually I do. Most stages I run 6 plus 1. Several times at a local match the stages where designed with 9 round arays, every singe time! Suck it up and roll on. If you have the ammo you can work with it. If you don't have extras you pretty much have only one plan.