Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

I did go ahead and purchase the Nordic Low Drag Follower, mistake... It isn't the same shape so don't buy one. If any one wants this one let me know, I am going to see if they will take it back.

Interesting, because that Noridc follower fit better than the stock Stoeger follower in my 3000.

Was it this follower?

post-49290-0-45265900-1389143822_thumb.j

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. We are proceeding with the replacement nut project, so soon there will be a drop-in nut that does not require modding the shotgun or the MXT tube. Hopefully ready to ship when we get back from the SHOT show next week.

That will be nice to see. I wanted to pass on one other photo of the nut on the Stoeger mag tube. This photo shows how far down on the tube the nut attaches.

post-49290-0-30071800-1389144374_thumb.j

Edited by Butterpuc

I did go ahead and purchase the Nordic Low Drag Follower, mistake... It isn't the same shape so don't buy one. If any one wants this one let me know, I am going to see if they will take it back.

Interesting, because that Noridc follower fit better than the stock Stoeger follower in my 3000.

Was it this follower?

No, that is not the one I used. Mine looks very similar to this one, but with cuts on the side...I think mine is an earlier version of this follower.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/660691/nordic-components-low-drag-teflon-coated-shotgun-magazine-follower-12-gauge-aluminum

The stock follower was heavily dragging, especially forward in the stock tube (towards the muzzle), almost as if the Stoeger tube got narrower.

Was it this follower?

Damn that's the one I ordered because it fit the super nova tubes, it doesn't work? That sucks

Was it this follower?

Damn that's the one I ordered because it fit the super nova tubes, it doesn't work? That sucks

Hopefully yours will work.

Finally took mine apart to clean it since there was talk about cleaning out the grease. I was expecting it to be like my old surplus rifles packed cosmo. I looked and it did t look too bad, but boy is that stuff sticky. So go it all cleaned out, just need some decent weather to try it out and then order the mag tube.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. We are proceeding with the replacement nut project, so soon there will be a drop-in nut that does not require modding the shotgun or the MXT tube. Hopefully ready to ship when we get back from the SHOT show next week.

That will be nice to see. I wanted to pass on one other photo of the nut on the Stoeger mag tube. This photo shows how far down on the tube the nut attaches.

Just picked one of these shotguns, was going to start ordering parts for it. Is that message from Nordic saying they are coming out with a extension tube nut for this model?

Edited by jacketjoed

The nova tube and it work in all but a few guns. I haven't yet seen anyone determine which guns don't work but the most recent posters have had simple installation with a nova nut. Maybe a serial number comparison is in order.

I'm bummed my gun is at my FFL, Make Ready Pro Shop but I can't get it until after SHOT show. Good thing is he's going to put a tube on it, clean it, oil it and take it to a match this weekend and try to break it.

We are not affiliated with Nordic. I have been in contact with them, and they have decided that the modifications required are not extensive enough to justify making a unique nut. We are manufacturing a nut to be used in conjunction with the Nordic MXT tube allowing a drop-in fit for people who do not want to hack on their shotgun or tube. Should be released next week, either before or after SHOT, depending on when the anodizing is complete. I would recommend buying the Nordic tube and trying it, as about 3 in 10 fit up without mods.

Tom

We are not affiliated with Nordic. I have been in contact with them, and they have decided that the modifications required are not extensive enough to justify making a unique nut. We are manufacturing a nut to be used in conjunction with the Nordic MXT tube allowing a drop-in fit for people who do not want to hack on their shotgun or tube. Should be released next week, either before or after SHOT, depending on when the anodizing is complete. I would recommend buying the Nordic tube and trying it, as about 3 in 10 fit up without mods.

Tom

Ok thanks for the clarification, I will order the tube from them. What is the name of your company or how do I get on the list to buy one of your new nuts.

Thanks

My M3000 is being delivered to my FFL today, probably won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow. Of course, I've been staring at the NC mag tube that came 3 days ago!

I'm definitely interested in the new replacement nut when it comes out. Can't wait to hear how that works. Assuming that mine doesn't just work with no problems, that is.

Just an FYI, if you have a Scheels near by and are looking for this shotgun, I suggest checking them out. I picked mine up the other day for $399. Only some of them were that price, but the rest were $429, which to me beats the hell out of shipping and going thru an FFL. They said they just wanted to blow a few out so they lowered the price on a couple. Was brand new, came with 4 chokes, IC, MOD, Full and Turkey.

Edited by jacketjoed

My company is MOA Precision LLC, we are setting up our website to interface in the Enos vendor area. I will post on the shotgun forum here when they are ready to ship with pricing and pictures. They will ship USPS priority unless other shipment is needed. Thanks to all here for interest in this! We are working on other products for the Stoeger platform as well. Arredondo is providing us with speed loader chutes which we are modifying to work with these shotguns. We also make oversize release buttons, micro-dot mounts that attach between stock and receiver, and we do CNC loading port mods. In addition, we are blueprinting the trigger mechanism so we can rework for improved trigger pull weight and reset. We will be offering package deals as well, with groups of modifications appropriate to each class at a slight discount over the price of doing the mods separately. I will post up a website link when we have the page ready showing the Stoeger mods. I have been very happy with the performance of this shotgun, and we think it is a great value for 3gun competition.

As soon as the adapter nut is complete, we will be working with Nordic to get inventory of their MXT tubes (without their nut) on the shelf here so we can sell the extensions as a complete set with our nut for about the same price. We will stock the most common tube lengths.

Edited by openclassterror

My company is MOA Precision LLC, we are setting up our website to interface in the Enos vendor area. I will post on the shotgun forum here when they are ready to ship with pricing and pictures. They will ship USPS priority unless other shipment is needed. Thanks to all here for interest in this! We are working on other products for the Stoeger platform as well. Arredondo is providing us with speed loader chutes which we are modifying to work with these shotguns. We also make oversize release buttons, micro-dot mounts that attach between stock and receiver, and we do CNC loading port mods. In addition, we are blueprinting the trigger mechanism so we can rework for improved trigger pull weight and reset. We will be offering package deals as well, with groups of modifications appropriate to each class at a slight discount over the price of doing the mods separately. I will post up a website link when we have the page ready showing the Stoeger mods. I have been very happy with the performance of this shotgun, and we think it is a great value for 3gun competition.

As soon as the adapter nut is complete, we will be working with Nordic to get inventory of their MXT tubes (without their nut) on the shelf here so we can sell the extensions as a complete set with our nut for about the same price. We will stock the most common tube lengths.

Sounds like some good mods for the most popular shotgun in the sport not the newest. Any chance you do this stuff for a Benelli M2?

We do, but there are already numerous competent people here doing such work, and I didn't want to cut into the work of any of the established vendors. Also, we are in Oregon, so there is no use in East Coast guys shipping their shotguns right past local guys to us, when they could get it shipped back in 1 or 2 days instead of 4. I am happy to work on the Benellis and Versa-Maxes, just wanting to specialize in this new platform since the value is so high. We have been working on the Mossbergs too, but I am not enamored with the reliability I have seen, and the FNs don't seem to like the light loads very much either.

Tom

I got a 3500 and took it clay shooting today to start breaking it in and it was a jam-o-matic with the Federal Target Loads. Not impressed so far.

For those that opened up there loading port is the stock lifter long enough? I was looking at it today and it seemed as if I'd torch my finger on it during the reload.

Edited by jhugz

I got a 3500 and took it clay shooting today to start breaking it in and it was a jam-o-matic with the Federal Target Loads. Not impressed so far.

For those that opened up there loading port is the stock lifter long enough? I was looking at it today and it seemed as if I'd torch my finger on it during the reload.

I would start by cleaning it. I shot mine with the lightest loads I could find. I also ran federal bulk, Winchester bulk and rio bulk. No failures in 250 shells thru my 3500.