Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my new M3000 out to the range this weekend. Even without getting around to giving it a solid cleaning yet, it ran Winchester AA Light Target loads (1145fps) just fine. On the other hand, recoil was much more noticeable than my M2. That was a little surprising to me... Score one for the ComforTech stock, I guess.

I got my new M3000 out to the range this weekend. Even without getting around to giving it a solid cleaning yet, it ran Winchester AA Light Target loads (1145fps) just fine. On the other hand, recoil was much more noticeable than my M2. That was a little surprising to me... Score one for the ComforTech stock, I guess.

And the Gel recoil pad and proper fitting (did you fit it to you yet?)

These are the photos I used to write our cnc program for porting the Stoegers. Many thanks to Patrick for posting them up! I don't think it can be done much cleaner than he did it here and if you have patience and a good selection of files/ abrasives, it CAN be duplicated by hand. Did I mention you need patience? :roflol: I can't make money doing it by hand, so I have to tell the mill how to do it!

Who make a gel pad for the Stoeger?

I'm sure there are many websites that detail fitting a shotgun, are there any that are recommended?

So I started working on opening up the loading port, but I'm not comfortable working any farther as I don't want to paperweight the receiver/shotgun. It isn't anywhere where it needs to be for quads/deuces. Anyone know of any gunsmiths that will open up the loading port and weld the lifter on the stoeger?

From the little bit of research I've done on shotguns, it seems like they are all very similar, at least the recoil drive models. I would say any gunsmith that works on shotguns should be able to open the loading port and weld up the lifter.

No, I didn't fit it yet. It was just a quick range trip to function check. Pat, since you brought it up, I have looked at your article before and I understand drop and cast (played with the shims on my M2 to work at it, even), but I don't actually understand how to adjust pitch, which seems to be the important adjustment for felt recoil. Any wisdom you'd like to share, here? Thanks!

So I started working on opening up the loading port, but I'm not comfortable working any farther as I don't want to paperweight the receiver/shotgun. It isn't anywhere where it needs to be for quads/deuces. Anyone know of any gunsmiths that will open up the loading port and weld the lifter on the stoeger?

The photos above (post 256) show the cut for "load two". I load plenty fast enough and have not needed anything more aggressive.

I have yet to see any gunsmith open up a loading port anywhere close to how far mine is open. Most are a fraction of what you see on Pat's gun. It's gonna be tough to get anybody to hack on a receiver that far. Take it slow and post pics and we will walk you thru it.

From the little bit of research I've done on shotguns, it seems like they are all very similar, at least the recoil drive models. I would say any gunsmith that works on shotguns should be able to open the loading port and weld up the lifter.

Called Benny Hill and they wouldn't work on it. Any other suggestions?

I have yet to see any gunsmith open up a loading port anywhere close to how far mine is open. Most are a fraction of what you see on Pat's gun. It's gonna be tough to get anybody to hack on a receiver that far. Take it slow and post pics and we will walk you thru it.

I'm out on the road with my job and won't be home until the weekend but I'll post pics then. Thanks!

Try C-Rums.

Try C-Rums.

Thanks, they'll take it, and for the price I just may send it out. I plan to break it in a couple more times sending some more rounds downrange with it and I'll post the pics of the loading port work I've done so far.

Just emailed Jeff at C-Rums to see about the load port opening. My Dremel is in the corner scowling at me mercilessly but I'd like to not screw this up too badly and I really like how nice PK's turned out in the photos.

Try C-Rums.

Accurate Iron, Rose Action Sports or C-Rums, c-Rums is the welder lifter of the bunch