Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

After comparing the TTI lifter to the factory lifter, I think it will be easier to weld up the stock unit than to fit the Taran Tactical. There is no difference in overall length, but the end of the TTI is flat, while the factory has a small cutout.

IMG_0033_zps8d0122d7.jpg

IMG_0035_zpsb2c0521e.jpg

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got a decent tip to try and clean all the shavings out when opening up the loading port. Maybe I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to this stuff but I'd really like to get my receiver cleaner and get into every nook.

For best results,

Completely disassemble, no shortcuts!

Degrease inside & out. (Gunscrubber, brake cleaner etc.) Compressed air. You want it squeaky clean and dry, so nothing will stick in any crevasses.

Always clean the outside of the receiver and your padded vise before shifting positions, you don’t want to embed any shavings between the vise and receiver.

When done, repeat the degreasing & air. I then let it soak in a heavy coat of CLP (inside & out) before cleaning and reassembly.

What choke comes in these guns? I just ordered a 24" M3000 today. +5 is on the way from Shooters Connection.

Also, I have read that M1 and Ber/Ben Mobil chokes both fit. Are they the same?

Mine came with IC, Mod and Full. I'm using Carlsons Beretta chokes and they fit perfectly.

So the Nordic but clamped on with zero modifications on my 3500. However the low drag follower did not work as it was much longer then the stock.

Which follower did you use?

So the Nordic but clamped on with zero modifications on my 3500. However the low drag follower did not work as it was much longer then the stock.

You ordered the one for the Nova didn't you? I did the same thing. I think you have to order the generic 12 gauge follower because I ordered the nova one and it's too long in my m3500.

Got mine yesterday from my FFL. Couldn't wait to get home and put on the Nordic Components extension tube that's been mocking me in the corner of my place for a week. I have a 26" M3000, brand new, and the tube went on with zero issues. Just screwed right on and I didn't have to sand anything down or remove any metal. I got the low drag follower for it, however, and that's not really working out well as it's too long. Going back to the stock follower for now.

On another note, the VM bolt handle, the really light one, worked perfectly in this gun:

http://nordiccomp.com/retail/shop/bolt-handles/nc-bolt-operating-handle-for-remington-versa-max-12-gauge/

ISWOPE, did you consider cutting the Nordic follower to match the stock length? Might be worth a try, especially if you cannot return it. Did that for my JM930 and runs fine now.

Mark

Unfortunately, that won't work in this scenario because it's the smaller part that sticks too far into the cavity so that the lifter can't be depressed.

So, if I am reading this thread correctly........

The 3000 seems to be the version to get due to the 3500 being set up to shoot heavier loads.

Use caution on selecting a follower to replace due to sizing. Does anyone have a stock follower they could put calipers to for dimensions?

I may have to set one of these up for a new competitor this year.........

Actually, I take that back. The bolt handle I linked to doesn't seem to work. Goes in fine but then caused the bolt to hang up a bit. Might have to machine this up a bit to make it work properly. Like JT, I do like a bolt handle that spins so I can grab with the week hand. I put the stock follower back in and will probably stick with that for a while until I get around to opening up the loading port a bit and then I'll get the generic NC follower. All in all, however, I'm liking this platform. For the money it's tough to beat.

I'm gonna use my stock handle and follower. The entire point of my experiment with this gun is like Pat did. Find an inexpensive gun I can recommend to new shooters that doesn't require $800 in mods to take to their first match.

My Browning A5 is gonna take the spot of my old M2 as the top dog.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser