Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

Agreed. Kinda wish there was a way to move this thread down to multigun shotguns. The 391 is better suited to dedicated clay bird shooting. BTW, Mr Kelley, it looks like the flared opening on your loading port is biased more to the support hand side. If that is what I am seeing, is that working well? most I have seen have been symmetrical.

Tom

I moved this thread to the 3-gun forum. Since the OP was asking a question about 3-gun, I'm not sure why it was in the clays forum.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What magazine?

Shooting Illustrated.

Haven't seen the magazine article, but got one for my son for Christmas. Thanks for the tip on this one as my first impression is very positive. Looks and operates much the same as my M2. The recoil spring is different, but mostly the same otherwise. Loads very easy. Forearm is longer yet trimmer than my M2.

I'm having trouble locating an M3000 but a local shop has a 3500 in stock for $499. It's in Realtree but I can live with that if the 3500 is as viable as the 3000 seems to be. The counter guy doesn't know when or if they'll get a 3000. With my recent issue buying an unsuitable shotgun I'm hesitant. Anyone know if the 3500 is similiar enough to the 3000 to make this purchase worth it?

Edited to add; It's a 26 inch barrel.

Edited by EricS

I asked a gunsmith friend about the difference between the 3000 and 3500. This is what he told me.

The M3000 is a 2.75"/3" chamber gun, the M3500 is a 3.5" gun with longer receiver and stronger springs (the M3000 should cycle better with standard target loads.)

supporthand- quote button isn't working for me, but...

I'd exchange it if it wasn't too much of a hassle, but you're really not hurting yourself with a long barrel, especially if you plan on hanging a 10+ round magazine tube on it (which I recommend). My Versamax has a 12 round tube on it and it's longer than a 28" barrel would be anyways.

Found the M3000 article on the news stand a couple of days ago. Thank you Pat for a great write up and for putting in the rounds for a very comprehensive eval. I am looking for an inexpensive auto loader for my daughter and I see a 24" M3000 in her future.

Edited by co-exprs

Found the M3000 article on the news stand a couple of days ago. Thank you Pat for a great write up and for putting in the rounds for a very comprehensive eval. I am looking for an inexpensive auto loader for my daughter and I see a 24" M3000 in her future.

Thank you, thank you! If'n you guys don't buy the magazine...I can't afford to buy, try and write about these items that interest my fellow 3-Gunners!

In looking over the M3500 I can see no difference other than it is a 3.5" gun. Go for it!

Bought it today and started a new thread on it. Thank you Mister Kelley!!

Once broken-in it should run as well as its 3" brother! Enjoy mister. Merry Christmas to you!

The MXT is the modular tube. The nut is a separate piece, allowing you to change tube lengths without buying another complete assembly. The EXT is a one-piece unit as I recall. If you mess up the MXT nut while modifying, it is much less expensive to replace, as all components can be purchased separately. Unfortunately, the factory nut is not long enough to re-machine to fit the Stoeger unless you cut the end off the Stoeger mag tube. That is probably why Nordic says they don't intend to make a nut for our shotguns. It has to be a whole new longer part, not just a different version of the one they already make.

Phil, is that the MXT or EXT tube from Nordic? I don't know what the difference between the two is besides price.

The MXT is what I put on the Stoeger I have. It has an indention area for the Nordic barrel clamp and I believe I put a plus 5 on mine and then recently I added an extension from Shooter's Source.

Thanks guys. I ordered an MXT +5 with a barrel band, sling swivel attachment and generic 12 gauge follower last night. It shipped today. Fast work by Nordic. If I can I'll post a pic when I get it all together.

Did I miss something? Does the Nova Nordic Nut need to be modified to fit this gun?

Some are reporting that, but I haven't had an issue with just screwing them on.

One of the issues some are having is the factory tube having a long unthreaded section that needs to be cut back.