Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Nationals Dates Announced

Chuck Anderson

I received this by email from the President. Dates should be posted on the Nationals website soon, but here they are for everyone in the Enosverse. My understanding is that all the Vegas matches will be at Desert Sportsman, where the 2009 Pistol Nationals took place.

Sep 9-12 USPSA MultiGun Nationals Open, Tactical, Limited, Heavy Metal Las Vegas, Nevada

Oct 1-2 US IPSC Nationals Open, Standard – others to be announced Columbia, South Carolina

Oct 8-12 USPSA Handgun Nationals Open and Limited 10 Las Vegas, Nevada

Oct 13-16 USPSA Handgun Nationals Limited, Production and Revolver Las Vegas, Nevada

Thanks Chuck!

Since Vegas is close I hope to make the Multi-Gun Nats and at least the Production Handgun Nats also. If I can do Open/L10 then I'll try to squeeze it in but I have a real desire to shoot Production at this year's Nationals.

Edited by jasmap

It was Mike's call. I imagine it was a lot easier to negotiate a contract with one club than two. I think the Boulder club last year was more because they had to than a choice. Besides, Desert Sportsman has hosted some pretty awesome 3-Gun matches over the years, SOF, SWAT WC 3-Gun and USPSA's most successful 3-Gun matches as well. I'm looking forward to going back and shooting all three at DS again.

Looks like someone wasn't paying too much attention in the South either. The IPSC Nationals in Columbia, SC are listed as the same weekend the NC Sectional is in Raleigh, NC. Hope this just means the NC Sectional has been changed and no announcement made yet.

Oh gereat :angry: a year and a half after the US production challenge was announced the Nationals are on the same date. I wonder how that happened.

Tom

A year and a half? The first I heard of it was in September this year at the Nationals, 4ish months ago. Was there some other announcement that most of us missed?

Oh gereat :angry: a year and a half after the US production challenge was announced the Nationals are on the same date. I wonder how that happened.

Tom

A year and a half? The first I heard of it was in September this year at the Nationals, 4ish months ago. Was there some other announcement that most of us missed?

Sorry, it has only been about a year since he talked to me about sponsorship. The website has been up since last May. (5.10.09) to be exact. It will be a year and a half from when it was announced to the match happening. My mistake.

Tom

Tom

+1 what is that all about ?? Looks like some will just have to skip the Nats !! <_<

Looks like someone wasn't paying too much attention in the South either. The IPSC Nationals in Columbia, SC are listed as the same weekend the NC Sectional is in Raleigh, NC. Hope this just means the NC Sectional has been changed and no announcement made yet.

We put a lot of attention & time into selecting our dates. We had to pick a weekend without a home football game at the University of South Carolina (to get hotel rooms). We had to find a weekend that suited the 12 other shooting disciplines at our club. Before we set the date, we looked at the USPSA calendar of scheduled matches on-line, the BE Forum Handgun matches for 2010 thread, and the BE Forum thread for Multigun matches in 2010. We looked at NRA events, Steel Challenge events, Glock events and IDPA events. The only conflict we saw was the Missouri Fall Classic.

Where exactly is the NC Sectional match posted?

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Edited by LChico

We put a lot of attention & time into selecting our dates. We had to pick a weekend without a home football game at the University of South Carolina (to get hotel rooms). We had to find a weekend that suited the 12 other shooting disciplines at our club. Before we set the date, we looked at the USPSA calendar of scheduled matches on-line, the BE Forum Handgun matches for 2010 thread, and the BE Forum thread for Multigun matches in 2010. We looked at NRA events, Steel Challenge events, Glock events and IDPA events. The only conflict we saw was the Missouri Fall Classic.

Sounds like a lot of work leading to a major headache! Glad you all are doing this and not me! I have a hard enough time scheduling with paydays, son's BMX, wife's photography, and walking the dog...

Leam

Thanks Chuck!

Since Vegas is close I hope to make the Multi-Gun Nats and at least the Production Handgun Nats also. If I can do Open/L10 then I'll try to squeeze it in but I have a real desire to shoot Production at this year's Nationals.

Why is that Jason? :devil::sight::devil:

Tom

I'm just guessing here, but it might be partially due to the fact that the US Production Challenge you speak of is neither a USPSA nor an IPSC match. I believe it's listed on USPSA's match list as a courtsey.

Well thanks to the early announcement of the Nationals Dates (Not) I will not be attending. That week was requested by my business partner and we cannot both be gone for a week at the same time. If we had known the dates at the close of the Nats in 2009 or followed the recent pattern of sometime in September I could have gone.

Oh well, I'll shoot some other matches and go to some other matches and places I have not gone to before. At least I can put the week I had reserved bac into play for someone else and see what is left over to shoot elsewhere.

Jim