Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which division do you find the most fun?

Pro2AInPA

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot all divisions but open, by far the most fun for me is revolver,, only problem is trying to get enough revolver shooters at a match to have some competition,,, it gets old trying to compare yourself to the SS shooters when you are the only revo

yeah i'm going to say Limited 6 (revolver). it really does test your skills. I do agree with John Z Sr though, it does suck because it's usually only me shooting revolver. But I have came in 3rd and 4th overall (local matches only) and it does put a BIG smile on my face to beat some of the local "limited" shooters with a wheelie ;)

I like Single Stack, and I like being high on the leader boards beating the high cap guys B) Then again most of the competition is in Limited so after SS nats I'll be switching to limited for the rest of the year.....or that is what I say now :D

I like Single Stack, and I like being high on the leader boards beating the high cap guys B) Then again most of the competition is in Limited so after SS nats I'll be switching to limited for the rest of the year.....or that is what I say now :D

Congratulations on Master, looking forward to seeing your name in FS again.

Open for me. :cheers: Target focus eliminates my vision issues, less mag changes, loud and fast plus I enjoy finishing further up in the overalls.

Open loud???? When??? :huh:

I have yet to see an open gun louder than my Ruger Alaskan shooting .45 Colt. Oh and my bullets hit harder. :lol: . I reload and use 250gr LRNFP bullets over 5.8 to 6.0 gr of Titegroup, which runs 170 to 177 power factor.

Don't get me wrong as I enjoy watching OTHER PEOPLE shoot open, but I have no interest to shoot it myself.

Revolver division is the most fun to me. I considered changing in the first year that I shot revolver due to lack of other revolver shooters, but decided that it was just as much fun to try and beat single stack, production, and limited 10 competitors. Also I had to be "my own man" at matches because I rarely had other revolver shooters in my squad. I had to figure out how to approach stages in a way that worked best for me, as listening to the auto shooters (who generally never shot revolver in competition) did little to help.

Being able to participate in the 2009 Memphis Charity Challenge was a blast. It was the first match that I am aware of that was for revolver shooters. The fun of having 70+ revolver shooters, including 7 GM's, was a great experience. I will be going to the 2010 Memphis Charity Challenge this next November. :D

I've long considered myself a Production guy first and foremost, but I had been shooting Open for all of '09 as I needed a change of pace for a while.

This fall I took a couple months off all shooting and practicing, and just recently started pulling my Production gun out of the safe for a bit of dryfire since I plan to shoot it in '10. However, I keep catching myself making longing glances at my Open gun when the safe is open, so right now I'm feeling a little torn between two loves...

-rvb

I've long considered myself a Production guy first and foremost, but I had been shooting Open for all of '09 as I needed a change of pace for a while.

This fall I took a couple months off all shooting and practicing, and just recently started pulling my Production gun out of the safe for a bit of dryfire since I plan to shoot it in '10. However, I keep catching myself making longing glances at my Open gun when the safe is open, so right now I'm feeling a little torn between two loves...

-rvb

How many matches do you shoot each month? Maybe you could do half open half production?

Hello: I like them all :cheers: I am shooting Open right now and learning alot. I have shot Single Stack--like it. Limited --Like it. Limited 10--it's alright. Production--like it. Revolver--like it. Great now I don't know what to shoot this weekend :roflol: Thanks, Eric

Congratulations on Master, looking forward to seeing your name in FS again.

Thanks, now I'm the little fish in a small pound full of a BIG sharks :roflol:

Thanks, now I'm the little fish in a small pound full of a BIG sharks :roflol:

Stay away from the hooks and dorsal fins and you should be OK.

Limited is a blast. The competition is very heavy. If you are at or near the top of any match even local, you did something right.

For a pure adrenalin rush, nothing beats an open blaster. I still love my Limited gun though and Single Stack makes you use a sensible brain throughout the entire stage. I never liked and probably never will like the trigger control required to shoot production.....

Recently switched to Open, played in Production for while and prior to that, in Revo.

So, currently

1. Open

2. Production

3. Lim-6

And yes, switching to Open is like starting to date all over again. (Paraphrasing Aristotle's comment at this point... :lol: )