Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What was your first car?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh!....Ooh!! I need to list my first company car! It was a 1977 Ford Pinto. I used to carry a zippo type cigarette lighter with the image of a Pinto on it that when it was lit the back of the Pinto looked like it was on fire.

Ah, the good old days.........

Ooh!....Ooh!! I need to list my first company car! It was a 1977 Ford Pinto. I used to carry a zippo type cigarette lighter with the image of a Pinto on it that when it was lit the back of the Pinto looked like it was on fire.

Ah, the good old days.........

What do you mean "the good old days"? That was last year.

1984 Honda Civic Hatchback. Bought it in 87 for $400 after it got t-boned on the passenger side. Fixed it with friends. That side of the car ended with so much bondo that it always got places after the rest of the car.

Dan I had a 1973 Ford Torino that was dark green. :sick: I personally hate the color green, but it had a 351 Windsor, and only cost me $350.00. Of course a teenager with an engine that big is not a good thing, and I wrecked it in about 4 months ..... but what a great Summer that was. :rolleyes:

1975 Toyota Corolla that was handed down to me from my sister in 1990. I covered the holes in the floor with brown indoor/outdoor carpet and was good to go. What a pile! I used to strap my 17' canoe to the roof and go duck hunting and drift fishing. Thinking back, I can't believe some of the places I took that car. :surprise:

Dude, Did you remove the front seats and sit in the back? ;)

1977 Jeep Wagoneer dark green. Knew nothing about cars, the first time I went to buy oil for it the guy asked if I needed a filter since I was changing the oil. Opps I'm just adding, it must be really low.............. It didn't last much longer after that and for some reason I got enrolled into auto shop that year too.

1965 chevell SS w/ the special option 396 cu. in. engine with 425 hp, 4 speed, light yellow w/ black vinal top & interrior. They only made 201 of these & one sold last year for $249,000.00 Have had many fast ones since but still love this one most, kinda like you first love.

First car I bought was a 1965 Ford Fairlane. First oil change I put high detergent oil in it....only problem was that it had only had non-detergent oil in it up to that time. Smoked like Mt. St. Helen :roflol:

You also had to be where you were going when you turned if off. It had a heat problem that wouldn't let it start for about an hour when you did. Didn't get to stop at many places along the way. :surprise:

I was glad to see it go

dj

Edited by dajarrel

An 80-some Plymouth Horizon. Red with a 5 speed and a very very weak 4 cylinder. Dad messed up the motor in his 70 Ford pickup and bought it to drive until he got the truck fixed and then handed it down to me.

I hated that car with a passion!

1950 Desoto, paid top buck for it $25.00. If there was going to be a fog or rain at night I had to put newspaper over the engine to absorb the moisture or it wouldn't start in the morning. The first time I got it up to 70 mph, it spun a main bearing so I pulled the pan off and used emory cloth to clean up the crank shaft, put in a new main. It ran fine then dummie me I did it again went 70 spun another. I didn't have the money for another bearing so I put in a piece of an old leather belt.

I hung a for sale sign on her and a couple guys from mexico came by and bought it for $75.00. A few weeks later I was in Reynosa MX on a Saturday night having a few Tequila and the car pulled up to me they had painted it brown and white and were using it as a Taxi, go figure.

Bought a 55 Caddilac with the $75, it had Air Conditioning what a treat, didn't have that a home!

Edited by CocoBolo

1967 Pontiac GTO Hard top, 400, TH 400 trans. 8 track player with front and rear speaker.

Signet gold poly and gold interior. Paid $1300 from the original owners kid in 1983.

Still have it. the other GTO listed should have had a TH400 trans not a 350 unless it was

replaced....