Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trophy Wall(s)

CSEMARTIN

Well, ok if you're gonna twist my arm like that, then I will. :rolleyes:

This pic was all the trophies I earned in 2007. Shot 10 majors that year, and won 6 of those 10. 2 Open / 4 Limited.

ChrisKeen2007AWARDS.jpg

Edited by Chris Keen

I'm not going to post a picture of a plaque wall because I don't have one.

But I would like to share a little advice if you are at all like me and tend to like sentimental things.

Back in the hay day I won a few plaques. And, for a while there I had a nice little trophy wall built up. Then I moved and the plaques went in a box. I unpacked them, but never really hung them up. They layed around the house for bit. Then I moved again, and they stayed in the box. And moved again, and they stayed in the box. And now I'm moving again. Point is, over the years in all these moves they've seen some wear and tear. Primarily because a couple of those times I simply failed to wrap them right.

So now some of my most precious wins are plaques with scars on them. My CA state stockgun championship which I'll probably forever believe was my best win - has a nice scrape across the front. My first state championship in Alaska, pretty scarred. My Area 4 wins, area 2 wins, President's cup win, many decent placings at nationals - all of them have dents and dings. Granted they are all just wood and the memory counts the most. But I really wish I'd taken better care of them now.

So keep those trophy walls up if you're like me. Keep 'em clean and pretty. Someday when you are telling people you were once pretty good at this game you'll have nice hardware to show that it's true.

Jack

So keep those trophy walls up if you're like me. Keep 'em clean and pretty. Someday when you are telling people you were once pretty good at this game you'll have nice hardware to show that it's true.

Jack

Agreed. I am getting ready to move again myself after 7 years in this house. And I found some jumbo Ziplock bags, big enough to put a large wall plaque in. Each plaque went in a seperate bag, and then put some bubble-wrap in between each plaque in the box. (by the way Vihta Vuori boxes are pretty awesome boxes for packing away the trophies. :lol:

If you keep them at work, you don't have to take them home :cheers:

God knows if I tried to keep any shooting trophies at work I would be called "creepy" and asked to remove them.... stupid government jobs...

Mine all look like money and I keep them in a remote location.

Think I outgrew the me wall as we used to call them, now all the military and shooting stuff resides in a box (carefully packed I might add).

This is my trophy room. All are 1st place except for 2 2nd overall. Most are PPC, some are Bullseye, Bianchi, Metallic Silhouette, and IDPA.

All were won with some sort of S&W revolver.

post-10360-1243392431_thumb.jpg post-10360-1243392424_thumb.jpg post-10360-1243392452_thumb.jpg post-10360-1243392436_thumb.jpg

My girlfriend, Tracy (thock) is starting her own trophy case. She is doing really well. I'm very proud of her.

post-10360-1243392457_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toolguy

Here's Mine :goof:

You need to get to work Matt! We all know you probably have boxes and boxes full of them, and you're probably trying to figure out where to put them all.

ETA: By the way, your new camera takes beautiful pictures. :roflol:

Edited by CSEMARTIN

Matt, your wall looks a LOT like mine. LOL Actually I do have ONE award, High Unclassified Open Shooter from the 2005 Area 3 match. I about died laughing when I found out they actually had enough unclassified Open shooters to have an award. And I did it with a single stack Open gun in .45 ACP because that is all I had to shoot. :roflol: That year was fun if you ignore the rain, the heat and the sunburns. It gave me a chance to shoot with a lot of great people.

Joe W.

You need to get to work Matt! We all know you probably have boxes and boxes full of them, and you're probably trying to figure out where to put them all.

ETA: By the way, your new camera takes beautiful pictures. :roflol:

Nice trophies!

You got the drill from Double tap, right?? :roflol:

I think the pics of the drill and the screw were subliminal messaging. He was photographing the tools needed for mat to start building a house big enough to hold all his trophies.

I would take a picture of my trophy wall, but I don't think my wife would like me nailing her to the wall for a photo, she is by far my greatest accomplishment in life.

I would take a picture of my trophy wall, but I don't think my wife would like me nailing her to the wall for a photo, she is by far my greatest accomplishment in life.

You gotta love a guy who knows when and who to suck up to. You are just hoping like hell she reads this post. :P You do have a good one bro......hold on tight. :bow::wub: I think we both married out of our league. :cheers:

AL

Edited by IronEqualizer

Matt your wall looks like mine my, my wife will not let me have a wall of fame, all I get is just this little 3x6 place to sleep. :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

3x6....how do you get your legs in there?

In most supervisor and manager's offices, this is known as the "scare wall". Had one boss who framed every one of the certificates he ever received. Not nearly as effective as he thought it was.