Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Waiting List...

ironb

Hmmm...I'm up tp #260...

Im at 290.

A question of curiosity.....Are international shooters taking perference over US shooters on the wait list?

Bill

Nope. The waitlist is just that: first come, first served.

Troy

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess they have started taking folks from the waitlist!

I just got an email telling me that a spot opened up; and I signed up. :)

Well, considering you're number 2. :rolleyes:

That makes you official. :cheers: Good luck! Shooting DL this weekend?

Hehe...you're number 2...hehehe

Hmmm...I'm up tp #260...

Im at 290.

A question of curiosity.....Are international shooters taking perference over US shooters on the wait list?

Bill

Nope. The waitlist is just that: first come, first served.

Troy

Don’t get me wrong I love shooting with and meeting international shooters. I have shot 1990 Australia and 2008 Bali world shoots. Yes…. I was begging for a slot then too. I love to shoot other international matches when I can and allowed.

With slots so hard to get to US Nationals and since many of us US shooters don’t have opportunities to earn slots but would shoot if slots were available.

Would my thought process be flawed if I suggested that only slots NOT wanted by US shooters go to international shooters regardless of who and status?

Bill

FYI from the Nationals webpage:

Wait List slots

We have released a very few slots to the wait list, partially as a test and partially because they weren't deadline dependent. We don't expect to release very many more if any until the deadline passes and we can take a full accounting of how many slots there are to put on offer. So unless you are very, very high up on the wait list, sit back and relax this holiday weekend and visualize success at the Nationals. The slot deadline is end of business May 26th, and we will be working diligently to process slots received and arrive at the point where a bulk wait list invitation can be made as soon as possible.

This weekend, make sure you take time to think about the men and women who paid the ultimate sacrifice for their country and for your freedom. Happy Memorial Day!

Posted to '09 Nationals ¤ May 22, 2009|

Would my thought process be flawed if I suggested that only slots NOT wanted by US shooters go to international shooters regardless of who and status?

Bill

Yes.

Should a D class L10 shooter get a slot in front of Eric G or Saul K just cause they do not live here? It would only hurt the competition. Plus it is a slippery slope, every year Area II is over booked should we keep you Area I folks out so we can shoot OUR area championship?

I wonder how many people ended up on the waiting list for both nationals?

Curious due to the economy and the location if the numbers are about the same or if there was a decrese due to the economy or perhaps an increase due to the location this year. Man, talk about your run on sentences.....

Steve:

I got on for both (waitlist). We should talk maybe in Fairbault if you are shooting both.

Dave Kralovetz

TY56256

Got into the L10! :cheers:

Er, the classification page just made everything related to the waitlist and slot offer disappear, but didn't put up anything confirming that I paid and have the slot. What do you all see? :unsure:

Edited by kevin c

Got into the L10! :cheers:

Er, the classification page just made everything related to the waitlist and slot offer disappear, but didn't put up anything confirming that I paid and have the slot. What do you all see? :unsure:

I see the same thing....... they state "Waitlist payment processed for TY#####

Please verify this by visiting your classification record at www.uspsa.org."

=================================================

I may make phone call before deadline to make sure all it right unless my class page reflects a payment of $250 made soon.

BB

Edited by BlackBuzzard