Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun Lube

nen

I read about a gun lube called microlon gun juice recently. They claim it can increase accuracy and velocity in handguns and rifles if added properly to the barrel. Also for use on all moving parts of the firearm. It is a non dry film lubricant that does not attract dust and dirt. Would it work on the outside of mags as well, allowing them to release better? Does anyone have any experience, positive or negative, with this product? It has been around for some time, so I would think that if it is so good, everybody would be talking about it...

nen

Welcome to the forum. What you will find here is an almost unimaginable source of info on all topics gun and shooting related. Gleen all you can from the forum.

IMO, nothing you can put into the bbl adds velocity while at the same time does not attract dirt, dust. Barnes coats some of their bullets with a blueMDS coating and it does increase velocity some, but there are conflicting reports on what it does to accuracy and coating the inside of the bbl. If you want to coat you mags with something, try plating them with hardchrome,NP3, or enickle.

Like my mom told me, if it looks too good to be true, it usually is.

BE's lube (Slide Glide) is the only "Miracle" lube I've tried that has actually been a life changing experience. Everything else is just overpriced oil as far as I'm concerned.

Save your dough and send some to Brian when you're ready for some Slide Glide.

Might as well chime in too. FP10 is all I use anymore. Great stuff and very consistant. You can use it all year long (hot, cold, whatever).

I bought what very well may be a life time supply at the 2002 Tri State Championship. The FP10 guy was there, nice guy and great prices.

Never tried Microlon.

Slide glide is good stuff.

Militec and Kellube M12 are also good stuff.

If any of those friction reducing, fouling eliminating, heat repelling wonder barrel dressings work as advertised, someone needs to let me know.

Travis F.

• 3 weeks later...

Aftec (the same guys that make extractors) makes a lubricant. It's a blue paste that makes the gun run extremely smooth. Some of the pros have stated that it will make the gun shooter softer, without slowing the gun down at all.

Give it a try.

Rich

Tried most of those, all pretty good. I use Slide Glide now, it's great. B)

No experience with Aftec or Microlon.

No luck with Tetra Gun lube, nor with any moly or teflon-based lube. :angry:

To speed up a sluggish slide, try FP10 or Break-Free CLP. Keep a small bottle in your range bag, for sure.

dvc - eric - a28026

Glad to see that I'm not the only one that makes their own blend. I blend just about anything I can get my hands on into a rem-oil bottle. The stuff is so slick that if I put some on my fingers before I load my mags, I can hardly get the rounds into the mag they are so slick. I've also taken a good pound off a friends Steyer trigger by putting it on there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have heard a lot of people mention the Mobil 1. One poster here, recommended M1 20W50. What about other weights? How about a synthetic 0W20?

I am asking because I am not very knowledgeable about motor oil viscosities. I am looking for a lube that will not thicken in cold weather. I have been using slide glide and I love it. However, my pistol will not cycle with it in cold weather (20 - 30 degrees F). BE recommended cutting it with synthetic oil, which I have done, but the slide is still sluggish in the cold. So, I am looking at the motor oils. I thought about 20W50. I also went to the parts store to look at the Mobil 1 products. I picked up some 0W20. Is that going to be too thin? Any feedback would be appreciated.