Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mounting a Tactical Sling on JP want QD

nipplehead

Hey guys looking to mount a tactical sling on a JP rifle with the Ace Skelitized stock . I would like a quick disconnect swiveling setup. Does anyone make something that will connect to the existing mounts on the hand guard/? I did not find anything on the JP site other than the Viking sling...no mounts

What would be the best way to go?

Hey guys looking to mount a tactical sling on a JP rifle with the Ace Skelitized stock . I would like a quick disconnect swiveling setup. Does anyone make something that will connect to the existing mounts on the hand guard/? I did not find anything on the JP site other than the Viking sling...no mounts

Mount a section of rail on the handguard and then attach one of these.

I'm not sure how to mount the other end to the Ace stock though.

I went through this last week.... and didn't come up with an answer. I wanted to get Push Button QD's for my rifle, but didn't come up with a way of attaching one to the ACE stock. The FF end is easy, lots of choices. The stock end I didn't come up with an answer, so I just put the older style QD studs on it.

Mount a section of rail on the handguard and then attach one of these.

I'm not sure how to mount the other end to the Ace stock though.

I wonder if something like this would work for putting it on the stock. It looks like it attaches to the extension tube in that picture so I'm not sure if it would fit on the top bar of the Ace stock.

Here's a couple others that seem to be about the same thing; here and here

I thought I remember seeing one that replaced the receiver end plate but can't find it.

I drilled and tapped a hole in the butt of my Ace Skeleton stock and installed and locktited one of the swivel attachments that came with the stock there, instead of at the front of the stock where it came drilled from the factory. There seems to be plenty of material there to hold it. I then attached an Uncle Mikes QD swivel. I also have an attachment that came with one of my Tacticool slings that consists of a double loop of parachute cord threaded through a nylon sling fitting (swivel). You remove the rubber recoil pad from the stock, loop the cord around the aluminum piece, and then reattach the recoil pad. Works slick. Someone must make one of these you can buy without the sling.

• 5 years later...

Absolutely! My friend Kasey Beltz of B&T industries created a method to attach his monopod on the ACE stock. He added QD sling attachments to fix the sling mounting solution too. Great product all around and it solves the problem beautifully.

http://www.accu-shot.com/images/BT51-install-lg.jpg

http://www.accu-shot.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=131

Once you get the stock figured out, I highly suggest the Blue Force Gear slings. I really like their 2-2-1 sling if you have a QD mount near where the buttstock meets the receiver. If you're strictly looking for a two point, they have the best adjustable option for that too. Both the two point and 2-2-1 allow you to use the quick adjust tab feature as a loop sling for support in different shooting positions.

I didn't like the sling located to the top or bottom of the Ace Skeleton stock, so I just drilled and tapped 10-32 holes in the side of the aluminum butt portion to match a Samson (?) two screw keymod QD mount.

This looks like the one I used, but no guarantee since it was laying in a box of unused parts under my bench.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/922501/samson-quick-detach-swivel-sling-mount-for-evolution-series-free-float-handguard-ar-15-aluminum-black?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Ace is threaded 10-32 on the front block. Get Uncle Mikes 593-101-100 from Brownells. Or, if you have the swivels, Brownells sells a bulk pack of the sockets only. Spend a bit of time in the fasteners aisle of the hardware store and find a 1/2" or 3/4" long screw. I had some in my part bins so flattened the head and tapered the underside to match the inside shape of the socket. Ground a bit off the swivel too. A little messing around and it works out fine. Clean and simple with no extra mounts hanging off the gun.

Absolutely! My friend Kasey Beltz of B&T industries created a method to attach his monopod on the ACE stock. He added QD sling attachments to fix the sling mounting solution too. Great product all around and it solves the problem beautifully.

http://www.accu-shot.com/images/BT51-install-lg.jpg

http://www.accu-shot.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=131

Thats pretty bad ass!

• 2 weeks later...

i don't want anything hanging on the stock to catch stuff when mounting the gun. i like the AP custom QD mount for the handguard, so i bought another. remove the rubber butt pad, drilled and tapped the rear of the stock. red loctite so it ain't going anywhere. mounted on the inside of the stock it's hidden until you need it. easy and very slick way to deal with it.

post-2786-0-78936000-1424997769_thumb.jp

post-2786-0-37617900-1424997778_thumb.jp

I use a vtac sling as purchased from laRue. I connect it to the Jp qd on the hand guard and for the stock connection i use an hk hook which I clip to the upper strap loop that comes with the stock.

i don't want anything hanging on the stock to catch stuff when mounting the gun. i like the AP custom QD mount for the handguard, so i bought another. remove the rubber butt pad, drilled and tapped the rear of the stock. red loctite so it ain't going anywhere. mounted on the inside of the stock it's hidden until you need it. easy and very slick way to deal with it.

Do you have any problem with the qd mount rotating since it it only has one screw? Mounting a qd mount in this location makes the most sense to me