Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 4 Glock? Is this for real?

ajg308

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Glocks pretty well. I would buy one of the new ones, but not to replace anything I have. I just bought an HK P2000 in .40 last week and it satisfied my longing for another type of plastic gun for a while. My G22 and G27 suit me quite well. Both are Gen III.

M&P. Better trigger, better ergonomics, similar price, and the market share Glock has enjoyed is shrinking because of the M&P. When it shrinks enough they will do something meaningful to change the guns, until then a cosmetic fluff up will be all you can expect.

ok the M&P is good, and many folks like it. but i don't see how you can say "better". while the M&P feels good i like the glock better. while the facory triggers are about the same, to me a little polishing and the glocks better to me.

+1

I also polish the internals on my Glock and with the wealth of aftermarket parts, I can do my own trigger job. Off topic I suppose but I wonder how hard it would be to do a trigger job in a M&P?

M&P. Better trigger, better ergonomics, similar price, and the market share Glock has enjoyed is shrinking because of the M&P. When it shrinks enough they will do something meaningful to change the guns, until then a cosmetic fluff up will be all you can expect.

ok the M&P is good, and many folks like it. but i don't see how you can say "better". while the M&P feels good i like the glock better. while the facory triggers are about the same, to me a little polishing and the glocks better to me.

+1

I also polish the internals on my Glock and with the wealth of aftermarket parts, I can do my own trigger job. Off topic I suppose but I wonder how hard it would be to do a trigger job in a M&P?

You go to Dan Burwell's web site and get the pdf file on how to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

It is funny to see moaning over the loss of old-school asthetics in a stinking Glock, which (while clearly a good design) is perhaps the ugliest pistol since the Borchardt.

I handled a Gen 4 G21 yesterday. Still too big for my hands.

Well my wife has taken up shooting and has settled on the glock. But she is a left handed and wants an ambi mag release. Does anyone do a conversion of any type to install an ambi?

The 21SF is available with an ambi mag release, but can't remember if others are.

I was hoping Glock would get rid of the front strap finger grooves. They of all mods made to late model Glocks are the most troublesome. Oh well, for any future Glock purchases I guess I'll just have to grind them down and retexture like I've done on my current 35.

• 3 weeks later...

It was a G22, the store was crazy busy so I didn't get to handle it, but the new texture on the frame looks like it'd be slicker with sweaty hands than the current texture is. Cocking serrations were cool looking, kind of reminiscent of STI "Sabertooth" serrations. I would have liked to see front serrations too, but it was not to be. If they've still got it on Monday I'll take a closer look.

I bought one the first week of January and have been using the frame in production. I switched top ends and use my 34 top end on the RTF frame and really like it. I had a stippled frame on the 34 but wanted a frame that was legal in IDPA and USPSA so I picked one up to try out. Plus I needed a 40 cal breech face slide to use a 357 sig barrel in to take advantage of tons of free ammo I get.

I really like the RTF frame. Its much more durable than it looks in pics.

They are very nice. It is only offered in the G22 per the Glock rep but will be offered later this year in all models.

srt205

I saw one on Shooting USA, but they never mentioned generation 4???

Edited by cnote

OK....I might have been misunderstood here. This is what I did. I bought the G22 RTF and put my G34 top end on it. I use that in Production.

The other info about the 357sig barrel did not pertain to me using it in Production. I use that gun for training which is now the G22 top end on the frame that was on my G34 production gun.

I made a new thread in the rules sub forum as to not highjack this thread any further

Edited by 00bullitt