Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 4 Glock? Is this for real?

ajg308

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M&P. Better trigger, better ergonomics, similar price, and the market share Glock has enjoyed is shrinking because of the M&P. When it shrinks enough they will do something meaningful to change the guns, until then a cosmetic fluff up will be all you can expect.

M&P. Better trigger, better ergonomics, similar price, and the market share Glock has enjoyed is shrinking because of the M&P. When it shrinks enough they will do something meaningful to change the guns, until then a cosmetic fluff up will be all you can expect.

I agree, my next plastic fantastic will be an M&P.

They had the best plastic gun, well, IMHO, the best handgun period. Then they have to go a mess it up! But, I haven't seen one in person yet, so I'll have to withhold final judgement.

Oh, the M&P is nice, and if there were no Glocks I'd really think about getting one. But, there ARE Glocks, and I really don't need a sub-standard gun! :sight:

Edited by jobob

I'm pleased that Glock is starting to change some things around to suit the needs of more people. Realistically though the ambi mag release is the only big improvement, as grip tape/stippling replace the vast majority of factory finishes.

My brother-in-law is an LEO outside of Atlanta and he got to fiddle with one where they're made (Smyrna, I think?). He really liked it. He told me about the serrations on the back of the slide, but I was expecting to see them facing the other way.

He also said it will debut at the Shot Show in Orlando this week.

I agree, my next plastic fantastic will be an M&P.

Then after you get it you need to send it to Dan Burwell immediatly and get a competition trigger job done. It's only $65 but he takes it down to around 3 pounds. Then get a stippled backstrap and/or frontstrap and you'll have the best production gun possible.

The new mags should fit previous models, but the old mags may not fit the new model with ambi mag release. I guess it would depend which side you had the release on though I'm not sure. This is all a guess though I don't know for sure...