Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sti grip

sauza45

I grind, stipple and undercut grips with my own idea of what is perfect and they fit so much better it isn't funny. Everyone that has normal or smaller hands that has grabbed one has really liked my grind. People with larger than normal hands it doesn't work so well for, too much reduction. I had Bart stipple a couple red ones for me and put them on my Open and Limited guns, with his superb stippling and my grind I couldn't ask for a better fit or function!!

Shanahan does a great job, the best painted grips I have seen. Roupe makes a grip that looks fantastic and works great, Brazos stippled grips and Bedell stippled grips are really nice too. There are probably at least a couple more premium quality grips out there that are really well done, and then the sandpaper finished grips are the hot ticket for some people as well.

I think the bottom line is to try to get your hands on a couple different ones and pick the one that you like best, any of them are far better than a stock grip.

I am using a Shanahan grip and really like the stippling he has done on it. It has the best grip of the painted ones I have seen. It is also double cut nicely. I have undercut all my grips and really like this feature. Even on my airsoft guns! :P

I read about g-manbart grips and they look great and was wanting to try a stipple grip and undercut.

The aftec grip from derek looks good but I might try one myself, just not sure yet. I shoot a brazos sc limited

I got in oct. I was thinking about a red grip.

Edited by sauza45

I liked the perma-grip Chuck at Shooters Connection sold at one time.

Thinned and Strong Hand undercut with Aluminum oxide epoxied

into the grip. Kinda like a Scott grip except with an undercut.

Latest gun is from Derek and has his Aftec Grip which I really like too.

I have a smaller hand and really like the thinned, undercut, and

grippy surface.

Don't get too carried away with the undercutting and thinning and ruin

the grip though.

Edited by racegun9

I have stippled, undercut and reduced several of them. Currently I'm using a stock sti grip with a heavy undercut and the corners knocked down. I'm considering really cutting the heck of out another one to make it perfect to my hand.

• 2 weeks later...