Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revo ONLY match

hopalong

Papaw,

Welcome to the forum! By all means, come shoot the match if you can. This should be a good match to meet plenty of revo shooters and learn about the sport. Just take your time, shoot safe, and get good hits. The 625 is the way to go for USPSA shooting, and you can find out all about the gear on here. Plenty of us will have extra gear, so if you need something, just let us know.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dave, better save two seats for me at dinner......Sam Carmoney is coming out of (teenager) retirement and will be flying to Memphis with me to shoot the Challenge! :)

Fantastic, has he been saving up for a new Frame from Cliff?

With Sam and Nemo we're at 18, hope more can make it!

Looks like Hop A Long is going to break 50 at least!

Hey guys and gals, just joined. This is my first post. I found out about this match from this forum board. I am 54 years young and a law enforcement officer. I have been shooting for years, but not in any formal match such as this. My only experiences have been at local matches. I have never joined any of the national organizations until now. I just sent off for my USPSA membership this week. I would very much like to shoot this match if work and family allow. I only live 80 miles from the match. I would not be classifed before the match. Would that be a problem?

I have a S & W 625 model of 1989 with only about a 100 rounds fired through it. I have had this gun since they were first produced. Also I have a Safariland 002 holster. I also have two S & W 686 in 4" and 6" in 357 magnum, but I think you have to shoot either major or minor power factor, is that right?

Just would like to hear from you and any thoughts you have on shooting this big of a match for the first time. Also would welcome comments from anyone who thinks this is not the match to get my "feet wet".

Thanks,

Papaw

Any match is a good match to get your feet wet, and this one looks to be one of the better ones. Not only that, it is all wheel-gunners except for one odd-ball/pervert/ weirdo that is shooting Production. He obviously has not seen the light! All kidding aside, come on down. Like others said if there is anything you need just put it one here, someone will have extras. My extras are already committed but I know some guys who can't make it and I might can borrow some of theirs. Just let us know and show up. Welcome aboard.

Bwana Six-Gun

Dave, better save two seats for me at dinner......Sam Carmoney is coming out of (teenager) retirement and will be flying to Memphis with me to shoot the Challenge! :)

Is it not enough that an old man like me has to get whipped by some other old coots, but now you have to bring in the teen-agers? Oh, the agony of it all!

Cliff, he's your wing-man. You owe me an extra beer.

His Name is Farley Colins - North Salt Lake Welding, and I believe he was going to your match.

I'll pm his number to you, and forward your message to him as well.

otherwise google or pm me.

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know if the guy who builds the polish plate racks is coming to the match? My local club might be interested in purchasing one if he's coming and could bring it to the match. Probably not an option, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Ok, I just got through having a telepathic conversation(Out of Body Experience :surprise: )with the PPR. guy and he has got another Challange: For every order recieved for a Polish Plate Rack @ the MCC. he will donate $100.00 to St. Jude's. As far as bring one with he says he might as well buy the plane cause the extra baggage charge would be killer!..............Sixinch :cheers:

His Name is Farley Colins - North Salt Lake Welding, and I believe he was going to your match.

I'll pm his number to you, and forward your message to him as well.

otherwise google or pm me.

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know if the guy who builds the polish plate racks is coming to the match? My local club might be interested in purchasing one if he's coming and could bring it to the match. Probably not an option, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Ok, I just got through having a telepathic conversation(Out of Body Experience :surprise: )with the PPR. guy and he has got another Challange: For every order recieved for a Polish Plate Rack @ the MCC. he will donate $100.00 to St. Jude's. As far as bring one with he says he might as well buy the plane cause the extra baggage charge would be killer!..............Sixinch :cheers:

One more thing. The retail price of the PPR is $1150.00, Match Price is $950.00

Hello all.

Concerning the big Corky's dinner. I spoke with Sam "Hopalong" Keen at the suggestion of Bill Grewe about this. The consensus is that the gathering may soon exceed the capacity of the establishment. Sam is currently working a job where internet access is hard to come by so he asked me to pass this along.

There will be early registration at the match hotel that Friday evening in one of the banquet rooms. What about booking another banquet room and having Corky's food brought in? Sort of a big eat, meet and greet all at the same spot.

Just a thought, anybody interested?

Sounds like a Grudge Match coming down!

When I called Corkys they said they could handle 20+, but I've no first hand knowledge. Looks like we're at 22 for Corkys now.

I'd be in for a catered thing, but I'm not going to arrange that from here.

How about someone local putting it together and letting us know how much each would pay?

Probably make it large enough for all competitors.

How about some Silver Bullets for our National Champion!

It would simplify things for my group as we will be coming in about 6-7pm from Kansas.

Dave

Edited by pskys2

Hello all.

Concerning the big Corky's dinner. I spoke with Sam "Hopalong" Keen at the suggestion of Bill Grewe about this. The consensus is that the gathering may soon exceed the capacity of the establishment. Sam is currently working a job where internet access is hard to come by so he asked me to pass this along.

There will be early registration at the match hotel that Friday evening in one of the banquet rooms. What about booking another banquet room and having Corky's food brought in? Sort of a big eat, meet and greet all at the same spot.

Just a thought, anybody interested?

Sounds like a great Idea, count us in for Four either way.

How about some Silver Bullets for our National Champion!

Dave

That should only cost each shooter $28.

Dave for President.....

Edited by cliffwalsh

For anyone still needing a push to this match, I just heard from Julie and this match qualifies for the Crossover Commotion drawing at S&W...not that anyone here was waiting :ph34r:

Jerry

For anyone still needing a push to this match, I just heard from Julie and this match qualifies for the Crossover Commotion drawing at S&W...not that anyone here was waiting :ph34r:

Jerry

Nice, is Julie going to make it?

And we're at 27 for Friday Night Dinner!

BTW is Scouten or Bane going to show up and record us for posterity. At least Cliff, our new NATIONAL Revolver CHAMPION!, would make good copy!

Edited by pskys2