Revo ONLY match

hopalong

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now that I have finished counting all the money I won from Cliff in Ohio, I can easily afford for Sue and I to attend, so put down 2 more for dinner. Looking forward to seeing everybody in a few weeks.

Steve and Sue

Now that I have finished counting all the money I won from Cliff in Ohio, I can easily afford for Sue and I to attend, so put down 2 more for dinner. Looking forward to seeing everybody in a few weeks.

Steve and Sue

That should be four Ladies signed up to shoot. Some of you guys get your wives and/or girlfriends to sign up, whichever one is coming with you. ;)

That should be four Ladies signed up to shoot. Some of you guys get your wives and/or girlfriends to sign up, whichever one is coming with you. ;)

I'm bringing Mike...

How about we make it Corky's Ribs & BBQ

1740 N. Germantown Pkwy

Cordova, TN 38016

Location of Business: East (Bartlett, Germantown, Lakeland and Collierville areas) 901-737-1988

Fax: 901-737-1850

www.corkysbbq.com

http://www.memphistravel.com/restaurants/d...lt.aspx?id=1216

Looks like it's not far from the Match Hotel and/or the Range.

How many think they may make it? Say Friday Night about 7pm.

They'll take reservations and can handle 20+.

I've got 4 from Kansas...

Dave

Count me in.

B)

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know if the guy who builds the polish plate racks is coming to the match? My local club might be interested in purchasing one if he's coming and could bring it to the match. Probably not an option, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

His Name is Farley Colins - North Salt Lake Welding, and I believe he was going to your match.

I'll pm his number to you, and forward your message to him as well.

otherwise google or pm me.

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know if the guy who builds the polish plate racks is coming to the match? My local club might be interested in purchasing one if he's coming and could bring it to the match. Probably not an option, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Edited by Tim Egan

What is a polish plate rack? Does anyone have a picture or a description of how it works?

For those of you that have not had the opportunity to experience the polish plate rack there is a short video on You tube, use Polish plate rack for your search criteria. Farley Collins the evil wizard who designed the P.P.R. will be at the match shooting a revolver for his first time in a USPSA match. I have heard buy him a few Brewskis he will divulge the best way to "shoot the rack". :cheers: We will be arriving Thursday afternoon and will be staying at the Holiday Express just a few blocks from the Match Hotel.

Edited by 357454

What is a polish plate rack? Does anyone have a picture or a description of how it works?

For those of you that have not had the opportunity to experience the polish plate rack there is a short video on You tube, use Polish plate rack for your search criteria. Farley Collins the evil wizard who designed the P.P.R. will be at the match shooting a revolver for his first time in a USPSA match. I have heard buy him a few Brewskis he will divulge the best way to "shoot the rack". :cheers: We will be arriving Thursday afternoon and will be staying at the Holiday Express just a few blocks from the Match Hotel.

Bring him to Corkys Friday Night at 7pm, we all want to hear! Directions are in a previous post on this topic.

Those youtube videos are of me shooting the polish plate rack during testing,

that I sent to John Amidon for approval as a legal target.

ppr1 was with a pimped up open glock shot slowly, but the weights were on it.

ppr2 was with trubor and an effort to go slower.

I've seen c class production shooters clear it slowly without the weights falling

off until after they've cleared it. I've seen masters clear it quickly and it not move

as well... One of the keys is to take 8 shots and 8 hits. Miss and it starts moving.

Three or four ways of shooting it.

Shot a match a couple weeks ago where it was propped up, one weight off,

and activated by a falling popper, so it was moving by the time you got there.

Just DONT MISS!!

Dave, better save two seats for me at dinner......Sam Carmoney is coming out of (teenager) retirement and will be flying to Memphis with me to shoot the Challenge! :)

I bet Cliff is glad to have his wing man back in the game.

Hey guys and gals, just joined. This is my first post. I found out about this match from this forum board. I am 54 years young and a law enforcement officer. I have been shooting for years, but not in any formal match such as this. My only experiences have been at local matches. I have never joined any of the national organizations until now. I just sent off for my USPSA membership this week. I would very much like to shoot this match if work and family allow. I only live 80 miles from the match. I would not be classifed before the match. Would that be a problem?

I have a S & W 625 model of 1989 with only about a 100 rounds fired through it. I have had this gun since they were first produced. Also I have a Safariland 002 holster. I also have two S & W 686 in 4" and 6" in 357 magnum, but I think you have to shoot either major or minor power factor, is that right?

Just would like to hear from you and any thoughts you have on shooting this big of a match for the first time. Also would welcome comments from anyone who thinks this is not the match to get my "feet wet".

Thanks,

Papaw

Hey guys and gals, just joined. This is my first post. I found out about this match from this forum board. I am 54 years young and a law enforcement officer. I have been shooting for years, but not in any formal match such as this. My only experiences have been at local matches. I have never joined any of the national organizations until now. I just sent off for my USPSA membership this week. I would very much like to shoot this match if work and family allow. I only live 80 miles from the match. I would not be classifed before the match. Would that be a problem?

I have a S & W 625 model of 1989 with only about a 100 rounds fired through it. I have had this gun since they were first produced. Also I have a Safariland 002 holster. I also have two S & W 686 in 4" and 6" in 357 magnum, but I think you have to shoot either major or minor power factor, is that right?

Just would like to hear from you and any thoughts you have on shooting this big of a match for the first time. Also would welcome comments from anyone who thinks this is not the match to get my "feet wet".

Thanks,

Papaw

This is where you want to start!

Load up or buy enough RN ammo for the match. Post on here what else you need (moon clips and holders ect.) Some one will have what you need, for sale or to borrow. You don't want to miss this match!

See you there.