Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises Rocky Mountain 3-Gun 2009

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great match. A lot of work doing setup and RO, but worth it.. Congrats to the winners.. Results should be up soon. Thanks Denise and JJ for a great week! I know Don B. won Open division, Robbie and Daniel won theirs respectively and I believe Tate and Pat Kelley took the He-man titles. Sorry if I messed that up.

The person in the picture took second in Tac Optic. Nobody ever saw his face and he left before anyone could identify him..

Thanks everyone for a great match!

M

Whoisthis.bmp

Great match. A lot of work doing setup and RO, but worth it.. Congrats to the winners.. Results should be up soon. Thanks Denise and JJ for a great week! I know Don B. won Open division, Robbie and Daniel won theirs respectively and I believe Tate and Pat Kelley took the He-man titles. Sorry if I messed that up.

The person in the picture took second in Tac Optic. Nobody ever saw his face and he left before anyone could identify him..

Thanks everyone for a great match!

M

I know that guy, thats whats his name. I met him some place once, but I'm not sure he was there.------Larry

This was definitely a good time. The people and the match were great. We worked our butts off, but had a lot of fun. Thanks to all the competitors that helped us set on stage 2!

Thanks again to Denise, JJ and all the other ROs and I'll see you again next year. Also, thanks to the Wongs for the great food!

And I think I saw that beeradillo attack. I heard that the guy (never did catch his name) got away.

Sean

And I think I saw that beeradillo attack. I heard that the guy (never did catch his name) got away.

Sean

Something tried to attack Round Eye (Eddie) on Stage 8, at first I thought it was a dillo but when the .25 Raven came out, it ran away. In gratitude, Eddie is shooting .25 ACP next year. He is looking for .25 ACP dies if anyone can loan him some.

Just got home!

Wanted to say thank-you to everyone! We had an amazing group of RO's, superior rangemasters and a great stats team.

Roger had a long drive, but will be working on getting results posted. I'll try to update you tomorrow with what I know, but wanted to agree with the comment about generosity!

On top of the great outpouring of love for James, Rocky Mountain Shooters gave over $800 for the Wounded Warrior Project and over $3600 to be split between the MGM/AMU Junior Camp and Whittington's Junior Adventure Camp! I am always amazed by how generous 3-Gun shooters are!

And oh yeah! The sponsors! What incredible generosity from all of them! Special thanks to our match sponsor JP Enterprises, who were exceedingly generous in product and spirit!

Again, I'm so thankful we live in a place where we can come together, spend time and have fun shooting!

You are all the best!

I need to go get things out of my car and try to get the 6 inches of dirt off everything!

JJ and I just wanted to thank-you all for your kind words and all around amazingness! Thanks for our plaque, too!!!

:wub: (They didn't have a crying emoticon! :roflol: )

Denise and JJ

Denise, JJ, and all my friends both old and new;

thanks for making me feel welcome, and thanks RO's and sponsors for all your work and support.

this was my first big 3-gun match, and Im hooked. Ill be back and I will try to bring along another local pistol shooter or two.

Mad props to JP, POF, Tactical machining, Techwear, MGM targets, Sabre, Brownells, the NRA, and for Triangle for helping to hook up James with some good equipment.

I also saw an example of generosity that had me in tears. What a true champion Robby is.

Scout and I just got home, and I want to thank all the RO's, especially the Oklahomo's :roflol:

there were a lot of NEW ro's but the level of professionalism and courtesy has always been there and it was good to see so many fresh new faces.

I think next year an optic will be better suited for the match than Irons sights, though. :mellow:

it seemed that many people were not having as much fun with their match as they would have liked, but thats normal I know I shot like crap and was only happy with one stage.

The wind and the distances for the rifle made for some pretty tough targets, as well as the light conditions with shadows. It was nice to see some intermediate distances used on some targets (100 - 200) it allowed several in my squad to try offhand shots instead of going to some sort of rest, this is a good test of practical riflery and one I hope to see more of in the future. also seeing positions other than prone was good as well, although there was a lot of prone, and some of it in very silty dirt, which made for interesting designs on your clothes when you got up :roflol: and had one competitor using a condom to keep dirt out of his muzzle. ( he wasn't going to be using it for its intended purpose anyway) :roflol:

It was evident that iron sights was not the thing to bring to this years match, although the MD (Denise) does seem concerned about getting more iron sight shooters to the match, as she shared this info with me. I hope so because it seems that Iron sighted shooters are getting fewer and fewer, and that would not be a good thing.

The Sponsors, RM3G, and the NRA, have done a great job in promoting this sport.

Thank you,......................Trapr

One hell of a good time. Raton had a very high concentration of awesome people this weekend. The stages were awesome, my shooting was not. Still had a absolute blast. I'll definitely be back.

Oh, Denise, thanks for keeping quiet about my little parking problem. <_<

Wow!

Denise, JJ, RO's, and the Marines...thank you so much for all the hard work and frustrations you put up with so we can have fun. How awesome is it that the President of the NRA showed up to our little crazy function :surprise:

JP, Triangle, Firebird, ESP, Larue, MGM, Techwear, Sabre, Nordic, Magpul, and way too many sponsors to list....we as shooters cannot express enough appreciation to you for your support of this sport. :D

Congrats to Daniel, Robby, Tate, Don, and Pat. Class acts all the way around. :bow:

Had a pretty rough match...either I was getting my ass kicked or was busy kicking my own ass pretty much every stage. Even though the match didn't turn out so well for me I can't think of anywhere I would have rather been this last week.

Not because of the great scenery or getting to shoot a great match, but because of the people. The last two times I have been to this match I have been absolutely humbled by the genuine goodness of the people in this sport. My hat goes off to them, thank you. :cheers:

Take care, Craig

For those of you who havent been there (like me!), the Whittington Center is BIG. Let me clarify that a bit for some of you...

me: "excuxse me, about how far is the next stage?"

R.O.: "Okay, you see that mountain over there?"

me: "yes..."

R.O.: "Good, now go two mountain past it and turn left."

me: :surprise:

Pretty damn good match, I highly reccomend attending it in the future. I know I will be back. After watching her run around for 3 days I'm quite sure Denise has RedBull in her veins, she never slows down!

High points: challenging stages that I'll bet you could not get the chance to shoot just about anywhere else in the US, getting to put more faces to names from here on the forum, great scenery, wildlife everywhere, new ideas for stages here at home, being pushed further that I ever have in a 3-gun match, and a great squad of people (squad 2!!!)

low points: did I mention that I live at sea level and this thing is at about 7000ft elevation..?! (pant, gasp, wheeze..., pass out...)

The prize table was plenty thick for all divisions and Denise and JJ did a helluva job with the sponsors, and a BIG SHOUT OUT TO THOSE SPONSORS, especially in these trying economic times. How about everyone work a little O.T. this week and order some stuff from them (especially Firebird!) and be sure to leave a comment thanking them for their support of our sport and us.

And last but not least, there were some who really stepped up in the support department this year. They are:

Sgt 1st class Robbie Johnson, who gave his Benelli...

Jim and Nanci from Firebird, who gave an AR15...

and many, many of you contributed $$$ for the handgun from Benny at Triangle Shooting Sports...

All for my favorite wounded warrior, James Gill. :cheers: Thank you all, you make me proud to be a part of this group.

I just want to say that JP...John Paul is the power house that makes this match what it is

His contribution in $$$ to the prize table shows his love for the sport..and his huge generosity!!!!!

Thanks John you are an awesome guy!

Jim

Ahhhhhh------I can breath again, at almost 7000ft This flatlander was gasping for air on every stage..

Thank you Denise, JJ, NRA, RO's and sponsors. And a special thank you to Tactical Machining, who as a newcomer to sponsoring 3 Gun matches, stepped up in a big way. Without them I would not have been able to attend this great match.

Squad 14 was absolutely terrific. I learned some things to do (and not to do). Next year i will bring oxygen, Kneepads and LOTS more Rifle ammo. :cheers:

Denise, JJ, and all my friends both old and new;

thanks for making me feel welcome, and thanks RO's and sponsors for all your work and support.

this was my first big 3-gun match, and Im hooked. Ill be back and I will try to bring along another local pistol shooter or two.

Mad props to JP, POF, Tactical machining, Techwear, MGM targets, Sabre, Brownells, the NRA, and for Triangle for helping to hook up James with some good equipment.

I also saw an example of generosity that had me in tears. What a true champion Robby is.

Wow~!

Cant believe I forgot about Firebird! sorry, Jim!

Thanks for all you did for James and RM3G!

Im sure theres others I forgot too.

Forgive me,

I have a wicked cold (or flu) I just came down with....

Great match ,Great stages,Great staff, and great squad to shoot with(4). I was only happy with my performance on two stages, but will try again next year. Come out and shoot this match if you can, and bring a friend (I brought two co-workers who were new to 3 gun shooting).

Jason

This was my first 3-gun match, and it was by far the most demanding match I have ever fired. I LOVED it! Thanks Denise and JJ for putting it on, and thanks to all the sponsors who support it. A special thanks to the Rio Salado Bowling Team, and to Tommy, Joe and Jason from the Louisiana JP team and Golden Tong Cooking Association for their wonderful hospitality! The Dillon bunch is already planning to be back again next year. :cheers:

Excellent match, stages were great and challanging-I would hated it if I had shot IRONS this year though.

Match staff, RO's and The Whittington Center were all great and a pleasure.

I was a shocked to see the FFL transfers were $60 on a $120 item?????????????

To me, this is an ridiculously astronomical price and should have been way lower-if there were some 30 FFl items to transfer do the match at $60 per transfer.

I just feel bad for the guys that have never won a FFL item, and will most likely will be charged again at their FFL again for the transfer-SO, $60+$20=$80 on a 120 item, if that??.

Denise and JJ did some great work on the match and there were very few backups.

-J

Wow, still trying to work through my notes of lessons learned from this match.

What a great match! Thanks to JJ and Denise and all the crew/staff/RO's for putting this event together! And to the folks at the stat shack for all the hard work that went into data entry and admin.

Thanks to www.springfield-armory.com/ for the really cool pistol I won!

Thanks to Derek at www.mcguns.com/ for building an awesome pistol!

Thanks to John Paul of http://jprifles.com/ for my rifle which ran flawlessly for the whole match! And to Leupold optics!

Thanks to Chris at http://www.timneytriggers.com/sunshop/catalog/AR-14-1.html for a clean and crisp trigger settup. It ran flawlessly!

Thanks to guys at www.magpul.com/ for their help! The mags work each time.

Thanks to Bob and Joe at Techwear for shirts that work.

Thanks to Carrol with Sierra Bullets for finding a needed spring deep within his tool box (Tuesday afternoon before the match)!

Thanks to the many sponsors (75+) that supported this match!

And to Trapr, Kurt, Bob, Don, Mark, Travis (MGM Targets) and all the folks on our squad - thank you for your help and great laughs!

Can't wait for next year!

Edited by Sterling White