Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Illegal Production Trigger Mods

Shadow

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW it is taking so long to review and edit the rules it must be in review by lawyers, or people in higher education. That is the only two groups that I am aware of that can this long to come up with a decision.

I would rather they take all the time they need then have to have it revised again in a year.

Our resident word smith is working on this and trying to make sure all the I's and T's are in the correct place. Unfortunately he also works for a very large company that actually requires him to work for the pay they give him. Employeer's are funny like that.

As I have said before, nothing has changed at this point in time. There is no need to panic, all is well as the fellow said in Animal House just prior to being trampled under the crowd :surprise:

Go clean your PD gear and get ready for the upcoming season. That is exactly what I am doing for the few times I am not shooting Single Stack.

Edited by Gary Stevens

Is everybody sent an update about any rule changes through the mail? I don't recall any rule changes ever taking place in between rule books being distributed.

No. They are posted on the USPSA website and printed in Front Sight (which all current members receive, eventually despite the best efforts of the Postal Circus). Rule changes/interpretations happen every year. http://www.uspsa.org/rules/nroi_rulings.php

Now that we have our own rulebook the process to getting a rule change put in is MUCH less circuitous than it used to be. The Blue Book (2008 rules) is the first book in a very long time where we actually could get rule changes out.

While Bruce is much too bashful to say so, he has completed a monumental task for the BOD in this project. All of the word smithing in the document was crafted and proposed by Bruce and then adopted or changed by the committee as a group. The document is ready to be reviewed and adopted (hopefully) with no or very very few changes. I am not sure when this will take place, but I would guess at the in person meeting the first weekend of March.

This was quiet an undertaking, and the 4 person committee who worked on this respected others opinions and views, while working diligently to bring others over to a particular point of view.

I believe a big thanks is due to Bruce, Michael Voigt, John Amidon, and I helped a Little.

Gary

Awesome!!! Thanks to all the active BOD and those instrumental on here on here that devoted many long selfless hours to getting this completed and keeping us in the loop and soliciting some end user input. I and I know others on here are anxiously awaiting to see the finished project.

Thanks again!!! :cheers:

Edited by 00bullitt

I believe that it will. I feel safe in saying not 100 percent of our membership will be 100 percent happy, they never are. I feel that we have a good document, surely not perfect, but what is.

Gary

Oh, come on! You CAN fool all the people part of the time!

Just kidding! :rolleyes:

Thank you guys for putting in all the effort on this. I'm sure the document will address the issues brought up here in a constructive manner. :cheers:

If not, I'm also sure you'll hear about it! :devil:

Gary,

Let me echo the others posting herein by thanking you for your efforts concerning this matter.

..but, you're killing me. ;) I had Canyon Creek do a trigger job on my XDm about a month ago.

Is it legal?

Of course it is legal. Will it be legal once the new ruling is published? :roflol:

All of this reminds me of an old joke.

"How do you keep an idiot in suspense?" ;)

Gary,

Let me echo the others posting herein by thanking you for your efforts concerning this matter.

..but, you're killing me. ;) I had Canyon Creek do a trigger job on my XDm about a month ago.

Is it legal?

I hear they do real good work :devil:

Rich does beautiful work. Given the numerous conversations we've had, I find him to be a very pleasant and gracious person as well. His trigger jobs are excellent and are accomplished using the factory parts. The installation of the low-mounted Bomar sights are equally impressive.

Ahh, what the hell, I suppose it would make a nice range gun. :P

Edited by Jungo2

I vote we start a new thread when the ruling is released so nobody has to go through 29 pages of AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! to get to the end results...

And then... Die thread DIE!

Sigh... I saw this coming and was very active in the new rules on the USPSA site. I wish I would have been listened to back then. This whole gagle @#$& could have been avoided. :(

Minus the barrel and sights everything has to appear stock when viewed from both sides of the gun. Grip tape is allowed. No lightening of slide or frame. Anything internal is free game. It's really that simple with a little word polishing thrown in... It's enforcable without tearing apart the gun, alleviates any trigger pull measures... everything essentially appears stock.

Oh ya, Die thread DIE!

• 10 months later...