Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What does your revo setups include:

steel1212

Right now I've got a 625 with sweet work done by Hopalong, comp-tac locking paddle and cal comp moon carriers with ranch/hearthco clips.

For SSR: I'm thinking of picking up a 686, locking paddle, safariland comp IIIs but what about speed loader holders?

Edited by steel1212

S&W M10-8 (action job by S&W Performance Center), Safariland 561 holster, Blade-Tech SL holders, either Safariland Comp II or Jetloader SLs, whatever belt I have on (usually a polymer-reinforced double thickness leather one). I may be switching back to my M67 in the future.

SSR 586 S&W tuned by Hopelong's evil twin Hopalong[ :roflol: ],comp3's, ready tac holster,funky old TK custom holders

ESR 625 S&W PC,tuned by previous owner,ready tac holster, shoot the moon holders from TKC http://moonclips.com/cart/shopdisplayprodu...oonclip+Holders

sloooowly working on a 3" RB S&W 65 and a few others :mellow:

saving my $$$ to have this done to the 65

post-4535-1227886595_thumb.jpg

http://www.pinnacle-guns.com/revolver_gallery.asp

Edited by GmanCdp

ESR - Smith M22 in a Don Hume 721OT holster on a Mernickle belt, two clips in Shoot A Moon carriers on the strong side.

SSR - Same rig, but ammo loaded in Auto Rim brass in HKS slow-loaders. Still haven't decided on a loader carrier, as yet. Will follow the thread with interest.

I may be switching back to my M67 in the future.

Why? The more highly visible, adjustable sights?

That's part of it. A bigger part of it is that it was my first IDPA gun, the one I shot the MS '98 state match and the '99 Nationals with, and took a class from Ray Chapman with. It's the gun I bought sight unseen from SOG via a local gunsmith that arrived with a bulged barrel. He didn't want to go through the trouble to return it, so I called Ron Power and found he had a factory take-off barrel from a PPC gun he had built, and then called Alex Hamilton at Ten Ring Precision in El Paso to arrange to have it installed. Power sent the barrel directly to Hamilton, Hamilton installed it and sent it back to me, and it was back in my hands in eight days, needing only three clicks of windage to zero it. It's the gun I put 750 rounds of 158 grain RNL through in one day (at the Chapman class) with no leading.

There's a UPS story that goes with it, too; when the UPS driver dropped it off, Hamilton wasn't there, so the UPS guy left it on the doorstep and signed the receipt himself as "Dr. Porch".

It currently wears a set of checkered Craig Spegel grips, even though the gun needs to be re-finished to get all those scratches off. When it gets re-finished, it'll probably get some engraving as well.

I'm going to try and prove Thomas Wolfe wrong and see if I can go home again.

SSR: .38 special Smith & Wesson Model 10-8, 4" heavy barrel, Pachmayr Grippers.

Yellow paint on the front sight.

Action job done at FLETC Glynco, around 1994.

Safariland 540 holster (long gone from the catalog)

Davis double speedloader holder, in front of holster. (also no longer made)

Safariland single speedloader holder in back of holster (model 371-2)

1 3/4" lined belt, Bianchi or Safariland (whichever one I get out of the dresser that morning)

Safariland Comp-III speedloaders in the Davis double holder

either HKS Second-Six or Safariland Comp-II speedloaders in the Safariland single holder.

I have shot a few matches carrying my speedloaders in either my pants or coat pocket.

A Smith & Wesson 686SSR with Houge grips and a Fiber optic front sight. I will be adding the Wiegand rear sight blade in the near future. Holster is the Safariland 561 with the plastic back plate replaced with a Wilson leather one. Speedloaders are Jet Loaders for use during the course of fire and an HKS to charge the gun at the line. Speedloader holders are from TKW.

I'm shooting SSR until the revolver match near Atlanta next year. Hey Duane, bet that match would make a neat article.

sn850138cs7.jpg

SSR: S&W Model 10 four inch, fiber optic front sight, action job, Bubberized Comp lll speedloaders, Ready Tactical holster and holders. The holster in the picture is an old Blade Tech. The hammer has been bobbed since the picture.

ESR: S&W 38 super Performance Center, fiber optic front sight, spring replacement, CCW moon clip holders, Talon Tactical holster. The moon clip holders have been modified by notching the post to make them legal.

post-2236-1228069233_thumb.jpg

SSR: Used 686-3 picked up off GunBroker. Roundbutted via dremology and filing. Miculek grips. Millet rear sight, SDM FO front sight. Had the factory front sight milled off and a Weigand Classic Front Sight System Body installed. Tuning by trial and error. Ready tactical belt loop holster and speedloader holders. Combination of "Nesbitted" Comp III and Jet loader speedloaders

ESR: Carmonized 625 JM with factory Miculek grip. Ball detent installed by Cheetah. Millet rear and SDM FO front. Conp-Tac locking paddle holster. Cal comp moonclip holders with delrin posts. Ranch moonlips

There is less material to cause any friction of the bullets leaving the speedloader and going into the cylinder. I made the mods to my speedloaders and they do work better than stock. However, it does shorten thier life a little.

Bill,

What is/are the advantage(s) to the Bubberized Comp IIIs?

686-5 4in with 6 and 7 shot cylinders

Assorted work by S&W PC, Chestnut Mountain Sports (Karl Sokal), then my own from information in this site and Black Maj spring kit. Gold bead McGivern front sight, black rear.

Comp 3 speedloaders for IDPA

SL Varient 7 shot for other cylinder for ICORE/USPSA

Tauris Holseter for IDPA with SL Varient double speedloader holder

Ky Tac Kydex for USPA, ICORE with spring holders for the speedloaders.

Since bought in 99, approx 70k rounds on original barrel and cylinder shooting 38spl 4.5 gr titegroup under 158 gr berry rn

Bill,

What is/are the advantage(s) to the Bubberized Comp IIIs?

Duane, what Dennis said. :) Sometimes the rim of the cartridge will hang up on the un Bubberized loaders. Then the speedloader won't fall away when you try to close the cylinder. It causes me to say bad words. :unsure: