Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just wondering what division everyone is currently shooting.

f250sd

Switched to Open a year and a half ago from Production. "...when I leave I don't know what I'm hoping to find, and when I leave I don't know what I'm leaving behind..." Sorry, I had this Rush song buzzing around in my head and just started typing...

Edited by Turtle

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought Brians' book last year, found the website, joined USPSA, Dillon rebuilt my SDB and now I'm shooting L-10. I have a bunch of older pre-ban mags that I load to 10 and have been enjoying the whole thing. :)

Now if I could just find the time to practice with my new schedule(4-Midnight)and with watching the baby(8am to 3:30 Pm) I would be golden as I have a ton of practice material and have cleaned up my sideyard for dryfire during the day. Once I get used to this schedule I will have no excuse not to improve. B)

JZ

Switched to Open this year from Limited after spending way to much time cursing my crappy vision and whining about it on this forum. I doubt I am ever going back. I enjoy it so much more being able to see my sight and target, and I doubt my vision will be improving enough during this lifetime for me to go back to irons.

Last year I had a kick-ass open gun built in early Spring, but was awarded a slot to the 2007 L/P/R NATS and decided Limited would be the most fun I could have at that particular time, so I bought me an Edge, and haven't looked back yet.

And while I'm young enough to still have good eye sight, I gonna continue to focus on Limited. Anything else holds too few bullets for me, sorry but I love shooting LOTS of lead, fast! ;)

IMHO I think LTD should be allowed to have 170mm mags too, :ph34r:(I dont want major 9 but 170s would be cool) but thats a whole 'nother story.

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Given my deteriorating ability to focus on the front iron sight even with corrective lenses, Open has become the staple Division for me. Even if it weren't for my weak eyes, Open is an absolute blast. :cheers:

Yes it really is, and I plan to shoot it exclusively when my time comes. But until the day that I can't see my iron sights clearly anymore, I'm going to take every possible advantage of that which the good Lord gave me. :)

i have been shooting open for most of the 12 years that i have been shooting. I do have a M&P40 that i tried to shoot limited w/ at the beginning of the year. That didnt go so well. I dont have any problems using it for IDPA but i suck w/ it in USPSA. The dot rules!

I have been shooting revolver since I started USPSA last year, and I don't see me changing anytime soon. The other divisions are nice to watch, but revolver is the only one that I care to participate in. The look on the face of other competitors when they see me using a Ruger Alaskan (2 1/2" barrel :surprise: ) loaded with .45 Colt is priceless. Seeing how they look when I shoot well with it is even better. :lol:

I check SS because that is what I WANT to shoot..... however at each of the majors I've signed up for this year.... there were so few shoters in SS that I switched to Ltd - 10 to try and collect some bling.

My two favorites are SS and Rev..... but I can't see investing several hundred into a match if just to take home another tee shirt. It the MI sectional this year.... there are less than a dozen shooters in those two Divisions TOGETHER.... so they aren't even giving out a HOA for either of them:(

I shoot production because I like the extra strategy involved with ten round magazines. I previously shot Limited-10, but major loads started reeking havoc with my elbows. Also I'm a super senior, and if enough old farts show up, I usually win the super senior trophy at our Florida major matches. Elrod wins all of the super senior open trophies. He beats me like a drum in open.

• 1 month later...

I was shooting Revolver. Before my right arm decided to be sore all the time with a combination of what appears to be tendonitis and light carpal tunnel going on.. So when I go back to shooting I'll be back shooting 6 at a time :)