Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ben Stoeger

Ben Stoeger

I just got done with a 4 day training camp. I left my life behind, and stayed about an hour away from home so I could really focus on my shooting. Matt Hopkins came up to join me.

Together, we went through about 1000 rounds a day. We worked on every conceivable skill set, and I really feel like we pushed towards the next level. We shot 55 yard partial targets… 25 yard weak hand steel, and swingers so difficult we simply couldn’t find a “best” way to shoot them.

It was one of the best shooting experiences of my life, and I am going to do it again sometime.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

training camp was incredible and training with the best is not bad either

i can say i learned more in those two days of shooting then the last years worth of major and local matches combined

this is just going to propel my shooting to another level and the practice after this will be adding to it

p.s. the amount of chaos in bens life is unbelievable and how he copes with it

I shot my match gun some today.

I am tuned up and feeling good. A 15 yard metric target is a "burn" target for me now. I was getting splits in the .18-.20 zone with good points today.

25 yard partials were tough, but not as tough as they have been in the past.

One more session tomorrow and I am good to go to nationals.

I am doing quite a bit of reflecting on the events of past years nationals. I am not going to get sucked into racing with anyone this year. I just wanna do my own thing and shoot the stages as good as I can.

"I am doing quite a bit of reflecting on the events of past years nationals. I am not going to get sucked into racing with anyone this year. I just wanna do my own thing and shoot the stages as good as I can"

Now that sounds like an excellent plan. I wish you the best of luck. Your training camp sounds like the best idea I've heard in a long time.

Awsome Job Ben! I've been looking for results all weekend and found nothing until Dave Sevigny posted a congratulations to Ben Stoeger for his fist Production Nationals win on Facebook. Looking forward to seeing the video. It looks like you are about ready for the World shoot!