Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ben Stoeger

Ben Stoeger

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you considered teaching classes prior to a match to cover your travel expenses? If A7 is in my backyard again next year, I'd love to put something together.

I do 3 to 4 a year the last few years. I am certain I will do more next year.

I traded a Sig 226 USPSA version to Hooper and got his Beretta Elite 2. I have his old gun set up now for IPSC Nationals and that is right around the corner.

The 226 that he is shooting will be kind of a test gun for me. I want to see how that thing works out for him. I am thinking that in about 5 years, one way or the other, I am going to have to dump my Berettas. They have only so much life left, and the parts wont be able to be had forever. The 226 looks like where I might end up. I am not too certain on that though.

The one gun I am certain I WONT shoot is an M&P. I have seen that guns extractor cost BJ his shot at the USPSA nationals.. and I don’t think Phil’s ever really worked for him. That stuff is really annoying. I can also say that I have never gotten one to group acceptably for me… and plenty of other guys that I know and trust say the same thing. No M&P for me!

So aside from a 226 the other options are a XD, Glock, or a CZ. I have a few years to pick, so I am going to take my time and do it right.

I have to clean the extractor on my P226 every 1000-1500rds or so, or else it'll start throwing FTE's on me. And it's a PITA to take out. Other than that - and I don't think it's typical - it's a pretty good pistol. I just wish they made one with a 5" barrel and alloy frame (DA/SA that is).

Edited by DonovanM

I have to clean the extractor on my P226 every 1000-1500rds or so, or else it'll start throwing FTE's on me. And it's a PITA to take out. Other than that - and I don't think it's typical - it's a pretty good pistol. I just wish they made one with a 5" barrel and alloy frame (DA/SA that is).

I have never shot a SIG but, it looks to me that the bore axis is pretty high above the grip. After watching guys shood IDPA with them,they look like they recoil quite a bit. Granted, most of the ones I've see were in .40 but even still, compared to say, a G35, the SIG looks like a handfull. Do you find this to be an issue?

Easiest way to help Ben pick a pistol: tell him NOT to shoot a certain gun because he WON'T be able to shoot it well and will NEVER win with it. A stubborn and spiteful Ben will then master the gun and shove it back in our faces. And why would he do this?.......WINNING :roflol:

I have never shot a SIG but, it looks to me that the bore axis is pretty high above the grip. After watching guys shood IDPA with them,they look like they recoil quite a bit. Granted, most of the ones I've see were in .40 but even still, compared to say, a G35, the SIG looks like a handfull. Do you find this to be an issue?

I have shot some that seem to be ok. The factory recoil springs are pretty heavy though, I think a lighter one is better.

I've never taken a close look at one, but I'm pretty sure the bore axes of the P226 and the pistol you bear the namesake of are virtually identical. It's a non issue for me. Watch some of my videos and you'll see how mild the muzzle flip is with a proper grip and a modicum of grip strength.

I run a 14lb Wolff recoil spring for ammo around 135pf. Works great.

I've never taken a close look at one, but I'm pretty sure the bore axes of the P226 and the pistol you bear the namesake of are virtually identical. It's a non issue for me. Watch some of my videos and you'll see how mild the muzzle flip is with a proper grip and a modicum of grip strength.

I run a 14lb Wolff recoil spring for ammo around 135pf. Works great.

I was not trying to promote Glocks even though I compete with one right now. I started with a 92FS. If it had a replacable front sight and was a G model, I'd still be shooting it. I hit the saftey on or, forgot to turn it off too many times. Getting my hands on an Elite II G was just not practical. I think Ben has most of them at this point. :P There is nothing like shooting a metal gun in my opinion.

Edited by 92fs

I am getting deep into my preparations for my training next year. I am loading ammo any buying components like a madman… and my new training plan will be ready for posting soon.

By the time I get back from IPSC nationals next Sunday I will pretty much be done with live fire shooting for the year. That is of course a big time bummer. However, I am going to be stockpiling ammo and doing dryfire like crazy, so it isn’t all bad news. With the success of this years training plan, I can only predict I will reach an even higher skill level next year.

Basically, I want to push myself to be even more accurate than I am now. I want to be able to carve out A Zone hits on 40 yard classics on a consistent basis under match conditions. I am pretty sure that wont be easy, but I know it can be done.

Also I want to shoot faster on very close targets. That is my big weakness right now.

In any event, I am really pumped up to hit this game harder than ever next year.

Or...he'd just tell everyone to screw off and do what he wants to do. ;)

I can be a bit unpredictable that way.... =)

No.... You? haha

You should consider checking out one of Rich's (Canyon Creek) production XD's. Seriously well done.

Basically, I want to push myself to be even more accurate than I am now. I want to be able to carve out A Zone hits on 40 yard classics on a consistent basis under match conditions. I am pretty sure that wont be easy, but I know it can be done.

There is no reason we all shouldn't be shooting points like EG. cheers.gif