Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Marine war vet gets big surprise from STI, Dawson and local Clubs

KGentry

I wanted to share a video of what happened at our local club this weekend. We have a USPSA shooter that is also a Marine that was injured in the Iraq war - his name is James Gill - He comes to many matches in the area and shoots very well - you never hear him complain that with one leg one eye he is having a hard time - NO - he shoots outstanding and has a great attitude. One of Austin's shooters and club member here at the Bullet Hole - Huston LaClair decided that this young man deserved something more than our friendship since he gave up so much to protect our freedoms! Huston got together an impressive list of Company's to donate and discount products to help this shooter shoot open division - he really wanted to shoot open but was having a hard time getting the massive funds together at one time to get started. In the end - Huston was able to gather up a New Grandmaster from STI and Dave Dawson - Tuned and ready - Shooter Connection donated a top of the line range bag with mags and the CR Speed complete rig with holster - Dillion 550 loader and all the goodies needed to reload!! 2000 Brass from Starline and 4000 Bullets from Magnus bullets and Zero! There are so many other things given you will need to watch the video! - Remember - he had no idea this was going to happen! All of the clubs in the area donated to the event and I wanted to thank all of them and the great companies for doing something that can make us all proud to shoot this sport!!! THANKS!!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello: These are the type of stories they should cover on the evening news instead of what the hollywood stars are doing. My dad always used to say that "the giving should start at home". These men and women are serving over there and are not getting the respect when they come home. San Antonio is home to alot of retired veterans so alot of people there know someone in the service or someone who has served. I would just like to thank all those that serve and you are the best in my book. Thanks, Eric

I read one time that the wounds that you cant see are the ones hardest and longest to heal. Someone asked me recentely if I felt bitter about how todays warriors are treated as compaired to the way we were treated in the 60s and 70s after returning home. I told him that my wounds have mostly healed and these young men and women have just started the process. I would not even think about tradeing places with a single one of them. There is no way we can ever thank them enough for what they have done for us. Good job folks, proud to know all of you.-----------------Larry

Edited by Larry White

ABSOLUTELY fantastic - this is the kind of stuff that makes me proud to be involved in the shooting sports and is what I use to describe to my non-shooting friends about what the people are like in this sport.