Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open 2009?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like everyone had a good time.

When will the scores be posted??

I've never shot this match but I have considered it many times.

If it takes this long to get the scores posted then I guess this is a match that I will stay away from.

Seriously? It hasn't even been 24 hours since the match finished for what was probably about a 22 hour work day for those running the match. If that's what keeps you away well then so be it. I guess I'm willing to cut them a tad more slack than that.

Sounds like everyone had a good time.

When will the scores be posted??

If it takes this long to get the scores posted then I guess this is a match that I will stay away from.

Seriously? It hasn't even been 24 hours since the match finished for what was probably about a 22 hour work day for those running the match. If that's what keeps you away well then so be it. I guess I'm willing to cut them a tad more slack than that.

I do stats it does take a while before you can get them on line.

It is painfully obvious that you indeed have not shot this match before, nor any other big match. The statisticians for this match are some of the best around and they work ridiculous hours to make sure results are done accurately and in a timely fashion. I am pretty sure the Florida Open can survive without you in the coming years.

They do not have internet access at the range and Sunday night was probably the first opportunity for the staff to get a decent amount of sleep in the past week. Sometime today they will get back to the range and start the process of distributing the information. I would guess that the scores will be on the website sometime this evening.

In my opinon, this was the most fun Florida Open in recent history. Each stage had elements of difficulty while mixing in plenty of close and mid-range targets to keep it from being strictly an accuracy test. Not as many memorization or "maze" stages and few more fast moving stages. Last year the stages were very technical and it seemed that the majority of the targets were out beyond 20 yards. This made for a VERY long day if your gun was not zeroed properly or you were having trouble with long shots. This match seemed more "balanced" than before. Did anyone else notice the no-shoots? ... those are the first in Florida Open history. I think the guys did a great job with this match and I am already looking forward to next year.

Leo

This was one of the best produced matches i have ever had the pleasure of attending and shooting in!!! The stages were all balanced and were not all "open division" or go home type stages. Shooting in production was a BLAST!!! Its been a long time since i have enjoyed a match this much. As all that shot the match can attest.... stage #2 was UNBELIEVABLE!!! Bob is a madman for even thinking that thing up!! As long as you had a plan...you could do it. #2 was definitely NOT a stage that you could just show up and shoot with just a walkthrough and your normal 5 minutes to review. I spent the better part of 3 days constantly going back whenever it was empty and going through it... On top of having a blast i shot the best total match i have ever shot in my life..... I had a total brain fart on "going green" leaving a target around a corner thus getting a FTE and 2 mikes... can u say OUCH... yep that hurt. I dropped a mike on #4 first thing Saturday morning before my fingers thawed out and threw a mike on a swinger on #8. All that was saturday. My sunday stages were pretty much personally flawless... i actually shot every stage the best i possibly could at this stage in my life.... for me... thats flawless....

Kudos to Frank, Wadette, Bob, Duane, Bronson and all the others that helped put this thing together... as the Govenator would say... " I'LL BE BACK"

Here are the only 2 videos i have from the match... If you have a high speed connection you can watch them in HD if you click on the bottom right corner of the video... much better quality

Deon Martin

L-2730

Did anyone else notice the no-shoots? ... those are the first in Florida Open history.

Leo

Please tell me you are joking. I always loved the fact that there were zero of those pesky things.

There were 4 or 5 used on clamshell targets as I remember. They still left the opportunity for "head shots" on the turtle targets. I only hit one of the cute little devils. :angry2:

Shucks. I played counterfactuals on the score sheet (what if I'd reloaded correctly on stage 2, not hit the clamshell on stage 3, not missed the last target on 8, not wasted time on the last target on 9). Had I made 1 fewer mistake I would have been high C rather than 2nd C... Ah well, that's the game right ;)

atek3

Outstanding match!! Thanks to everyone who worked so hard :cheers:

Here's a compilation of shooters:

Robbie Johnson

Travis Tomasie

Max Michel

Daniel Horner

Todd Jarrett

Yousef Sansour

Kaci Cochran

Sweet, thx for those. It was nice to meet you... Hope I didn't get you sick. :)

JT