Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open 2009?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is YES. This year was the 10th anniversary. And even though the attendance seemed low, there were some underlying factors that might explain why (SHOT show being earlier in the same week, and the sluggish economy)

So I wouldn't think Frank would abandon it simply because it didn't fare well one particular year. :)

Absolutelty, there WILL be a Florida Open in 2009.

The dates have already been selected (February 20-22, 2009) and we are awaiting a few more details about the match before the website and match application are updated.

Stay tuned for more information after the Florida State Match is completed, this weekend.

Absolutelty, there WILL be a Florida Open in 2009.

The dates have already been selected (February 20-22, 2009) and we are awaiting a few more details about the match before the website and match application are updated.

Stay tuned for more information after the Florida State Match is completed, this weekend.

Cooool!!! We'll be there....

I initially asked the stage designer if that was the famous "Sniper Support" stage? I think that he got confused and thought that he was designing a rifle stage for his usual 3-gun match. But, alas, most of us survived it ...

Going to be a busy week.

All the big dogs will be in town just before the match.

http://www.shotshow.com/App/homepage.cfm?m...;appname=100300

SHOT SHOW is a full month before the Open.

SHOT - Jan. 15 - 18

OPEN - February 20-22

Is moving the dates later in Feb for 2009 going to put the Open in conflict with Daytona week again? Or is Daytona going to be the weekend of 14-15?

As I have made up my mind that I must shoot Florida Open once more, is there the question of other matches in Florida during that period.

I will drive from Atlanta and arrive in the Orlando area on the 10th of February. If I want to shoot some local matches before the big one then where is the best place to stay, Orlando Tampa or the Miami area? I am grateful for any info!

Then is there the question of ammo. I have given some thought of getting my ammo from Atlanta Arms.Taking that much ammo on a flight across the "big pond" is out of the question. So buying locally is a must.

A new Hampton Inn and suites just opened in north Lake Wales and is only 5 minutes away from any of the motels in any other part of Lake Wales and may be as close as those in Sebring and Avon Park

Over the last 5 years I have always stayed at the Super 8 in Lake Wales. Clean, free breakfast, only 15-20 mins to range, and fairly inexpensive ($60). Already got my reservation for '09.

http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/advanced_search

+1, and here is a Beef O'Brady's right across the street so no driving to get dinner and a beer.

I just saw on the Florida Open website that one can register for the mach as of now!

Can't keep any secrets from you guys!

I uploaded the "draft" version of the application about 10:00 last night. There will be a few cosmetic changes to the app, but there are no factual errors that would stop you from using what is already there. I should have all the feedback today and the final version should be up this evening.

Biggest change will be for the foreign folks, they will have to submit their own paperwork (ATF Form 6) which is provided on the site.

Le me know if you see any errors.

Leo

One of the biggest advantages about Florida Open in the past was that you could send the ATF Form 6, together with the registration. Not any more though!

A couple of years ago was Area 2/Rio Salado Desert Classic on the agenda. But ATF managed to lose a couple of pages so to make a long story short. I used a borrowed gun at the match. I will send in my registration within a week or two to leave plenty of time for the paperwork to be processed.