Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot Show News?

Z-man

For those lucky folks that made it out to the Shot Show, how about some information (and preferably pictures) about USPSA relevant guns and gear? For instance, maybe the CZ CTS .40, EAA, STI goodies, etc.. Share the wealth!!

I didn't go to the show but if you are interested here is a link to the show program. Shot Show Program

Warning: it is a large download, 40 pages pdf.

There is a small description of STI's new Steel Master on page 22 and Para's Super Hawg on page 20 along with the other new pistols.

So far not a huge amount of new stuff for the USPSA folks. EAA looked pretty similar to last year, CZ had a couple of different models shown, including the Shadow, and a couple different varieties of the Tactical Sport. STI had the Steel Master as well as a couple other 1911's. STI also had a .22lr conversion kit for the 2011 and 1911 series. Tactical Solutions also had a very nice looking conversion as well for the 1911 and 2011 guns. Lots of companies putting out .22 lr conversion kits and many more coming for different models like the XD and the M&P. STI had a the grip frame for the GP6 but the rest of the gun couldn't be imported just yet. Got a look at the S&W long slide 9mm. They make two different models, one the Pro Series and the other a production gun. Get the Pro Series. It comes with flat black Novak rear sight, a fiber front and a 4.5 lb trigger job. The production model has the white dot sights and the standard trigger. Price difference was only supposed to be about $40.00.

If the S&W Pro model has a 4.5 lb trigger it makes it illegal for IPSC Production division (minimum first pull 5.0 lb)

That's what Tony Meile quoted me from their Performance Center. I'm sure it would be very easy to detune the trigger a half a pound. I would also imagine that right now their trying to cater more to the USPSA crowd than the IPSC crowd.

If the S&W Pro model has a 4.5 lb trigger it makes it illegal for IPSC Production division (minimum first pull 5.0 lb)

5.5lb trigger????????? Have I missed something in the 2008 rulebook? Sure are going to be a lot of unhappy Production shooters. :angry:

5.5lb trigger????????? Have I missed something in the 2008 rulebook? Sure are going to be a lot of unhappy Production shooters. :angry:

IPSC production has a weight limit on production triggers..USPSA production doesn't

I've only done this once so let me see if I can do it again. This should be a picture of the M&P9L (Long Slide). It is unclear at this point if this is the same as the Pro everyone has been talking about. The Pro may be a Performance Center pistol. I guess we will have to waite and see.

post-9882-1202177113.jpg

The pro series was in the cabinet by the corner of the S&W booth. The ones on the racks were the Production models. Although from the bottom of you picture it looks like that one might be the 45. The only outward difference between the Pro series and the Production model is the front and rear sights.

The STI .22 conversion for 2011 and 1911 is flat out awesome! I ordered several of these. The STI Steelmaster is also very cool and ready to go. The R&D guys claim it shoots really flat and reliably with factory 9mm ammo. I odered several of these. The STI Rogue is the neatest little fixed sight 9mm lightweight carry gun I have ever handled in the 1911 platform, and guess what, I ordered several of these too. The STI Texican is a really nice entry into the single action revolver world with a really nice quality and finish for a really reasonable price. Yes, got those coming too. The GP6, their new production gun, has a cool ergonomic grip and accepts CZ mags.

Saul Kirsch has a new video and some really cool belts and mag pouches, and it looks like we are gonna carry those as well as his books and videos.

Progressive Arms, Progressive Machine and Tool's new division has some really awesome new 3 gun and tactical stuff: in addition to their titanium bolt carrier coated with ionbond, they have a new AR comp, extended Benelli carrier release button and safety, extension tubes made of steel with followers and clamps, a breaching standoff with teeth and an extended bolt handle for the m4/1014, and their shotshell caddy now available with MOLLE attachment or Teklok.

Safariland has a new AR mag coupler that is offset and has a solid base eliminating the need for extended bases.

Shooter's Connection has a new range bag called the Ultra that retails for $89 and is the same quality as the large Pro bag, but minus two pockets and the stage bag. It comes with a pistol pouch, brass bag, and a padded carry strap. This is a must have if you want something slightly smaller and under $100.

here are lots of pictures

http://www.gunblast.com/SHOT_Show_2008.htm

if you like custom 1911's

http://www.louderthanwords.us/forum/viewforum.php?f=6

http://www.louderthanwords.us/forum/viewto...f=13&t=6302

downrange tv

http://www.downrange.tv/shotshow2008/index.php

some sig stuff, but the last picture is a nice up close of the S&W M&P

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430...35/m/1671022511

1911forum has some shots of the new Colt Delta Elite 10mm (has a bull barrel this time)

The STI .22 conversion for 2011 and 1911 is flat out awesome! I ordered several of these.

Any idea when they'll be out, how much, and of course, pics? Is this an STI item or is it from another company?

Sounds like the new SC bag is perfect. Any links to the belts & pouches Saul was talking about?

I am bummed. I was at the STI booth and did not see the .22 conversion. I went to Tactical Solutions and Marvel's booths. I talked with the guys from Wilson Combat, they are supposed to have their own conversion product in a few months.

What was the price of the STI conversion?

Just visited my local gun dealer. He just got back from the SHOT. He had a cool new Walther .22 . Looked like one of the super duper European target pistols with a polymer frame. Good price at $370 if it is a good pistol.

The STI .22 conversion for 2011 and 1911 is flat out awesome! I ordered several of these.

Any idea when they'll be out, how much, and of course, pics? Is this an STI item or is it from another company?

Sounds like the new SC bag is perfect. Any links to the belts & pouches Saul was talking about?

Saul's site!!!

have fun :P

Definitely a must see.

Maybe the magnetic holster is next.