Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Do You Want to See on a Prize Table

scorch

At the Double Tap Championship we buy about 60-70% of the stuff that is on the prize table or given as awards. So what would you like to see on a prize table that either you really like or been on another prize table or have not seen and think it would be cool. Be Serious and realistic. Please.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. Be Serious and realistic. Please.

Ok, I will be!!!

I don't shoot for the prize table!!!

I shoot to compete against myself, and look at the end how I stack up against others in my division/class.

So...

Give it to the RO's, and or cut the entry.

JMHO

. Be Serious and realistic. Please.

Ok, I will be!!!

I don't shoot for the prize table!!!

I shoot to compete against myself, and look at the end how I stack up against others in my division/class.

So...

Give it to the RO's, and or cut the entry.

JMHO

Agree 100%.

But, as the decision has been made to have a "table" scheme, please make the top prizes easy to sell for money.

Money is all the top prize winners care about anyway. They already have guns that they had built or were given for free. They don't want your guns - they want money. If anyone needs proof, please take a look at the USPSA.com classifieds the monday after any major "prize table" match & see what shows up & who posts it.

You want to give a "prize" they will treasure forever? Not going to happen. But money is a reasonable substitute & prizes that are easy to dump for cash are the next best thing.

Regards,

D.

Certificates for components (brass, bullets, powder, etc.) are always appreciated, and easily tradeable/sellable even if you don't load your own. I can certainly understand the argument about cash awards to the top winners - do any of those guys EVER keep the guns they win? Doubtful. As for cutting the prize table completely, I hope not - speaking from experience, at the end of the match that may be the only thing I'm shooting for... :blush:

PLEASE! Not a discussion about prizes Vs. No Prizes. all ready been done else where. Just wondering what you like to see on a prize table, BESIDES CASH!

We Try hard to put stuff on our prize table you can USE and Keep. Like this year we have Two (2) Craftsman 10" Table Saws with legs. Don't think we will see these on the USPSA classifieds. also the way we do our table is different you get more of a choice on what you win. it's a mix between placement and random.

Edited by scorch

PLEASE! Not a discussion about prizes Vs. No Prizes. all ready been done else where. Just wondering what you like to see on a prize table, BESIDES CASH!

Sorry, ok, how about reloading certificates like thegirl suggested

Shooting related stuff...

Timers

Electronic Muffs

Generic Gunsmithing tookit

Handgun Lockbox / "vault"

"Mr. Fixit" / Range repair toolkit

Non Shooting related stuff...

Nice Flashlights

Nice folding knives

iPod

Digital camera

I'll add my voice for bullets (or, better yet, certificates to the popular bullet manufacturers - Montana Gold, Zero (maybe through Angus), etc). Those are probably the most expensive item for any of us - at least, if we're shooting much. Also, certs to Starline are a good thing - I picked one of those up off the DoubleTap table last year, and appreciated it greatly.

Gun parts can be cool, but those are probably the most traded thing I see on the forum - at least they get to someone that can use them at a reasonable price (I don't consider that a bad thing, personally). Unless I pick up a major part - frame, slide, C-More, etc - gun parts on a prize table are usually something I won't use, so...

Certs for the popular clothing (TechWear, 5.11, etc) would be useful. High quality blades and multi-tools are cool, as well.

Jay's iPod idea is kind of cool.

I agree with bullets, primers and powder but I think they should be done with gift certificates so you can get the stuff that you use and need. Perhaps that gets too close to actual $$$, but it would link you back to the people and businesses who help support the sport such as Shooters Connection, STI, Dawson Precision, Brazos Custom, SVI/Infinity, etc. All of these folks have a good variety of components and parts for sale that most of us can use.

Other than that I must agree with Jay on Gunsmithing tools such as a quality screwdriver set. I am also for the quality folding knife and quality flashlights.

ok I'm sorry too.

As for useful suggestions:

Bullets!!! Primers!!!! Powder!!!!

I agree as long as they are in the form of certificates - people are particular about what loads they like.

Another thought: the suggestion of "camera" seems good - maybe we can get more folks to take photos for FrontSight, the web, etc and thereby promote the sport?

Dillon calendars! :devil:

Other, not so enjoyable items could include:

Clothing vendor certificates

Power tools

Dremel kits

USPSA targets

Gift certificates for hotels and restaurants

Gift certificates to Lowes or Home Depot

Reloading components (bullets, primers, powder)

Mags or components (S_I, Glock, AR, etc.)

Shooting books/DVDs

General certificates to buy stuff from Chuck, Angus, Dillon... I'd think folks would be more likely to keep and appreciate a prize if they can actually get something they need.

At my level, I'm grateful if I get any at all! :rolleyes: I was impressed with the prize table the one time I've been to DT. I'm hoping I'll be able to make it this year, if I can get money for the entry together before it sells out!

Edited by AustinMike

Bullet and Brass Certificates in amounts enough to get at least 1000 rnds ($100 Montana or $125 Starline) you have to collect several of the $50 to place an order. Certificates allows those that fly to take their prizes with them and not have to fool with arranging shipping.

Just my .02

Randal

Edited by DrawandDuck

I have one now, but these would be nice:

http://www.shellsorter.com/

Dillon reloading equip is always popular out my way (Left Coast).

ETA: +1 for quality mags, range bags, components, certs from the main online vendors, and especially the Dillon calenders (not at all a bad consolation prize - I can always tell my wife, "hey, I won it, dear, I had to take my prize" :rolleyes:

Edited by kevin c