Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you do for a living?

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an interesting post! I'm technically 'certified' to work on your Honda/Suzuki motorcycles through the Motorcycle Mechanics Institute, but quit making paychecks out of it a few years ago when the economy started to nosedive.

Today I'm employed full time as a commercial cast lead bullet maker, which is what allows me to play this game!

Was a machinist/CNC Programmer for about 20 years in the oilfield and lastly in Aerospace.

For the last 7 or so years I've been a Petroleum Landman. I dig through the records in the courthouse being nosey figuring out who owns what. :P

Edited by Shadowrider

B-1b Bomber Weapons Systems Officer (WSO) So when I am not shooting 40 S&W.I am dropping 500 and 2000lb bombs. Heck when I am shooting those it is easy to get 2 A well at least i think its 2A beause we never seem to be able to find or target after these bullets hit.. :roflol:

B-1b Bomber Weapons Systems Officer (WSO) So when I am not shooting 40 S&W.I am dropping 500 and 2000lb bombs. Heck when I am shooting those it is easy to get 2 A well at least i think its 2A beause we never seem to be able to find or target after these bullets hit.. :roflol:

What you're shooting is more like a shotgun! :roflol:

What you're shooting is more like a shotgun! :roflol:

ya ya but does it make major pf? ;)

let me see 2000 lbs jdam 7000 grains per lbs and 900 fps 2000x7000=14000000x900fps=1260000000000 for a grand total of a pf of 1260000000 it will make it with alittle to spare. :devil: but for a big match i might need alittle better margin of error. j/k

hmmmmm, I think that might do it. ;)

Are you based out of Dyess?

I've been a police officer for just over 28 years. My current assignment is OIC of the Criminal Investigation Division.

Prior service with USMC

Ex-nucleur certified pipefitter on fast attack sub overhaul

Ex-insurance salesman (worst job I ever got fired from)

• 4 weeks later...

A police officer, now working a police K-9 before that working in an undercover role as the biggest redneck you could find. Bought a lot of dope and whores, got out of the whore business and went to dogs they smell better than whores and the dogs have all of there teeth. 40 yoa and still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. With this job I still feel like the hardest job for me is to raise my kids and be the dad they need:)

HAHAAHA! Ever have to offer one of'em chewing gum? Long story, not very nice, and not suited to a family forum..... but one ANYONE who holds the line can relate to!

BTW: Machinist, SMALL business owner, gun plumber, and former reserve LEO.

Ken

Edited by m134b

Long time ago I was a Police Officer . Did it for 12 years and got tired of showing up at someone's house and they didn't like to see me. Now I am a self employed Plumbing and Heating contractor and have done it for 20 years. (Yes I am old) People are glad to see me when I get there now but it costs them lots more for that good feeling :cheers:

I will be 60 in April, still do all types of work including heavy heat boilers and like what I do. I am on the work till you die retirement program and that is just fine with me. In this economic down turn, I am still busy. Not as busy as I would like, but we eat every day, I have a little cash for shooting, and we still have indoor plumbing in a home that is all ours. ;)

I'm a retired Management Consultant who worked in the technology end of the financial services industry for 40 years.

How do I support my shooting habit???? I've been an NRA and State of Michigan Certified handgun instructor for 10 years. My classes include basic pistol, home defense, and the concealed carry class required in Michigan to get a carry license.. I also have two security companies that use me to train their new employees.

First 20 years heavy equipment manufacturing, plant bought out and moved.

Next 11 union carpenter, good job till the last two years. Like to broke me with this economy!

Started at CATERPILLAR last monday, WHOOPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Back in full time management, no more rainouts, three day jobs or never knowing where I have to drive next.

But it is tuff starting over at 49, but thankful for the opportunity!!!!!

Mildot

• 2 weeks later...