Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nyle Leatham

benos

Years ago, I met up with Nyle at some match or another; We got to talking about his pictures and I mentioned then that he should put some in a book, sort of a pictorial history of practical shooting. I didn't seem keen on the idea as he wasn't sure that there would be enough interest in it, I seem to recall he did one about Cowboy Action Shooting which did not sell, I maybe wrong.

I think there would be a market for such a book about IPSC.

He was a genuinely nice guy..

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of photos he has taken of various shooters and matches..he has a great great archive of the sport and the participants that got us to where we are today..

Would be nice if they ever did get published in a book or made a resource..

is there a place or cause to make donations in Nyles name too??

Yes. I was told today that the family would prefer donations to a particular hospice in lieu of sending flowers. I should have details on that by tomorrow.

be

Yes. I was told today that the family would prefer donations to a particular hospice in lieu of sending flowers. I should have details on that by tomorrow.

be

Thank you...

be

Thanks Brian.

I know this isn't the right time, but it would be great if the Leatham family would consider accepting donations toward the creation of an accessible archive of Nyle's works. It would be a wonderful legacy.

E

I know this isn't the right time, but it would be great if the Leatham family would consider accepting donations toward the creation of an accessible archive of Nyle's works. It would be a wonderful legacy.

E

Thanks Eric and Henning. I will pass it on. Nyle's son, David, is real computer/photoshop/web savvy, and his son is an IT wiz. And, they were discussing archiving Nyle's work online when I visited... but I will be sure to pass this on.

be

E

Thanks Eric and Henning. I will pass it on. Nyle's son, David, is real computer/photoshop/web savvy, and his son is an IT wiz. And, they were discussing archiving Nyle's work online when I visited... but I will be sure to pass this on.

be

man...that would be an awesome archive..what a resource..

Obviously Nyle will be missed by his family and extended family.

I have known Nyle and Carol as long as I have known Robbie, which means well over two decades.

The Leathams have opened their family to include many of us at different times over the years.

Carol will always be the original range mom, taking care of all us crazy shooters at the matches.

Nyle was a person that could share information, wisdom, advice and listen to the same with equal enthusiasm.

His travels and stories of the crazy things he did for photos over the years kept me spellbound for many hours of conversation.

We swapped stories of the many places we have visited and I learned as much from Nyle as any tour guide book.

I spoke with Robbie a few days ago and he has received support from many friends.

He is thankful for the calls and offers and will be spending time with his mother and other members of the family.

Rest in peace Nyle

Michael

Nyle Leatham was one of the most interesting and enjoyable people I have gotten to spend time with through my shooting career. I just heard of this as I am in New Zealand right now. My heart goes out to Carrol, Rob and the rest of the family.

I first met Nyle back in 1987. I will miss running into him at the range and at Dillon. One time Nyle gave me a tour of his collection and a history lesson on Dillon, his career and his photography. Absolutely amazing.

Nyle, your friendship, your photos and your personality will be missed.

Matt Burkett

Those times I met Nyle from starting 1987, he was a friendliest person I've ever seen.

We had several nice moments going thru lot's of old photos and also Robs history.

I quess I have no words for this loss to Robs family, it is all just feelings and they are hard express in writing.

Eric Clapton's: Tears in Heaven is the one that plays in my mind right now.

Be strong.

Timo McKeown

Edited by tmckeown

Like a lot of people I had seen a lot Nyle's work over the years and was impressed with the high quality of his photography. Once I met him I realized that the outstanding quality of his art was merely a reflection of the artist himself. Hopefully his collection will find some medium for display and his legacy will continue the excellence he personified.

My family and I will miss him greatly.

-Larry

How fitting an epitaph for a man that obviously touched the lives of so many the world round with his personality and work. When so many come out from the proverbial 'woodwork' to share an experience and pay respects that is special. Special indeed.

Many men seek great renown and others just humbly receive it. I suspect that Mr. Leatham will be remembered well past his years as we share his vision of our sport with future generations.

My condolences to the Leatham Family.

I was just telling Yamil how Mr. Leatham's photograph was what initially got me interested in practical shooting.

My and my family's thought and prayers got out to Rob and the rest of the Leatham family.

God bless,

I just found out about this. Nyle was my inspiration my guiding light in the action Shooting Photography World. His Images had no equal. If a photograph speaks a thousand words, Nyles images spoke Billions. I have great memories of working alongside Nyle from my first Nationals in Barry back in 1995. From day one, Nyle showed me the Do's and the Don'ts, well, mostly the Don'ts. Nyle, I will miss you. To Rob and family, my prayers are with you.

Y

On behalf of Smith & Wesson, I would like to extend our condolences to the Leatham family.

On a personal note, I can't say enough wonderful things about Nyle. I have had the pleasure of knowing both him and Carol for many many years. Nyle was phenomenally talented and a friend to one and all. He will be deeply missed. Thoughts and prayers to the entire Leatham family during this difficult time.

With deepest sympathy,

Julie