Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nyle Leatham

benos

Nyle Leatham peacefully passed away Friday morning (11/23/07) at about 1:30 AM, from pancreatic cancer. I just talked to Robbie a bit ago... The whole family was together, sharing memories and telling stories.

Since Robbie is overwhelmed with phone calls, family and friends, I volunteered to post details for the funeral services.

Friday, the 30th, there will be a viewing and visitation at the Meldrun Mortuary, 52 N McDonald, Mesa, AZ 85204, from 6 to 8 PM.

Their will be an additional viewing from 9 to 10 AM, Saturday morning, at the Mesa Steake Center, 1050 S Hobson, Mesa, AZ 85204. The funeral will follow at the Mesa Cemetery. The Mesa Cemetery is located at 1212 North Center Street, on the west side of Center Street, between Brown Road and McKellips Road.

I am not sure of the exact time-frame, but to the best of my knowledge Nyle was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer about 2 weeks before he passed. I visited with him in the hospital, on Sunday, on my way home from the Area 2 match. He was in good spirits and we had great conversations. A couple days later he went home under hospice care, so Henning and I visited him at his house the following week. Again, he was in great spirits and we had a wonderful visit.

I did not imagine that would be the last time I would see him. Nyle was an incredibly accomplished and powerfully inspiring man to me and all who new him. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Brian

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sad day.....Wasn't it Nyle who took so many great photos..?

Yes, spotted him at many matches and ALWAYS with his camera gear in tow.

I'm sad to hear of his passing. My thoughts and prayers to his family.

Jim M.

Edited by JimmyM

I still remember a great conversation I had with Nyle at the '98 North American Champs. I ended up sitting next to him at the shoot offs, and he educated me on his choice of remote cameras (at the time, Nikon 8008s), film, timing, etc. As a budding photographer, I was impressed that he, an accomplished, respected professional, was willing to spend the time and share the knowledge with some guy he'd never met, and who was armed with a bunch of inane "work" questions.

Rob, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. My sincerest condolences on your loss.

Edited by XRe

Once, when I heard that he had started Robbie out on a S&W M27, I wrote to him and picked at him about where Robbie "went wrong". :) We also corresponded about older cameras; he liked his older ones, but was always looking for a better tool for his craft. I've never met him, but know him through his photographs. We've lost an important man, a man who mattered.

Prayers sent for his family.

There's so much to say, some of it has already been said. I didnt know Rob's father, although seeing how Rob conducts himself, I'd say his father was a great man. Nyle and your family will be in our prayers.