Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hell, I Still Am!

dvc40jim

I have spent the better part of the last year without much connectivity (except a local cell phone). I'm here to tell you that I now consider Afghanistan to be one of the worlds great vacation spots. Good food (and really cheap)! Kinda hard to find suitable lodging in some areas, but as long as you don't mind the occasional snake, scorpian, wild dog or local militant then it's not too just camping out!

It had been my intent to come be done here and back to work in the real world in November, however plans have slightly changed and I will remain here until April 08. But in May I'm back to doing grips, Glocks, and shooting matches. (won't that be a change when the targets are not shooting back).

Most days I don't feel really cut off from the world, and I do get to look at some news enough to know that Ron Paul looks like the candidate of choice for me!

I can't believe that Paris and Brittany are able to score so much face time for screwing up! But then again I guess they remain more popular in the media than our troops over here. Sure seems like these guys deserve a little more credit.

I do have a 2 week vacation coming up in November. It will be nice to eat with real silver ware for a couple weeks, and I can't wait to have a beer! I plan to have a little get together on the 17th of November so anyone around the greater Waynesville, St Robert metro area is welcome.... email me for the location and times. That is actually a week after I get home, but I figured that would give me time to get used to not eating with my fingers..... and improve my much deteriorated language skills.

For those folks still holding a certificate for work they won during the 06 season.... I'm sorry for the delay, but I promise I will still honor the certificates and work quickly to get those orders filled. For those of you contemplating grip or Glock work.... April is not that far off so if you can hold on a little longer, I will be back.

Jim,

I'll be home a little before you. Never thought I'd be so happy to see a cold winter comin'. Be safe down south. I don't know who has it better, you or me. I think you do and we both know why. I'm not a big fan of BAF either.

Take care and see you back home.

Rich

Jim

Glad you are safe and well.

A huge THANK YOU for your service!!

Jay

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

All the things that make it seem like not a "great vacation spot" are those things they tell you in order to keep you away and help keep the secret.

Landmines or rumors thereof are a great way to keep people off the lawn!

IED's along the side of the road are a great way to keep people from loitering on the sides of the roads and they also serve to keep traffic flowing at a rather quick pace most of the time.

They have nicknamed the base I work out of "Rocket City" and since we are a easy 122mm rocket shot from the safe havens inside Pakistan it adds to the excitement you never know what the night might bring. Or when it brings it..... you are never sure where it might land! Heck look at the money people pay to go to those mystery theater dinners.... this sort of takes it to the next level.

OKAY<>>> Really I would rather be home already but I appreciate the well wishes..... Don't forget the 17th of November! If you can't make it to the party at least have a beer for me! And you can't hold me responsible for any beer shortages that the midwest might experience during my R&R.

:) Nice note. Thank you for your service .

One thing I have noticed in every day America. The national theme is support and love our troops. Its part of every day life.

Look at the most desirable SUV today =Its a Hummer or a hummer look alike. Jeep, H2 H3 Etc. Etc. The most popular clothes are cargo pants. 14 year old girls are warring army boots. If I go to a movie and my hair is cut the attendants !jump! with excitement at the offer of a military discount. They look disappointed when I say no not me.

If you see a solder on the street = You will see one in three passer byes offer a smile , and that just the ones I catch at it.

I have seen doors opened for them, A first place at the fast food counter offered.

The concept of a national Brother hood is spreading to everyone. because of the sacrifice we as nation know that you make

Jamie Foote

I just went to your web site today to see when you would be home...I guess weak minds think alike!! Rod and I miss you a bunch and we will try to get to Missouri for your get together...maybe I can con you out of another set of grips in the future

THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU DO!!!!!

YOU ARE THE BEST

Cheryl :)

Oh, This post. Work has kept me busy.

It's be a little over a year since we drank together and if the score is right, YOU OWE ME A COUPLE.

Sure you can't convince her to let you come out to play that morning? I promise not to pop off a couple of rounds during your run just to see your diving ablities.

Missed you Buddy :cheers:

I just called and left a message asking if you were back home and doing your grip magic. Obviously not! :lol: Glad to hear you're doing OK. Hope you have a great vacation. I'd be attending the party if I lived a bit closer. Get back home safely. Thanks for your service. :wub:

Nice avatar

Where did you get that stock?

Side note: My youngest son and I went thru one of Jim's AR classes right before my son deployed, (Navy).

I slept alot better.

Oh yeah, Jim's son was there too, and hasn't fallen far from the tree. Talk about two proud Dads.

La Cerveza Mas Fina :cheers:

EricW, what the hell man.... I've been out on the airfield for days now waiting on that bird! I'm dehydrated, hungry and starting to lose faith in my brothers! NO WAY if a Huey armed like that one was looking for directions that they would have any trouble getting someone to help!!!

I leave sunny Afghanistan on Sunday, should be out of Kuwait at 930 in the morning on the 8th. I figure when I get on the plane it will be 5 oclock somewhere!!!! and it will be Beer thirty!