USPSA election

Jaxshooter

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, our didn't come today. Our mission count statements arrived but no ballots!!! :angry2:

I did get the new Brownells catalog today......

Did you like my cover??

I haven't seen the Finished Product yet!!!

Y

Well, our didn't come today. Our mission count statements arrived but no ballots!!! :angry2:

Did you like my cover??

Y

Thats your work? Cool. It looks nice. Whose shop is that?

Did you like my cover??

Y

Didn't get the Brownell's catalog, but I did get the new Dillon "Blue Press", with another stunning picture of Cathy on the cover. :wub::blush:

Question: When do we start worrying and can we get replacement ballots??
From USPSA Bylaws

6.3 Eligibility to Vote:

Eligibility to vote requires a current USPSA membership with an original membership date prior to May 1 of the year of the election.

6.5 Election by Ballot:

The Executive Director shall create a list of eligible voters in accordance with Article 6.3 on the first business day of July in the year of the election. The Board of Directors shall cause ballots for each contested election, to be printed and delivered to a certified public accounting firm selected by the Executive Director at the direction of the Board by July 15th of each election year.

The ballots shall be serially numbered, contain the name of the incumbent, followed by the word "incumbent", followed by the name of any challenger(s). The ballot shall indicate a date by which the ballot must be returned to the accounting firm to be counted. The outgoing envelopes shall be marked with the USPSA logo and the words "USPSA Ballot" in red 18-point lettering.

A list of eligible voters in each Area shall be delivered to the accounting firm. The certified public accounting firm shall:

i.) mail ballots to all individual members on the list by August 1 by first class mail,

ii.) receive the ballots back by return mail, and

iii.) tabulate, certify and report the results to the President and Board of Directors by September 15th of each election year.

It is the voting member's responsibility to mark and complete the ballot and mail it to the certified public accounting firm to be received on or before September 1st of each election year. There is no provision for lost ballots, and the original official ballots, timely received by the certified public accounting firm, through the United States Mail, unopened at time of counting, are the only ballots that shall be counted.

Write-in votes shall be considered invalid, shall not be counted, and shall not be listed in the election results.

The results of the election shall appear in the next regular issue of the corporate newsletter and be posted on the corporate website.

6.7 Quorum and Majority:

The individual members actually voting shall constitute a quorum and those persons receiving the highest number of votes cast shall be deemed elected.

Majority Required: No candidate for Area Director or President may serve without having received a majority of votes cast. In the event that no candidate receives more than 50% of the votes cast, a run-off election shall be conducted between the two candidates receiving the most votes.

6.7 Runoff Election Ballot Procedure:

The run-off election shall be conducted under the terms, conditions, and procedures described in 6.5 for the initial election, except that the deadlines shall be:

i.) ballots shall be mailed to all current members on the original mailing list by November 1st, by first class mail,

ii.) ballots received on or before December 1st are eligible to be counted,

iii.) results shall be reported to the President and Board of Directors by December 15th of each election year.

6.8 Uncontested Election:

In the event that an election for President or Area Director is uncontested, the provisions of Sections 6.5, 6.6, and 6.7 shall be waived. The sole candidate shall be considered to have been duly elected and shall take office in accordance with the provisions of Section 6.2 ii), iii), and iv).

Edited by wide45

Question: When do we start worrying and can we get replacement ballots??
From USPSA Bylaws

6.3 Eligibility to Vote:

Eligibility to vote requires a current USPSA membership with an original membership date prior to May 1 of the year of the election.

6.5 Election by Ballot:

The Executive Director shall create a list of eligible voters in accordance with Article 6.3 on the first business day of July in the year of the election. The Board of Directors shall cause ballots for each contested election, to be printed and delivered to a certified public accounting firm selected by the Executive Director at the direction of the Board by July 15th of each election year.

The ballots shall be serially numbered, contain the name of the incumbent, followed by the word "incumbent", followed by the name of any challenger(s). The ballot shall indicate a date by which the ballot must be returned to the accounting firm to be counted. The outgoing envelopes shall be marked with the USPSA logo and the words "USPSA Ballot" in red 18-point lettering.

A list of eligible voters in each Area shall be delivered to the accounting firm. The certified public accounting firm shall:

i.) mail ballots to all individual members on the list by August 1 by first class mail,

ii.) receive the ballots back by return mail, and

iii.) tabulate, certify and report the results to the President and Board of Directors by September 15th of each election year.

It is the voting member's responsibility to mark and complete the ballot and mail it to the certified public accounting firm to be received on or before September 1st of each election year. There is no provision for lost ballots, and the original official ballots, timely received by the certified public accounting firm, through the United States Mail, unopened at time of counting, are the only ballots that shall be counted.

Write-in votes shall be considered invalid, shall not be counted, and shall not be listed in the election results.

The results of the election shall appear in the next regular issue of the corporate newsletter and be posted on the corporate website.

6.7 Quorum and Majority:

The individual members actually voting shall constitute a quorum and those persons receiving the highest number of votes cast shall be deemed elected.

Majority Required: No candidate for Area Director or President may serve without having received a majority of votes cast. In the event that no candidate receives more than 50% of the votes cast, a run-off election shall be conducted between the two candidates receiving the most votes.

6.7 Runoff Election Ballot Procedure:

The run-off election shall be conducted under the terms, conditions, and procedures described in 6.5 for the initial election, except that the deadlines shall be:

i.) ballots shall be mailed to all current members on the original mailing list by November 1st, by first class mail,

ii.) ballots received on or before December 1st are eligible to be counted,

iii.) results shall be reported to the President and Board of Directors by December 15th of each election year.

6.8 Uncontested Election:

In the event that an election for President or Area Director is uncontested, the provisions of Sections 6.5, 6.6, and 6.7 shall be waived. The sole candidate shall be considered to have been duly elected and shall take office in accordance with the provisions of Section 6.2 ii), iii), and iv).

I would think that if they were numbered, replacements could be tracked and issued. This worries me, especially if the election is close.

I received my Dillon catalog with Cathy on the cover today. Then I noticed that my USPSA ballot had arrived too. I filled it out and sent it back in but only after looking at the Dillon cover one more time. I hope they count ballots even though they have drool marks on them. :blush::rolleyes:

Edited by XD Niner

Has anybody looked at the post mark on their envelope to see when it was mailed?
gary, the post mark on my envelope says:
seattle wa 981

02 aug 2007 pm 3 t

and arrived 5 days later.

sven

Has anybody looked at the post mark on their envelope to see when it was mailed? I tore mine open so quick I forgot to look.

Gary

I'll be happy to let you know if and when mine ever arrives.

**If it doesn't arrive, I'm prepared to lay the blame on my local postal carrier(s). They leave a bit to be desired. ;)

Got mine last week, Ryans came in 3 days later. Still have not seen Austins yet. All at the same address.

I am surprised there is no provision for lost ballots. That may be a little antiquated.

We were having mail all mixed up with my neighbors , when I asked the post man about it he said the USPS had just implemented some new automated sorting machines.