Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If USPSA Production allowed full cap mags, what would you shoot?

Nemo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me see how equipment diversity would fare.

Feel free to elaborate about models or other options.

CZ SP01 Shadow - 19rnd of 9mm and it's heavy. Anything else would be down 2rnds am I right?

Wife would use a SIG 226 9mm in a duty rig with 17 round mags, The load 6, now load 10 now load 10 plus one just confused her at IDPA and she quit going after a couple of matches.. Gonna have her shoot Limited minor in USPSA, unless production changes to if it fits in the gun use it.

I voted Glock because I have some of them, a sack of magazines, holsters, pouches, and on and on. It would cost more than a new Open gun to replace it all with something else.

I really tried to get into the CZ's and Tangfolio guns but I just can't reach the trigger comfortably for the first shot. If I could I would, I would dump all the Glock stuff and start over.

I would shoot a Cz SP-01 in 9mm mostly because I shoot a Cz SP-01 9mm <_< . But I do live in a state that will not allow purchase of 10 round mags so it is a moot point. And since this state has the largest population of USPSA shooters of all the states, I hope this never comes about.

Later,

Chuck

Glock ... when I'm not turning a wheel :D ... It's so reliable for me, and parts accessories are easy to find. I'm not a fast shooter so reliability is something within my control and means a lot to me not to loose time fussing with an equipment issue. Has all the capacity I need since I've been spending most of time in L6 these days, a 17 round mag is a ton!

I'd go CZ; mostly because that's what I've started shooting this year in PD and what's not to love about 19rds of 9mm in a stock mag.

Edited by j2fast

I've been training with Glock all this time, so there's no need for me to switch.

Ceteras parabus, you're kidding yourself if you think having 19 rounds is the kryptonite to the 17 round guns.

I voted Glock in 9mm. That is what I would like to do. Howver since I live in NJ and can not have mags that exceed 15 rounds, I would have to stick with my G-35 and the 15 round mags. I would be 2-4 rounds down. But hey, I would have a built in excuse for losing. Right now the best I can manage is "I suck". But with unlimited capacity in production I could take the high road with "he only beat me because of the larger mags."

Edited by sslav

You left out an option, and I don't mean to restart the previously closed discussion, but you're missing out on some opinions if you don't include the option of

"I would stop shooting production if they allowed full-capacity mags"

You left out an option, and I don't mean to restart the previously closed discussion, but you're missing out on some opinions if you don't include the option of

"I would stop shooting production if they allowed full-capacity mags"

Would you?

id shoot a CZ spo1 in 9mm (do they have a 40SW yet?) ....19+1 rounds and 125 PF is kinda fun but it would open up a mag capacity race, few people will switch to a 9mm from a 40 sw to get more rounds

Yes I would, [stop shooting Production]

Why would you?

I would still shoot my glock. 17 vs. 19 is no big deal. Losing a couple of rounds to someone isn't as big a deal as people make it out to be. Reloading on the move isn't going to cost me much more time.

I'd shoot the same CZ-75 in 9mm that I currently shoot, but I would complain that I can't use SP-01 mags for an extra 2 rounds.

I frequently shoot that gun in Limited anyway (w/ 20 rd mags), so the change would just be making a Limited-minor division where I would presumably be more at home, but with a "factory" magazine rule instead of a 140mm rule. Except I would feel like I am at a disadvantage once again and I would contemplate switching guns and divisions at great expense.