Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

07 Open/Limited-10 Nationals *Missoula*

rtr

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Troy says 354 rounds plus chrono for this match. How many rounds are folks bringing?

....a boat load. I'll need enough to shoot at each target 4 to 8 times. :mellow:

Seriously I have 1000 set aside and I plan to bring 750 since I'm driving up.

If I were flying I would have shipped 500 and crossed my fingers.

Jim

Just a heads up...for anyone flying Alaska/Horizon into Missoula. Alaska Air Group has a requirement that each bag weights no more than 50lbs....so you can cram as many rounds as you can get into each checked bag as long as it weighs less than 50lbs.

According to the USPSA Nationals web-site...

Wed. June 20

Range opens @ 0800

There will be a staffed sight-in area available beginning @ 0800. There may be a small fee associated with the use of the area - proceeds to benefit local organizations.

Will there be a range set aside for sighting in guns? If not, is there another range close by that can be used for sight in?

There will be staffed sight in area at the match range Wednesday morning starting at 8:00 AM.The access to other ranges in the area will be limited at best.

Ken Miller

Just a heads up...for anyone flying Alaska/Horizon into Missoula. Alaska Air Group has a requirement that each bag weights no more than 50lbs....so you can cram as many rounds as you can get into each checked bag as long as it weighs less than 50lbs.

Unless this is a new regulation, I wouldn't bring more than 11lbs. I've flown Alaska many times and been asked if I have more than 11lbs of ammo. Probably depends on which airport you leave from.

Unless this is a new regulation, I wouldn't bring more than 11lbs. I've flown Alaska many times and been asked if I have more than 11lbs of ammo. Probably depends on which airport you leave from.

I think you must have run into gate agents Chuck that don't know their own policy. AlaskaAir, in my experience, has never said a word about how much ammo I'm bringing. My best recommendation would be to print a copy of their own policy from their website and bring it. Clears things up quick once they read it.

Here's a link to their policy for anyone who needs it:

http://www.alaskaair.com/www2/help/faqs/Sp...elatedItems.asp

Edited by SteveZ

Alaska's limit for domestic travel is 50 lbs of ammo. Has been that way for a while. Most of the other airlines (I usually fly United) only allow 11lbs of ammo, but rarely check.

What's new is that Alaska has decided to follow the lead of some of the larger airlnes, and start dinging people for overweight bags that they used to let slide. ("hey, look, a whole new revenue stream!")

So.... 50 lbs of ammo is fine. But a checked suitcase that weighs 50.1 will cost you something like $70 at the counter.

:angry2:

B

Just curious, Ken - are there other ranges in the area (even indoor is OK)?? Sighting in Tuesday night might be a more relaxed plan... :D

Dave.Indoor ranges are a no go.(Police & National Guard)Deep Creek Range is a possiblity.It's a bit of a drive and the road kinda sucks.Hellgate Range is close to Deer Creek,I just have to find a member so we could use it.(It's a black powder & rifle range)If it's really important,I'm sure I can make something happen.

Ken Miller

Dave.Indoor ranges are a no go.

Ah, well... that's too bad.

If it's really important,I'm sure I can make something happen.

No worries, Ken - the function fire range will be sufficient. Just kind of a PITA to check zero and correct it (if required) on the function fire range at the match (BTDT... you have to cycle through several groups, firing a couple of rounds, then check, then adjust and wait for the next group - clearing the gun each time, and then having to wait until the RO gives you LAMR to actually handle the gun and adjust...). But, it shouldn't be critical - hopefully, a quick double check will be all that is required....

I think you must have run into gate agents Chuck that don't know their own policy. AlaskaAir, in my experience, has never said a word about how much ammo I'm bringing. My best recommendation would be to print a copy of their own policy from their website and bring it. Clears things up quick once they read it.

Here's a link to their policy for anyone who needs it:

http://www.alaskaair.com/www2/help/faqs/Sp...elatedItems.asp

I know airline policies but I almost got kicked off the plane in Detroit last month because they didn't know theirs. I have had really bad luck arguing those policies at the ticket counter. I've even been told that local policies supercede corporate policies. Your choice if you want to take the chance but some of them can be real butts.

where the $%&^ is the squadding list?

Troy, if its makes it any easier, put me with the supersquad and Ill be their pasterboy.;)

As soon as I adjust you into the squad from hell, I'll have it posted, Mike.

Actually, it should be up today. It would have been yesterday, but we've had some recent cancellations, so we are trying to help out some people on the wait list. That doesn't always go as smoothly as planned.

Hope this helps.

Troy

It will be on the Nationals page, probably as a .pdf.

I left the smiley off the post to Mike. Sorry. :rolleyes:

Troy

Troy,

Will the list be on the Nats page or as a "locked list" in the self serve squading area?

Thanks,

David C