Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

07 Open/Limited-10 Nationals *Missoula*

rtr

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, just do it. Even if you don't get a slot, if you show up w/ checkbook (or, better yet, cash!) in hand, they're not going to turn you away ;) At least, to date, they haven't....

It's moving again now. There's A LOT of paperwork involved, so there may be brief spurts of lots of activity and then a period of no movement at all while I'm trying to dig my way out of the avalanche of entries. But don't let that discourage you. It doesn't mean your chances have vanished into the night. It's just me playing catch up.

Thanks!

Kim

Kim, you are such a dear! :wub:

Hang in there, we appreciate the difficult task you are managing.

A buddy called me last night to tell me he had been offered a slot and wanted to know if I had one. I told him that I had stayed up past my bedtime on the 28th and battled the credit card entry for about 20 minutes before finally giving up, unregistered.

Anyway, I went ahead at his urging and tried again yesterday. I got registered at 73 out. Late today, I was down to 53 out. Maybe I will get to go after all? That would be nice. Either way, it's OK.

My advice to anyone is, go ahead and give it a try.

• 1 month later...

Informational type stuff:

The Road to Deer Creek

Deer Creek Road is the road to the range in Missoula, Montana. There are several other attractions located along and beside this road—most notably a golf course and the Clark Fork River. During the summer months, there is more traffic on the road, including golfers (both walking and driving golf carts), swimmers, and teens diving off the bridge. Since we will be adding to the traffic load on this road for several days, everyone must use extreme caution when traveling to and from the range. This means obeying the posted speed limits and watching for people crossing the road. Anyone observed driving recklessly on this road will be asked to leave the range.

Parking at the range will be a little tight, so if possible, please share a ride from the hotel with a couple of your buddies. We’re asking the staff to do the same thing, to reduce the number of cars we will be putting on the range. We’ll have people directing parking, so please drive slowly and pay attention to their directions. We can’t allow vehicular traffic from stage to stage, but you will be allowed to drive from the East end of the range to the West end, to access the stages there. This means that there will be some traffic on the range roads at all times, so drive slowly and cautiously, as there will be competitors walking in the same area simultaneously, as well as the usual staff vehicles. Sharing a ride here will also help with parking.

Catering and vendors will be in the same general area along with some parking. This should help keep everything centralized and allow you access to the vendor area at break and lunch times. It also means that there will be increased pedestrian traffic around the parking area, so please be careful.

Troy

Troy, I suppose I'll ask the question that a lot of us are talking about :lol:

Not meaning to rush you at all - any clue roughly when squadding will be ready?

Troy, I suppose I'll ask the question that a lot of us are talking about :lol:

Not meaning to rush you at all - any clue roughly when squadding will be ready?

I'll start squadding the end of this week, hopefully. We are waiting on a few late entries to get processed and then I'll have it done. That's the plan, anyway.

Troy

To add an important note to the Deer Creek Road post there are several joggers with dogs that run on the road in the morning. If you do not see a speed limit sign, PLEASE consider it to be 35MPH or less.

There is also a railroad crossing just before the entry to the range with only lights & signal. There are frequently trains of 100 cars or more using this track so plan your arrival accordingly because those 4 engine trains are not going to stop if you get in their way.

There are frequently trains of 100 cars or more using this track so plan your arrival accordingly because those 4 engine trains are not going to stop if you get in their way.

What a way to get "DQ'ed", eh??? yeesh... ;)

There are frequently trains of 100 cars or more using this track so plan your arrival accordingly because those 4 engine trains are not going to stop if you get in their way.

Don't forget the avalanche hazard at 14k feet.

Don't forget the avalanche hazard at 14k feet.

Sandoz,

What you talking about? 14k feet?

Where I'm from there is a train (for tourists) that have only 4 cars :) and our highest mountain (volcano) is 10k feet.

hmmm,

barry B)

I have come close on three occasions now to hitting a golf cart. No stop sign for them where they cross the road and they don't even think of stopping.

I just hope I can breathe when I get there! I live on the highest peak in our town 64 ft above sea level!!!!:blink: Got all my ammo ready, now i have to get my ham gear in the motorhome (nerd)!

Good idea to buy an oxygen tank and a flight mask as you can get High Altitude Pulmonary Edema. :lol: