Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

07 Open/Limited-10 Nationals *Missoula*

rtr

If this thread should be in one of the existing topics please move but I didn't think I should ask this in the existing ones.

I'm looking for a house to rent for this match that can sleep four adults and would allow us to bring our small dog. Doesn't have to be luxurious but wouldn't mind if its a nice place either. So let me know if you have info either here or cmarsh90@hotmail.com, thanks.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

When Troy was in town last time,I heard they were trying to get the Hilton.The last I saw on another thread on the forum, he mentioned the Holiday Inn/Parkside.The Holiday Inn is beautiful down by the river,but it sucks getting in and out of.Also,a lot farther away from good eateries & breweries.The Hilton has everything you want around it and easy access to the interstate and the range.I guess it will boil down to a price issue with Troy and the hotels.When the pick it,I'll give you the info on what to expect.

Bubba

If you check on the IPSC web link for the event Hotels are listed, = we went with a cabin 20 min out of town. Can you say fresh ... Grilled Fish?

Can you link us where your talking about? I can't find anything on ipsc.org or uspsa-nationals.org, thanks.

Hey while posting all the links you forgot RV parks!!!!! LOL

Missoula Accommodations Campgrounds and RV Parks

http://www.gonorthwest.com/Montana/northwe...campgrounds.htm

Elkhorn Guest Ranch. 408 Rock Creek Road, Clinton, MT 59825. Phone: 406-825-3220; Fax: 406-825-3224. E-mail

Montana Campground Owners Association. 3450 Tina Avenue, Missoula, MT 59802. Phone: 406-549-0881.

Jim and Mary's RV Park. 9800 Highway 93 North, Missoula, MT 59802. Phone: 406-594-4416.

http://www.jimandmarys.com/

Lolo Hot Springs RV Park. 38555 W US Highway 12, Lolo, MT. Phone: 406-273-2294.

Missoula KOA. 3450 Tina Avenue, Missoula, MT 59802. Phone: 406-549-0881; Toll-free: 1-800-562-5366; Fax: 406-541-0884. RV Rates: RV: $20.70-$32.00; Tent: $18.90-$25.00; Kamping Kabin: $34.20-$46.00.

http://www.missoulakoa.com/ http://www.missoulakoa.com/map_our_location_popup.htm

Outpost Campground. 11600 N US Highway 93, Missoula, MT. Phone: 406-549-2016.

St. Ignatius Campground and Hostel. PO Box 321, St. Ignatius, MT 59865. Phone: 406-745-3959. E-mail

Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park. I-90 and Highway 93 North. 9900 Jellystone Drive, Missoula, MT. Phone: 406-543-9400; Toll-free: 1-800-318-9644; Fax: 406-543-9400. Rates" $19-$24.00.

http://www.campjellystonemt.com/

2 Bar Lazy H RV Campgrounds Exit 122, Missoula, MT 59801 (406) 782-5464

http://localsearch.live.com/localsearch/de...cid=ansPhBkYp02

For those of us flying in anybody know what are the preferred airlines into Missoula? Couldn't get anything from SW closer than Spokane.

Thanks.

Northwest flies into Missoula. About $500.00 rt from Michigan. Thank God for Frequent flier miles.

For those of us flying in anybody know what are the preferred airlines into Missoula? Couldn't get anything from SW closer than Spokane.

Thanks.

Northwest flies into Missoula. About $500.00 rt from Michigan. Thank God for Frequent flier miles.

Looks like about $550 from Tampa on NW. I'm going to try the travel sites and see what I can dig up. thanks again.

Spokane was about $100 cheaper for each of us than Missoula. Should be a nice drive..

It is if you can manage to watch the road part of the time instead of looking at all the scenery & be careful in 4th of July Pass. Not sure what you have for hills in Texas but in Idaho they call them mountains.

Spokane was about $100 cheaper for each of us than Missoula. Should be a nice drive..

It is if you can manage to watch the road part of the time instead of looking at all the scenery & be careful in 4th of July Pass. Not sure what you have for hills in Texas but in Idaho they call them mountains.

Cool. I was hoping the road was like that. Is 4th of July pass like Independence Pass in Colorado, named because that's about when the snow melted off it?

We don't have mountains for real here, but I did spend a lot of time growing up in Colorado.. we'll try and keep the gawking down. Too bad about that whole no-speed-limit thing in MT :(

Neither 4th of July Pass nor Lookout Pass on I90 are anything like the Colorado passes. They are both fairly low, especially 4th of July. Easy during the summer, but can be interesting to say the least during winter. But Leroy is right, you flatlanders pay attention. Very winding road on the Montana side of Lookout along the St. Regis River. If you have the time, its worthwhile to go from Spokane down through Lewiston, Idaho and over Lolo Pass on US 12. A lot farther and a lot slower, but one of the most scenic and wildest highways in the country. Or maybe you could go back that way.

Very winding road on the Montana side of Lookout along the St. Regis River. If you have the time, its worthwhile to go from Spokane down through Lewiston, Idaho and over Lolo Pass on US 12. A lot farther and a lot slower, but one of the most scenic and wildest highways in the country.

When I headed over for Area 1 in 2005 (driving from seattle)...as I was coming down the backside of the pass...the only thing that went through my mind was.....I wish I was on my R1..and hanging off in the corners!!!! That is a great road and it had been years since I had been on that stretch of I-90.

Edited by SteveZ

When I headed over for Area 1 in 2005 (driving from seattle)...as I was coming down the backside of the pass...the only thing that went through my mind was.....I wish I was on my R1..and hanging off in the corners!!!!

Dude.... I even *offered* to schlep all your stuff to Missoula so you could do the trip on your bike, but noooooooo. You said something about 500 miles on the bike being a little hard on your ... um... well, maybe you would have been walking funny for a couple of days, but where's your sense of priorities?!?!?

:P:P:P

Bruce