Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

07 Open/Limited-10 Nationals *Missoula*

rtr

I think Troy knows I was totally joking;

especially since I havent even sent in my RO test to him yet!

-and if I got to be on the supersquad, for ANY reason, Id be the whipping boy, sure, Id even give myself a few cracks on the ass!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squad list is up thanks Troy!

http://www.uspsa-nationals.org/downloads/L...29FOR%20WEB.pdf

As requested here is the text Kim is referencing below.

Squad Lists for O/L-10

The squad list for the O/Lim-10 Match is available below as a pdf. Read thoroughly and with powerful diligence, the following notes before gazing upon their greatness:

1) The squadding this year was done by none other than his royal awesomeness himself, Match Director, Troy McMeanus. If you are displeased in any way with your position, you must take it up with him. I repeat, you need to address any concerns, kudos, complaints or general malaise to MD, Troy McMEANus as no one in the USPSA office can help you. He is working the Area 4 at the moment, so email is best: mactiger@eatel.net.

2) Troy has made every attempt to squad you according to your request. If it just couldn't be done then he has done the second best thing by squadding you as close to your requested shooting partner or on the same schedule, etc. etc. Please accept your shooting schedule graciously and with an open mind, with the intent of having fun and making new friends. Please keep in mind that this year Troy is working as RM at the LPR, RM at the MG Nationals, MD at this match and is currently teaching a class while simultaneously working the A4, so be nice to him.

3) Just because there appears to be room on a squad for you to hop around, doesn't mean there is actually room. Calling Troy up with a conversation that begins, "Well, there's only X on squad Z, why can't you move me there?" most likely won't get you anywhere. We've invited several people on the wait list to the match and we've got to save places for those folks. We're just waiting for the paperwork to make the proper rounds. Once that's done those squads will show as full as well.

4) We will not, absolutely will NOT, be making any squad changes at registration. Time and space do not allow. Please don't even ask.

5) I have included the division and class of you and your squad mates. However, the class shown is the ENTRY class. This means the classes have not been verified. We will be using June's classification for this match and since the system hasn't been run for June yet, there is a possibility that classes may change between now and registration day. Do not be alarmed. No one is pulling a fast one.

6) If you have difficulty viewing the pdf please let me know and I will be happy to send you the list in another format.

Edited by rtr

Yeah, k, thanks for posting the pdf here. But as long as you're just going to copy and paste it here maybe you could copy and paste the rest of what we posted as well? Save Troy and the USPSA office the trouble of having to tell the 2 dozen calls that will undoubtedly come in the rest of the disclaimer and information that wasn't copied and pasted? You know, because they "saw it on the Enos forum" --

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Kim

USPSA HQ

Thanks, Kim and Troy ;) The text Kim is referring to (from the http://uspsa-nationals.org page):

Squad Lists for O/L-10

The squad list for the O/Lim-10 Match is available below as a pdf. Read thoroughly and with powerful diligence, the following notes before gazing upon their greatness:

1) The squadding this year was done by none other than his royal awesomeness himself, Match Director, Troy McMeanus. If you are displeased in any way with your position, you must take it up with him. I repeat, you need to address any concerns, kudos, complaints or general malaise to MD, Troy McMEANus as no one in the USPSA office can help you. He is working the Area 4 at the moment, so email is best: mactiger@eatel.net.

2) Troy has made every attempt to squad you according to your request. If it just couldn't be done then he has done the second best thing by squadding you as close to your requested shooting partner or on the same schedule, etc. etc. Please accept your shooting schedule graciously and with an open mind, with the intent of having fun and making new friends. Please keep in mind that this year Troy is working as RM at the LPR, RM at the MG Nationals, MD at this match and is currently teaching a class while simultaneously working the A4, so be nice to him.

3) Just because there appears to be room on a squad for you to hop around, doesn't mean there is actually room. Calling Troy up with a conversation that begins, "Well, there's only X on squad Z, why can't you move me there?" most likely won't get you anywhere. We've invited several people on the wait list to the match and we've got to save places for those folks. We're just waiting for the paperwork to make the proper rounds. Once that's done those squads will show as full as well.

4) We will not, absolutely will NOT, be making any squad changes at registration. Time and space do not allow. Please don't even ask.

5) I have included the division and class of you and your squad mates. However, the class shown is the ENTRY class. This means the classes have not been verified. We will be using June's classification for this match and since the system hasn't been run for June yet, there is a possibility that classes may change between now and registration day. Do not be alarmed. No one is pulling a fast one.

6) If you have difficulty viewing the pdf please let me know and I will be happy to send you the list in another format.

Is it just me... or are there some folks missing I was expecting to see?? I realize the squad lists aren't complete, yet, of course... Notably, no Jake or Steve A ???

Is it just me... or are there some folks missing I was expecting to see?? I realize the squad lists aren't complete, yet, of course... Notably, no Jake or Steve A ???

Not entered in the match, AFAIK.

Troy

As Kim noted, I'm kind of busy right just now. I will get my email in the mornings and in the afternoons, most days. I'll be on the road, so please be patient. I'm pretty sure that I squadded everyone where they wanted to be, with a couple of obvious exceptions (mostly because not everyone can be on a supersquad), but I can get you on the same schedule. Also, there were some very late division changes that forced a couple of moves. Kim found a couple of typo errors and the like, which she graciously fixed for me. As she mentioned, we are working the wait list right now. Well, she is, not me. So, while it might look like there are some open spots, there really aren't.

Next stop, Missoula.

Troy

Since I'm a nationals virgin can anyone tell me if the saturday night banquet is included in my match fee or if there is an extra cost? Thanks.

I'm working off fading memory, here, but I think they had "heavy appetizers" and cash bar at last year's awards??? Otherwise, its just an awards ceremony (at least, that's how it was last year). Not a sit down dinner type of thing... We went out and got dinner afterwards last year....

I'm working off fading memory, here, but I think they had "heavy appetizers" and cash bar at last year's awards??? Otherwise, its just an awards ceremony (at least, that's how it was last year). Not a sit down dinner type of thing... We went out and got dinner afterwards last year....

youre correct; I got a decent amount of grub last year at Barry.

I strategically put myself at a table between the bar and the horse de orver tables.

Edited by mike cyrwus

I can't wait. We're combining our vacation, 25th anniversary and my first major on this trip. Heading due north next

25th, Great man. We did the same thing last year on our 25th at Tulsa.

Good Luck

Buy the way, I'm trying to find out from Delta how they weigh the amo. 300 rounds of my 38 super weighs 10 lbs. 300 rounds in the Dillon boxes weighs just over 11 lbs. My wife is going too, so I'll let her carry 300, so I'll have 600 rounds for the match. This will be the frist time I've flown with guns and amo, so anyone know the answer?

Thanks

Ronnie

Edited by Still Praying

Buy the way, I'm trying to find out from Delta how they weigh the amo. 300 rounds of my 38 super weighs 10 lbs. 300 rounds in the Dillon boxes weighs just over 11 lbs. My wife is going too, so I'll let her carry 300, so I'll have 600 rounds for the match. This will be the frist time I've flown with guns and amo, so anyone know the answer?

Thanks

Ronnie

If they weigh it, it'll be in whatever boxes it's packed in, but usually they don't weigh it, just ask 'do you have less than 11 lbs?'

usually they don't weigh it, just ask 'do you have less than 11 lbs?'

When I get to the counter, I tell them "I have an unloaded handgun to declare, in a locked hard-sided case inside this bag, and a small amount of ammunition in the other bag".

I've never had them ask me what my ammo weighs (and, hey, 600 rounds *is* a small amount, in the global scheme of things <grin>)

Bruce