Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Us National Steel Championship

re: practice range..........<<Jeez...I hope this isn't the case, getting nickeled and dimed at every turn now......Now that I think of it ?? do you pay to practice at the California SC ?? I've only been once.>>

Yes, there is a charge in CA.

Oh, BTW, I believe that lunch is being served to everyone on Friday and Saturday for free………………. But, they do that at the Nationals, don't they? ;)

Rich

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IN Californa

NO Free lunch at the World shoot, the Boy Scouts sell sandwitches.

the Pratice / worm-up range cost $?50.00 for five days ? w-sat ?

I do not see any fee as Nickel & dime to the shooter. :) I am happy to pay it :)

I am glad when a range can make $$$ and stay open. I have personaly sean 0ver 3 ranges that I have shot at go broke just in San Antonio

:)

<_< I would like to go, BUT we just had our 20th aniverary :wub: and the nice people in Canida have all my fun money. And Benny Hill is going to get the rest for my new IPSC gun <_<

I hope the Texas crew post some great scores for me - :mellow: I will be missing it :mellow:

B)

<_< Do they still need any Steel RO's? ? does any one need someone to cary their bag?

Edited by AlamoShooter

I wish I could shoot it too, but can't.

All my shooting money is going towards my SS Gun that derek is building!!

I wanna, I really wanna, but the bank accounts says NO!!!

I hate that!! :angry:

Good luck to all you guys and gals this weekend!!

Just spoke with Kay. She's doing much better. She's in ICU and they're giving her anti-venom. The bite is on her left hand and the swelling got up to her bicep. They're keeping her overnight for observation and possibly one more dose of anti-venom early AM.

Renee

Just got off the phone with Rebecca, Todd just told her that Kay C-M just got bitten by a snake and is being treated at a local hospital. Anit-venin was mentioned as well so I assume that it was poisonous. From what Todd said, she will be in the hospital for several days, out of commission for a couple of months.

Of course, our thoughts and prayers are with Kay and Jerry and family.

Will know more later and pass it along.

Richard Jones

Rice, VA

Well,

Got done shooting the US Steel National Championship and I loved it! I have never shot a steel match before it was fantastic. Derek and Mike did a great job in organizing and running this event. Due to work, I had to shoot the whole match on Thursday (with mostly .22 shooters on squads), but it was a blast.

This match was very well run and setup and I couldnt have been happier. The only thing I would like to do different next year is shoot in multiple divisions next year and have the time off work.

For those that are going to get to shoot it, have fun, sorry to those who couldnt make it. I would shoot this every year if given the chance. Hope Derek and Mike keep this thing going.

My videoing of Steel matches sucks almost as much as my shooting does! A whole new ball game for me... sorry for the not so great videos. I have over 130 clips from today to preview/edit... but here's a couple from our squad:

Doug Koenig Five To Go

Jerry Miculek Smoke & Hope

Angus Hobdell Show Down

Shannon Smith Speed Option

Dave Sevigny "Excel"erator

Phil Strader Roundabout

Me Pendulum

Todd Jarrett Outer Limits

Unfortunately, Jerry Miculek left the match early today and didn't finish. :(

Brought to you direct from Orland Airport! Just a quick overview of the results I have...

Open (Overall)

1. KC Eusebio - 80.09 (Fastest time ever shot for the whole match with these courses!)

2. Todd Jarrett - 83.46 (Finishing on the last stage of the match - Outer Limits and setting a new world record)

3. Max Michel - 83.52 (Set a new world record on Round About and came back in the match after having to eat a miss in the beginning!)

4. Jerry Miculek - 88.03 (Awesome considering his week!)

5. Dave Sevigny - 88.06 (with his open plastic)

Limited

1. Phil Strader - 91.76 (With an overall stage win for Smoke & Hope out of EVERYONE in the match and a new Limited World Record)

2. Dave Sevigny - 97.81

3. Angus Hobdell - 103.06

4. Doug Koenig - 105.2

5. Billy Abbate - 107.35

Production

1. Gibert Perez - 114.09

2. Simon Golob - 116.89

3. Jeff DeGracia - 127.62

Women

1. Jessie Abbate - 104.07

2. Rebecca Jones - 108.3

3. Lisa Ferrell - 120.57

Steel Master (Open, Ltd, & 22)

Dave Sevigny

(I didn't get all of these, sorry!)

IDPA (combined sub-divisions)

1. Dave Olhasso - 116.10

2. Jason Koon - 118.03

3. Simon Golob - 124.31

Iron Revolver

1. Jerry Miculek - 98.36

2. David Parker - 128.86

3. Cliff Walsh - 129.23

Optic Revolver

1. Jerry Miculek - 88.03

2. David Parker - 113.53

3. Paul Dandini - 119.3

Complete results will be posted online from what I have been told. Congrats to all the winners!!!

Sounds like everyone broke some world (and personal) records, but I look for KC to win some serious Majors this year. He's on a GREAT team!

1. KC Eusebio - 80.09 (Fastest time ever shot for the whole match with these courses!)

Major thanks to the team that decided to do this, worked like mad to set it up and get it going. Pretty much everybody I know said they shot like carp (sucking mud, natch), but still loved it and will be back. The sponsors also came through really well, so they deserve a big hand as well. S&W and Tactical Solutions I know went above and beyond, and I bet the others did too, if only I knew about it.

And one more thanks to the shooters. Sunday morning they auctioned a couple Tectical Solutions .22's and passed a coffee can to help with Kay's expenses. Todd handed Jerry an envelope with $2500 raised in it a couple hours later. Not a lot of other places people go back to the car to get more cash to help out a fellow competitor. The people in this sport rock.

We'll be back.

I haven't shot in CA in 6 years but most folks that had shot both mentioned the background and grassy berms made the plates much easier to see and index to. Hence the faster times.

Great match, everyone I talked to seemed to really enjoy it. Most hadn't shot a steel match before and were already begging for more. I think this will become a premier match in the country. I know I'll be back. Big thanks to Derek, Mike, Todd and all the rest of the crew that put it on.

Thanks for the videos Sharyn & Julie, they are way cool.