Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Shooting Video On Uspsa.org

ima45dv8

I agree it is a good video. I just wish the opening sequence didn't have so many open guns. It may put off some the newbies that the video is focused on. Hopefully, they hang on until the explanation that follows.

I agree, hopefully the new folks do hang-on for the whole story. I think it's a very well done synopsis of USPSA. In my view, it would be preferable if we could just edit the clip a bit to show the Mike Voight commentary piece first -- where he debunks the 'myth', and talks about Production, Single-Stack, and Revolver -- then evolves the conversation into the Open discussion.

Oh yeah...is Open a Class or a Division...shame shame MV, bite your tongue! ;)

An idea for boosting participation:

I'd like to see it in a format a little more readily distributed if possible. Would be nice to carry it around on video Ipods, laptops, and such so that when I'm discussing USPSA with someone new to the game I could show them what it's all about. We've been tossing around the idea of developing our own local video to take to trade shows, local gun shows, etc. in an effort to recruit some fresh interest and a professionally done video like this would be a big help. Anyone have any idea what the distribution limitations on it might be?

BTW, was Scoutten wearing body armor?

Rich

To add a bit more constructive criticizim. Jim is a great advocate for shooting sports, but he does look pretty stuffy in the video. Maybe there is a medical issue or something. The video otherwise is great! Imagine if they had choosen one of the young hot rod shooters to host it. Maybe Travis or Max or even our own Jake! Do the same thing with a champion young shooter and maybe a bit different music and it could play on MTV or something. No reason practical shooting couldn't have a 'Tony Hawks' type character bringing the extreme crowd in.

An idea for boosting participation:

I'd like to see it in a format a little more readily distributed if possible. Would be nice to carry it around on video Ipods, laptops, and such so that when I'm discussing USPSA with someone new to the game I could show them what it's all about. We've been tossing around the idea of developing our own local video to take to trade shows, local gun shows, etc. in an effort to recruit some fresh interest and a professionally done video like this would be a big help. Anyone have any idea what the distribution limitations on it might be?

I believe Larry at Topton has the video broken down into chapters so each segment is faster to download. The link is here.

Last I spoke to Larry he said he contacted headquarters and they said it was OK to post on the clubs website. I also have an email from Dave Thomas indicating I can make copies of the video (the clubs got copies on DVD) so long as I give them away fro FREE. At about $.50 a DVD it is a great way to introduce new shooters to the sport.

Edited by EricBudd

Last I spoke to Larry he said he contacted headquarters and they said it was OK to post on the clubs website. I also have an email from Dave Thomas indicating I can make copies of the video (the clubs got copies on DVD) so long as I give them away fro FREE. At about $.50 a DVD it is a great way to introduce new shooters to the sport.

How can I get a copy on DVD? Can I order a copy direct from USPSA?

-Cuz.

I will find out if USPSA is allowed to post a ISO image of the DVD to the site. If we are, I'll add it and club can download an image to burn directly to a DVD for use on regular DVD players.

Thanks Rob.

-Cuz.