Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

06 Production Nats Gossip Thread

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite quote of the match is when Thomas Moore mentions Bob Vogel to one of the "professional shooters you see in the magazine ads"...

Pro shooter: I don't know who that is.

T.Moore: ...you will.

:)

On top of being a great shooter, Bob gets himself in front of the stats staff after the match. They didn't get a Mike of his recorded. He made sure they did...moving him down the results a place.

The man in black walks the line. ;)

On top of being a great shooter, Bob gets himself in front of the stats staff after the match. They didn't get a Mike of his recorded. He made sure they did...moving him down the results a place.

Wow, how many of us would actually do that.

My favorite quote of the match is when Thomas Moore mentions Bob Vogel to one of the "professional shooters you see in the magazine ads"...

Pro shooter: I don't know who that is.

T.Moore: ...you will.

:)

Doesn't surpise me, Bob is a very nice guy, and a great shooter. Had the chance to be on the same squad at the Ohio Section with him. .05% difference between him and Sevigny, yeah people are going to start hearing about him!!!!

Alot of us around Indiana and Ohio already knew about Bob, great job!!!!

Nice to see Matt Mink up there and another "local" guy Tony Hawkins coming in 14th, way to go!!!

Nice to see Matt Mink up there and another "local" guy Tony Hawkins coming in 14th, way to go!!!

Edited by fortyfiveshooter

Flex, congrats on finishing in the top 16. :D

+1. Well done Flex!

So TGO wins the Production Nationals and Sevigney wins the Limited Nationals. It's a crazy, mixed up world . . . .

Edited by chp5

Top shooters do things like that. And yes, Bob is one of those top shooters! A class act...

Congrats Bob!!! ;)

Congrats to all of the winners, and especially to the match staff! Considering it was USSA's first match, I think it went pretty well.

Now, to address the issue that is surely on everyone's mind...the Poppers. Rest assured, it's being taken care of. We consulted with Action Targets, and the steel will be redesigned to work properly. Thanks to everyone who gave me their suggestions, as well. I will repost once they are ALL updated to the proper specs.

On behalf of USSA, I would like to extend our gratitude to everyone who showed, and everyone who wanted to show. I know that the next Nationals held here will be even better...and BIGGER!

Phil Strader

Director of Competiton

I wonder what happened to Michael Voigt? It is really too bad to see the President get DQed.

On Stage 14 you started with your toes (and belly, for most of us) touching a wall with a port. Reportedly Voight hit the window with the gun on the draw and sent it tumbling through the window onto the ground.......

As far as the "too easy, too boring", one shooter on the stage I was ROing (stage 4) said that and then proceeded to have a meeting with Mr. Mike D. NoShoot.

The furthest target was 35 yards, not 40, but still, a good challenge. As far as weather, my meter got a max windspeed of 12 mph and a low temp of 35 degrees during match shooting.

The range was great, the people freindly. Tom Fee and the USSA staff are owed a debt of gratitude by everyone who enjoys this sport for the endeaver they pulled off, and continue to. I hope they get 2 nationals next year. I'll try to get to any major held there.

Name to watch in women's production...Jessie Abbate. She was 4th woman overall winning a stage or two. She apparently has not been shooting very long but did very well. She is also very easy on the eyes. If Glock has any sense, they will sign her. Classification at the time of the match was "U"!

Oh, in his acceptance speech, TGO said "This was the best nationals I've ever shot".

I would have liked to see at least one strong hand only, one weak hand only and some prone included, but oh well...

Edited by MarkCO

It was a 20 round stage with an empty gun start. If you push it, you can save a load and shoot 8 rds paper and 2 rds steel from each side. It was a pretty even split on our squad, some guys tried, a couple connected, and some just threw in the extra load. But like was said earlier, pretty easy to tell when some one throws a miss on a 20 rd stage and still only does one reload??? Darrion's cool about it though. He's making full use of those high cap SP-01 mags.

TGO did something interesting on this stage. after shooting 4 paper and 2 steel, he reloaded, racked, then reloaded again, to give him 10 + 1 going in the final array (4 more paper, 2 more steel). in the end, he didnt need the extra round.

That makes me feel a little better b/c that is exactly what I did. I picked up the gun and loaded a 10rd mag while moving to the left. Shot 4 static and two steel, gun went to slide lock. I loaded a mag, hit slide release and dropped the mag and loaded another mag while running to the right. That gave me 10 +1 for the 4 static and 2 steel left. I didnt need the extra round in the chamber, but it helped knowing it was there.

Had plenty of time to make two mag changes.

Id love to say great minds think alike, now I just need to shoot like it!! :lol::lol:

It was a 20 round stage with an empty gun start. If you push it, you can save a load and shoot 8 rds paper and 2 rds steel from each side. It was a pretty even split on our squad, some guys tried, a couple connected, and some just threw in the extra load. But like was said earlier, pretty easy to tell when some one throws a miss on a 20 rd stage and still only does one reload??? Darrion's cool about it though. He's making full use of those high cap SP-01 mags.

TGO did something interesting on this stage. after shooting 4 paper and 2 steel, he reloaded, racked, then reloaded again, to give him 10 + 1 going in the final array (4 more paper, 2 more steel). in the end, he didnt need the extra round.

Russ,

Thanks for that tip by the way ---- the 11th round was a confidence builder. Didn't need it, but was glad to have it.....

The furthest target was 35 yards, not 40, but still, a good challenge.

Several of this stepped the stage off with the old "big one yard step"... we're curious about that measurement... ;)

I would have liked to see at least one strong hand only, one weak hand only and some prone included, but oh well...

I guess you can't have it all :D

I paced off stage 10 at real close to 40y (open targets and full poppers). Stage 11, I think I had at 30y (mini-poppers and partials on the paper). Stage 16 (no-shoots behind the poppers)...I'm not sure, I think I recall it at 35y.

My pacing matched up with what the RO's said the distance was.