shooterbenedetto

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/4/2020 at 9:45 PM, chenault said:

Man that's nice looking. 

Picked it up yesterday.  Even nicer in person.  I'm going to get it out to the range tomorrow and run some of my loads for my Czechmate over the chrono.  I'm hoping they chrono near the same so I don't have to load for 2 different open guns.

21 hours ago, aandabooks said:

Picked it up yesterday.  Even nicer in person.  I'm going to get it out to the range tomorrow and run some of my loads for my Czechmate over the chrono.  I'm hoping they chrono near the same so I don't have to load for 2 different open guns.

Really loving the green with the black.  That's a combo I haven't seen before that look really sharp.  Good luck with the testing; from past experience I bet that you will have two different loads.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, BigBamBoo said:

One of Don’s (Venom Customs) latest 9MM major rigs. This is my second open gun from Don and as with the first one...this new one is a work of art.

So beautiful! Congrats on the new addition 😃

• 3 weeks later...

My new blaster - First SV and got to say it was worth the money. This one is a 9 and plan on using it for a practice gun and local matchs - hope have my new SV 38SC in the next few weeks..be using it for bigger matches...

SV1.jpg

On 5/15/2020 at 3:19 PM, falconpilot said:

My new blaster - First SV and got to say it was worth the money. This one is a 9 and plan on using it for a practice gun and local matchs - hope have my new SV 38SC in the next few weeks..be using it for bigger matches...

SV1.jpg

Sweet looking gun! How’d you get them to make you a 9?

• 2 weeks later...

My homebrew open gun is a little... different. Possibly stupid. So, just like me!

49858215282_3e11f77cd0_b.jpg

I built it on a STI short dustcover frame. It's chambered in 45 ACP, with the optic milling by JL Machineworks and 8 barrel ports done by Magnaport. The frame and magwell are cerakoted Sniper Gray.

My homebrew open gun is a little... different. Possibly stupid. So, just like me!

I built it on a STI short dustcover frame. It's chambered in 45 ACP, with the optic milling by JL Machineworks and 8 barrel ports done by Magnaport. The frame and magwell are cerakoted Sniper Gray.

All guns are cool and deserving of love [emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, matteekay said:

Cool gun!

Not Sure that this even counts as an Open Gun = Compensated Single Stack

Built by the Colt Custom Shop = Colt Custom Comp

100% factory except for the scope mount & charging handle + Ed Brown magazine release

Came with one Colt M Magazine too..

I fit a Bomar/Knsight to the rear & removed the Wilson Combat scope mount

Walked into this Pistol 5/4/20 Model #01970DB SCGA0325

When Googled I came up with a price of $1500 on this pistol here..

Colt Custom Comp @ icollector item # 14554945

I don't think I got hurt & could easily sell or trade it for more than I paid if needed..

Kinda miss the other two 1911 Colts I got rid of = 1991-A1 Compact & Gold Cup National Match..

Until I purchased this 1911 I was a Glock Guy.. Carry a Glock 26 Gen 4 & Shoot 40 S&W Thru my longslide Glock 24..

My other carry guns are a S&W M&P Shield 2.0 & Taurus 85CH 38spl, These guns have all been given too family members just in case anything goes down& I'm not around, Brother got the Shield, Wife the Taurus 85CH & #3 Son got the G26..

I was looking for a Glock 42 or 43 & when this Colt came to me..

Now I'm kinda hooked again on the 1911s..

Need to score a few Wilson 47D Magazines & I'll be setup for a while..

Enjoy!!

Gary Sutter/ColtCustomComp

P5050109 - Copy.JPG

ColtCustomComp.JPG