Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Siglady Shootin' Straight

ima45dv8

Yep, I just yesterday found that they archive the "I Dare Dave" episodes on the KMTR-TV (NBC) Website. I had no idea they did that. Jeez, now it's out there for all to see. :rolleyes: I was actually pretty nervous. But Dave was a great sport and turned out to be a good shooter, really. He went out and did some rifle-shoot thing recently which was what gave me the idea in the first place... figured he wasn't afraid of guns. And he accepted the pistol challenge thing right away, so that was my cue that he was up for just about anything. ;)

I supplied both guns and the ammo. That matched us pretty evenly... I have two really nicely trigger'd and tuned Ruger Mark II Gov' Models that are killer accurate and nice to shoot. I think he was surprised at how easy it was to shoot--and how fun it was.

The rangemaster also gave them a free Tommy Gun shoot, which is a popular feature here at The Baron's Den.

The local ABC affiliate used to do a similar thing with a lady anchor who was doing a feature called "In Gear" where she went out and did all sorts of outrageous sporting challenges. I think she even did the skydiving number. But all of a sudden her feature disappeared from the airwaves....... But not Dave. He's still doing his "dares" and they're pretty interesting.

Mainly it was a promotion for the shooting sport as a safe and fun pastime, and a promotion for our superb local indoor range. B)

Great Idea and still good that you kicked his butt... :)

BTW...you are looking really good....couldn;'t help but smile... :P We have some foxy gals on this forum...

Edited by tightloop

Yes, again the entire effort was intended to promote the sport as being just as legitimate as any OTHER sport... It wasn't about me, it was a promotion of our local range that's been good to me and who's gone the extra mile for all of us during times when funds were lean. The range has been there several years and fought the good fight in keeping the doors open and putting up with all the usual crap from local bureaucracy.

We have a lot of shooters in our area and we all want to just keep shooting and pass it along to our young'uns. But it's good to bring in new adult shooters, too... I've seen lots more young couples shooting at The Den this year which is REALLY gratifying. 2005-6 has been a good year for this indoor range--lots of new shooters. It's anyone's guess why that suddenly happened, but we love it. Weekends at The Den now can be pretty busy. So any chance we get to promote a classy shootin' facility is good for ALL shooters everywhere.

Yeh, Dave is a mellow guy who's open to all kinds of sports experiences. The rangemaster (Raye) actually let me just go ahead and fully cover the gun-handling instruction to Dave before he began to shoot (which lasted a little longer than what was aired--we went thru loading/unloading, etc. at least twice). It was all cool. Dave picked up on it all right away. It was nice of KMTR to give 'shooting' equal time as all the other sports he covers. B)

It took some time for this video to travel to Europe....

Indeed TL, we have some great gals on the forums.

Way to go Charlene! For us: it was about you! ;)

Cool :wub:

Henny.

Edited by schmitz