Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Everyday Carry Belt

delta6

I have several Nex belts... Grossly overpriced junk IMO, dont hold up for squat if you put stuff on them.. Material frays or the inner plastic breaks. I got replacement straps for the buckles from them on a clearance deal,, but over all for a $60 ? IIRC belt... Far from impressed.  Maybe this leather covered version will last longer than the nylon.
I have black and tan,, got a year tops out of them.. And I dont carry a gun on them,, flashlight, keys, cellphone. 
Been wearing a  leather 2 hole per setting belt I got at Family Dollar for $9 that seems to be doing well.

Edited by Joe4d

4 hours ago, Ssanders224 said:

Just for reference, Kore has a better selection of options and is less expensive.

I just got a Kore belt last week based on a friends recommendation. Too soon to tell for sure, but I think it’s going to be a winner. 

3 hours ago, Joe4d said:

I have several Nex belts... Grossly overpriced junk IMO, dont hold up for squat if you put stuff on them.. Material frays or the inner plastic breaks. I got replacement straps for the buckles from them on a clearance deal,, but over all for a $60 ? IIRC belt... Far from impressed.  Maybe this leather covered version will last longer than the nylon.
I have black and tan,, got a year tops out of them.. And I dont carry a gun on them,, flashlight, keys, cellphone. 
Been wearing a  leather 2 hole per setting belt I got at Family Dollar for $9 that seems to be doing well.

I do carry a gun and an extra mag on it and have for a couple years.  I did have one tan one that the locking mechanism strips if you push your gut too hard against it, but the three others have been solid.  Absolutely, not saying there isn't something better, but the one I'm wearing at this very moment has been great.

22 hours ago, APL-G35 said:

Those ratchet belts are the best for EDC

You must have better comfort than me.  I bought one and did not care for it, was not that comfortable.  Stuck with my Wildnerness belt.

2 hours ago, Stuey said:

You must have better comfort than me.  I bought one and did not care for it, was not that comfortable.  Stuck with my Wildnerness belt.

Wilderness,, that was the brand I was trying to remember.. Only issue I had with them, is if you hang them in your closet they shrink over time. 

11 hours ago, Joe4d said:

Wilderness,, that was the brand I was trying to remember.. Only issue I had with them, is if you hang them in your closet they shrink over time. 

You sure it’s the belt shrinking?? 😁  Sorry couldn’t resist. 
I bought a Kore this year and so far like it except that some of the belt loops on my jeans won’t accept it doubled on the tag end. It’s funny how many people wear out a belt in a year when my old work belt is still going from 1974. 

Edited by Farmer

18 hours ago, Stuey said:

I have 2 Wilderness belts and have been wearing them for years (Velcro replaced twice) and they are great. I found this Bianchi/Safariland belt for formal business use.

On 2/27/2023 at 8:02 AM, Ssanders224 said:

Just for reference, Kore has a better selection of options and is less expensive.

Kore does have a great selection, but found them to be almost double the cost of the Bianchi/Safariland. Did I miss something?

3 hours ago, delta6 said:

Kore does have a great selection, but found them to be almost double the cost of the Bianchi/Safariland. Did I miss something?

Are you sure you weren’t looking at their 2-belt options?

They are selling 2 Beltre for $112, or just 1 for $60. 

7 hours ago, delta6 said:

Yes, you missed something. 

lol, just messin with ya. 

You were probably seeing their two belt combos. 

As another FYI, Precision Delta (who a lot of people here do business with anyway) carries Kore belts, and has sales on them from time to time. 

Inventory is limited currently, but will be restocked with a lot of options soon. 

https://www.precisiondelta.com/products/pro-shop/shooting-accessories/kore-gun-belts/

Maybe specific to my needs, but for appendix carry of lightweight guns (P365XL in my case), I've found that standard non gun-belts work fine. If anything the flexibility helps with comfort. My favorite is actually just a braided leather belt which provides a ton of micro adjustment by default

9 hours ago, delta6 said:

I bought the combo directly from Kore and there was an additional 10% off coupon so made it right at $100 for two + free shipping.