Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jorge Ballesteros

Blackstone45

Absolutely shocking news and completely out of the blue. Jorge was a world champion IPSC handgun shooter, with many national and international titles. His sponsor Bul Armory deleted their initial post several hours ago, so there was some hope that it was all a mistake. Unfortunately they have put the post back up, and many other top shooters have been posting tributes to him on their Instagrams.

image.thumb.png.7d03d08b5778d51fde69cb47e827ca88.png

20 hours ago, LordManHammer said:

I shoot his signature Bullesteros.  I've always admired his talents from afar. Very sad.

Fellow Bullesteros owner. I'll always feel a bit of a twinge for this guy when I look at it.

On 1/10/2023 at 4:22 PM, Blackstone45 said:

Absolutely shocking news and completely out of the blue. Jorge was a world champion IPSC handgun shooter, with many national and international titles. His sponsor Bul Armory deleted their initial post several hours ago, so there was some hope that it was all a mistake. Unfortunately they have put the post back up, and many other top shooters have been posting tributes to him on their Instagrams.

image.thumb.png.7d03d08b5778d51fde69cb47e827ca88.png

My sincere condolences to his family, friends and colleagues. He was a great shooter, learned alot from his match and training videos! His legacy will exist in his Bul Armory Bullesteros race guns!

• 2 weeks later...

My prayers will go out to his family and friends.  My brother, did the same thing with a pistol he won at the Bianchi Cup back in the early 90's, devastating our family and shooting community.  It was the largest viewing and funeral our town had ever witnessed.  His family will need a lot of love for a long time.      

This is sad, especially right after the worldshoot. 

Most media titled it incredibly ambiguously and without supplying any more information than bullet wound to the head. Which I find ridiculous.

And my only explanation to why the news won't admit that it was a suicide is because he was a high profile pistol shooter.

This was a suicide.

Edited by yekcoh