Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Jerseys

Chapo

I tend to not like match jerseys as they can get too wild with match sponsors etc. I prefer to order my own shirts from TechWearusa.com and get the logos, colors, options etc that I want. They run about $120-$150 each depending on options.

42 minutes ago, Chapo said:

But do they sell these types of jerseys at the match?

Usually not in my limited experience.  Probably because they are very expensive as Sarge said and any that go unsold are a big financial loss to the match.

Just order one directly from Techwear if you want one.

Our club will do a bulk order type deal every once and a while, they'll pick a design pattern and you can customize it with logos and names etc the way you like. Cost us 70 dollars from zero sports. Talk with your MD and see if they've done anything like that in the past or if they'd be willing to try it out.

They’re really good for advertising the companies from which people pay retail for their gear.  I see a lot of people who pay for the ability to advertise for companies that give them nothing in return.  

Some of them look cool though.

7 hours ago, Sarge said:

I tend to not like match jerseys as they can get too wild with match sponsors etc. I prefer to order my own shirts from TechWearusa.com and get the logos, colors, options etc that I want. They run about $120-$150 each depending on options.

Their pricing has gone through the roof. Good luck with Techwear USA! 

As cool (figuratively and/or literally) as they MAY be, the prices are exorbitant and I don't like 'em THAT much.  I would rather have a cotton Tee or polo with appropriate match/club logo (at a fraction of the price of Techwear).  

Edited by varminter22

13 minutes ago, varminter22 said:

As cool (figuratively and/or literally) as they MAY be, the prices are exorbitant and I don't like 'em THAT much.  I would rather have a cotton Tee or polo with appropriate match/club logo (at a fraction of the price of Techwear).  

Tons of technical fabric shirts out there at Dicks, Dunhams, etc that do the same for a 1/4 of the cost

Cotton sucks when it's hot and humid, or worse, cold and humid.

12 hours ago, RJH said:

The best thing is to roll up looking like a hillbilly and dust everybody....

Vans, cat tee shirt, nerd glasses. And attend the new shooters meeting haha. That used to be my uniform shooting at a new place.

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

Vans, cat tee shirt, nerd glasses. And attend the new shooters meeting haha. That used to be my uniform shooting at a new place.

On the flip side, we once had a new guy roll up in a Sponsored looking jersey and matching gear. We thought he must be some visiting GM. Nope. Normal C shooter. He told us that he had ordered the stuff from Techwear and made up the “team” name. His job had him traveling and the look specifically allowed him to catch a match on the road and *avoid* the new shooters quiz…

I a "husky" guy. Those lightweight match type shirts aren't long enough for me. I buy lightweight t shirts that are longer that tuck in well. I bought a couple of their extra long length shirts but those came down to my knees. I do like the shirts with the shooters names on them. It's embarrassing how many times I've shot with some people and haven't connected their name. 

I've moved to Go Fast Don't Suck Jersey's. They sponsor a lot of matches and do ton for the community. And their jersey's are nice, they're a little less than Techware and don't charge you for every logo you add like techware does. They're about $80 now, vs someone above said they paid 120-150 for techware. 

A lot of matches in the east Bill (GFDS) is likely supplying the match with tablets, timers, and wifi for instant scoring uploads to PS. Shooters like it, and it's one less thing for the MD to worry about. 

3 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

I've moved to Go Fast Don't Suck Jersey's. They sponsor a lot of matches and do ton for the community. And their jersey's are nice, they're a little less than Techware and don't charge you for every logo you add like techware does. They're about $80 now, vs someone above said they paid 120-150 for techware. 

A lot of matches in the east Bill (GFDS) is likely supplying the match with tablets, timers, and wifi for instant scoring uploads to PS. Shooters like it, and it's one less thing for the MD to worry about. 

Great idea.  Will check them out